Michaels Versus Hart

Who was better?

• Total voters

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Vince really loved his Shawn. I remember seeing the video of them backstage at Michaels wwe hall of fame or something and hes crying. Was weird, not gonna lie. Maybe Shawn is what Vince wanted to be or something.

Vince the exact same way with Undertaker. And for the same reason.

HBK and Undertaker were the 2 stars that trusted and stuck by Vince when everyone else was jumping ship to WCW. They kept things going and were top stars across multiple eras and are pillars of the company's history.

Reactions: Kaner9

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ

HBK and Undertaker were the 2 stars that trusted and stuck by Vince when everyone else was jumping ship to WCW. They kept things going and were top stars across multiple eras and are pillars of the company's history.

Damn fine workhorses right there. Even Vince can see that. (ignore Michaels disappearing for five years lol)

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Somehow I think I don't wanna see the rubber match of that one :laugh:

Hart won at Survivor Series 1992. Michaels at WrestleMania 12 and Survivor Series 1997. Which other Hart win are you counting? I know Hart beat Michaels in a ladder match at a house show in 1992 but I'm blanking on any other Hart wins, assuming we're talking about 1-on-1 matches.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Hart won at Survivor Series 1992. Michaels at WrestleMania 12 and Survivor Series 1997. Which other Hart win are you counting? I know Hart beat Michaels in a ladder match at a house show in 1992 but I'm blanking on any other Hart wins, assuming we're talking about 1-on-1 matches.

I wasn't thinking of 1997 SS. Mainly I want o see neither of them in the ring ever again. I wouldn't put it past wwe :shakehead

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Wasn't Bret also loyal because in 1996 he had the chance to sign with WCW before re-signing that 20 year contract.

Plus in that Hitman Hart Wrestling with Shadows documentary right before he faxed over his WCW contract, he called Vince one last time to so they could work out an agreement for him to stay with the WWE.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Hart won at 1992 Survivor Series and at an event on July 31st 1992.

Michaels won Wrestlemania 12 and 1997 Survivor Series.

This website can be used to look up wrestler's win-loss records.

Bret Hart: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)

Reactions: Kaner9

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

This is strange. 4 matches in a 4 days? All lost?

us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 9th 2000
Sid ViciousDef. (DQ)Bret Hart (C) WCW World Heavyweight Title
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 8th 2000
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 7th 2000
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 6th 2000
Sid ViciousDef. (Pin)Bret Hart
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This is strange. 4 matches in a 4 days? All lost?

us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 9th 2000
Sid ViciousDef. (DQ)Bret Hart (C)WCW World Heavyweight Title
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 8th 2000
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 7th 2000
us.gif
WCW WCW Live
Jan 6th 2000
Sid ViciousDef. (Pin)Bret Hart
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

pretty typical for house shows. pretty much had the same opponent every night for X months

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Don't forget that Hart and his family defeated Michaels and his highly skilled knights in '93.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
The development of the Attitude Era dictated their careers.

Bret was a wrestler first and foremost. He was very technical. I tend to think that Bret would have been better served in competitive fighting (like Kurt Angle did prior to his WWE career). Hart was a lot about calm, composure, doing what feels right and loyalty.

Shawn Michaels had great moves but his first thing is showmanship. He was what wrestling was looking for in the mid 90s, something exciting and a big mouth. While he got people on their toes, him and guys like Kevin Nash had too much input with Vince and the WWE lost it's gloss over the years because of their influence.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Shawn Michaels had great moves but his first thing is showmanship. He was what wrestling was looking for in the mid 90s, something exciting and a big mouth. While he got people on their toes, him and guys like Kevin Nash had too much input with Vince and the WWE lost it's gloss over the years because of their influence.
I remember seeing a video of Vince, Shawn, and Hunter meeting to discuss the finish to the Survivor Series in 1997 and I always wondered this.

Why did Vince let Shawn and Hunter have so much influence at that time, even though Shawn himself refused to put Bret over at Wrestlemania 13 and win the championship from him, since Bret did that 1 year before at Wrestlemania 12.

Specifically I remember Hunter saying since Bret was leaving screw him and what he thinks. Keep in mind this was back in 1997 and not today, so besides being friends with Shawn why did Hunter get a say in things like that?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I remember seeing a video of Vince, Shawn, and Hunter meeting to discuss the finish to the Survivor Series in 1997 and I always wondered this.

Why did Vince let Shawn and Hunter have so much influence at that time, even though Shawn himself refused to put Bret over at Wrestlemania 13 and win the championship from him, since Bret did that 1 year before at Wrestlemania 12.

Specifically I remember Hunter saying since Bret was leaving screw him and what he thinks. Keep in mind this was back in 1997 and not today, so besides being friends with Shawn why did Hunter get a say in things like that?
It's hard to tell if it was either, Michaels bringing in a friend in Hunter, Vince appreciating Hunter the same way he did with HBK or .. I don't know when Hunter started dating Stephanie, so that is another thing to consider.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's hard to tell if it was either, Michaels bringing in a friend in Hunter, Vince appreciating Hunter the same way he did with HBK or .. I don't know when Hunter started dating Stephanie, so that is another thing to consider.
He started dating Stephanie in 2000 or whenever they had their on screen marriage storyline.

Still either way in 1997 I found it very hypocritical for him to complain about Bret not willing to do a job and do what's best for business, which is weird to say since that's what he said during the authority storyline, knowing that Shawn refused to do the same thing for Bret earlier in 1997.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad