Prospect Info: Michael McNiven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Maybe Habs could trade one of their goalies to Philadelphia for one of their centermen.... Both teams have hard time finding what the other team has in abundance, since years.

McNiven + Habs 1st for Philly 1st pick (2nd overall) would be sweat... Patrick or Hischier would be ours.

Philadelphia have Stolarz, Lyon, Sandstrom and Hart... They have absolutely no need for Lindgren/McNiven/Fucale.

Also, McNiven+1st would give us a late teens pick at best, not 2OV...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
With Lindgren and McNiven in the pipeline, I hope MB will take his time before giving the bank to Price for 8 more seasons.

Lindgren has played 3 NHL games and McNiven hasn't even played any professional hockey yet, sign Price for however long and then figure out what to do later if one of young guys actually shows they can be a #1 goalie in the NHL.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
We should definitely keep him in our system. Kid seems legit and we never know how many goaltenders we need. Theodore got traded and we had Huet coming in, Halak in the prospect pool and just drafted Price on top of that. McNiven and Lindgren are good goaltender prospects.

That should shift our focus towards getting better center prospects now. Keep McNiven.

Jul 6, 2016

What is so hard to understand ?

Where are the three Vezina finalists right now ? They are golfing, fishing or gardening at home.

Did you know Matt Murray before last season ? A guy fresh out the AHL who won a Cup for Pittsburg.

Yes. It is a huge gamble to sign Price long term with injuries history.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Where are the three Vezina finalists right now ? They are golfing, fishing or gardening at home.

Did you know Matt Murray before last season ? A guy fresh out the AHL who won a Cup for Pittsburg.

So trade Price? Lindgren all the way?

The scenario you are giving me is the exception to the norm. For every Matt Murray story there are 25 Matthieu Garon ones.

Hey, I like their potentials, maybe 5yrs down the road they could be his possible replacement....but right now?

Jul 6, 2016
So trade Price? Lindgren all the way?

The scenario you are giving me is the exception to the norm. For every Matt Murray story there are 25 Matthieu Garon ones.

Hey, I like their potentials, maybe 5yrs down the road they could be his possible replacement....but right now?

I am not saying they arecready, but Lindgren is darn close. And in the meantime, Habs could sign a UFA goalie or trade Price for a much needed center + a good goalie.

Just an example: Price to the Sharks for Couture and Jones.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I am not saying they arecready, but Lindgren is darn close. And in the meantime, Habs could sign a UFA goalie or trade Price for a much needed center + a good goalie.

Just an example: Price to the Sharks for Couture and Jones.
Lindgren will be waiver eligible in 2019-20 and RFA this year.
Same with Fucale.

At the same time Montoya contract will end in 2019.

McNiven is waiver eligible in 2022-23.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

And its not a gamble not re-signing him long-term and hoping one of two undrafted goalies turn into a #1 goalie?

Murray was dominant in the AHL before coming to the NHL last season, a 20 year old who put up a 1.58 GAA and .941 save percentage in his first professional year. Lindgren or McNiven haven't shown anything near as impressive as that, both have looked like solid signings but who knows how they'll turn out.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

The MVP isn't playing right now either so Edmonton should look to move him

Jul 6, 2016
The MVP isn't playing right now either so Edmonton should look to move him

He played one more series than our superstar and would had gone in iits Conference Finals if referees would had not given that series to Anaheim.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Pens never traded Fleury before Murray actually proved himself. And even then, they kept them both.

Galahad1985

May 9, 2017
Quebec City
State of the Mtl Canadiens goalies:

Let's be honest Bergevin and Molson do not have the balls to go through a rebuilt so trading the face of the the franchise is not an option for them. If Price decides to walk away next summer so be it but i can still see him sticking around and sign for 8 more years.

Montoya has 2 more years on his contract. He'll definitely play the next one in MTL, not sure about the 2nd.

Lindgren will play next season in Laval, first call up in case of injuries. Whether he replace Montoya or not in the 18-19 season or gets a last season in the AHL we'll need to wait to see. He will definitely replace Montoya in 19-20 as Price's back up

McNiven will probably play a last season in junior at 20y old (not sure of the restriction for 20y old and the AHL), maybe play for Team Canada. In the 18-19 season he'll make the jump to the AHL either as Lindgren's back up or #1 if Lindgren goes to back up Price. He'll play at least a 2nd season in the AHL in 19-20.

So i don't see a pair of Lingren/McNiven at least until the season 20-21 but the most likely scenario is that one of them gets traded if nothing happens to Price until then.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
With Lindgren and McNiven in the pipeline, I hope MB will take his time before giving the bank to Price for 8 more seasons.

Bergevin has made his decision, he's going to stick with Price. I would have rather traded Price for a top six forward (first liner?) and done what Dallas did and gotten Ben Bishop for a FREAKIN FOURTH ROUND PICK and then signed him to a cap hit of 4.9 million per season.

Would the Leafs have given up Kadri or Kadri and JVR for Price or Price and Beaulieu?

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Would the Leafs have given up Kadri or Kadri and JVR for Price or Price and Beaulieu?

Umm...yes...I think the Leafs would 10/10. Look at it this way. The Leafs are missing only in one area. D. Price alone would upgrade their D and they have the assets to acquire a #2 C. Knowing their GM, they could probably get another top 4 D in any case which, with the inclusion of Price would make their team a helluva lot harder to play against.
Now this assumes they are okay cap wise. If not, that's another story.

Jul 6, 2016
State of the Mtl Canadiens goalies:

Let's be honest Bergevin and Molson do not have the balls to go through a rebuilt so trading the face of the the franchise is not an option for them. If Price decides to walk away next summer so be it but i can still see him sticking around and sign for 8 more years.

Montoya has 2 more years on his contract. He'll definitely play the next one in MTL, not sure about the 2nd.

Lindgren will play next season in Laval, first call up in case of injuries. Whether he replace Montoya or not in the 18-19 season or gets a last season in the AHL we'll need to wait to see. He will definitely replace Montoya in 19-20 as Price's back up

McNiven will probably play a last season in junior at 20y old (not sure of the restriction for 20y old and the AHL), maybe play for Team Canada. In the 18-19 season he'll make the jump to the AHL either as Lindgren's back up or #1 if Lindgren goes to back up Price. He'll play at least a 2nd season in the AHL in 19-20.

So i don't see a pair of Lingren/McNiven at least until the season 20-21 but the most likely scenario is that one of them gets traded if nothing happens to Price until then.

They traded a good part of it last Summer.

Jul 6, 2016
Umm...yes...I think the Leafs would 10/10. Look at it this way. The Leafs are missing only in one area. D. Price alone would upgrade their D and they have the assets to acquire a #2 C. Knowing their GM, they could probably get another top 4 D in any case which, with the inclusion of Price would make their team a helluva lot harder to play against.
Now this assumes they are okay cap wise. If not, that's another story.

Babcock would be jumping all over the place if he would have Price in goal and Weber on his D !

Can we get Marner and Nylander for them ?

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bergevin has made his decision, he's going to stick with Price. I would have rather traded Price for a top six forward (first liner?) and done what Dallas did and gotten Ben Bishop for a FREAKIN FOURTH ROUND PICK and then signed him to a cap hit of 4.9 million per season.

Price for Kadri and jvr :shakehead

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Babcock would be jumping all over the place if he would have Price in goal and Weber on his D !

Can we get Marner and Nylander for them ?

Mmmm no way would Toronto give you both for an overaged defence man and a 29 year old goalie lol

Marner is their star player like Mathews

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If we can get a legit 1st center for Price, I'm all for it. We can just sign Budaj and hope he does the job like he did with the Kings last season while waiting for McNiven to develop and hopefully become a 1st goalie.

But there's no way MB will trade Price. Price is the reason why this team is a playoffs team. Price has been saving MT season for all those time and MB.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There was never any doubt that McNiven would turn pro, he was the CHL goalie of the year, no way would they send him back to the CHL as an overager imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->