Prospect Info: Michael McNiven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I keep saying that it was worth it for quite some time now! Good job Habs! This kid will be fun to work with!!!

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Where does he rank with Price, Tokarski, Condon, Pasquale and Fucale?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Wrong like hell

You need Fucale to play games. He'd be a back-up at best in the AHL as there's little to no chance for him to overtake Condon's starter role.

Plus, to be honest, Fucale probably isn't even starter quality in the AHL at this stage.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm starting to believe that Habs brass are reading HF. The amount of moves that have been petitioned here this summer that actually happened is impressive. Semin, Galchenyuk at centre, DD on third, this, PP and PK coaches... I'm weary.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Wrong like hell

What's wrong with Fucale being in the ECHL?

I'd prefer having him as the clear cut number one goalie in the ECHL than having him as Condon's back up in the AHL playing 20 games or so

Condon played an entire year in the ECHL, doesn't seem like it hurt him

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Good! He was impressive at the rookie tournament.

Agree. He only 18 so it like we got another draft choice from this year draft.:handclap:
Quote from Michael

1. Which NHL goalies do you study closely?

"Jonathan Quick and Carey Price. I wish I could mix up a bit of both of them, but they are totally different styles of playing. I'm probably say I'm more in the style of Jonathan Quick. I'm very athletic and I battle hard. I don't really have much structure to my game, like Carey Price does. It would be nice to have each in me."

He might get his wish

Last edited:

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
I'm starting to believe that Habs brass are reading HF. The amount of moves that have been petitioned here this summer that actually happened is impressive. Semin, Galchenyuk at centre, DD on third, this, PP and PK coaches... I'm weary.

THIS JUST IN: Deharnais literally just traded for a bag of pucks!

:sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good move, it gives us more depth and doesn't cost us anything as his contract will slid for this season and next since he won't be on the NHL roster. So after the next 2 seasons he could turn pro either in the ECHL or as Fucale's backup in the AHL. Plus it gives them time to evaluate Hawkey in the NCAA for longer, if they want as they could keep him there for the full 4 years if need be while still having good depth.

Management has done a very good job of turning around what was a clear organizational weakness, the lack of goaltending depth, into a clear strength. :handclap:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sorry but it's gotta be asked.. Does he even have any chance at all at making Team Canada at the WJC? At least he adds someone eligible to be picked, maybe the 2017 one if he progresses. But hey I've barely seen him play just talking out of my ass

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry but it's gotta be asked.. Does he even have any chance at all at making Team Canada at the WJC? At least he adds someone eligible to be picked, maybe the 2017 one if he progresses. But hey I've barely seen him play just talking out of my ass

he wasn't invited to the summer camp, so he would need some kind of season in the OHL to get invited to the winter camp. Team Canada only invited 3 goalies to the summer camp, all '96 born. With a good season though he could put his name on the map to get invited next summer.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good signing. He's showed enough potential to be worth a deal and goalies are such a crap shot development wise that it's a good idea to have multiple options .

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Who was the last draft eligible guy we signed in the signing period before they become ineligible again? Lefebust?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

He was invited this summer to Team Canada Program of Excellence goaltending camp(along with Blackwood,McDonald and Montembeault)

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2015-poe-34-to-attend-goalie-camp

So he is on Team Canada radar which is great news. Maybe not for this year WJC but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->