Michael Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
Grabner caught my eye at the prospects game,
and I didn't hear his name again until last night
when he scored 3 for Spokane against Tri-City.

I had a look at his game-by-game stats,
and he's really picked up the pace.

Is his stock rising?
I've seen him ranked as a late second rounder,
but 20 goals now in 48 games, including 7 in his last 7,
might be helping him.

I'm in the East, so I don't get to see him.

Comments?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes--he looked good in the Prospects game --so did his cenre in that game Codey Burki who was the best player in the Top Prsopects game--but Burki doesn't seemed to have continued to pick it up as much as Grabner since....so while I wondered if Burki was responsible for making Grabner look good in that game or vice versa,it might just be the latter case --but I too am in the east and we don't see either of them play in WHL games...

What I do recall about Grabner aside from his good shot and scoring in the Top Prospects Game--was that even when not attacking ,he looked very good defensively in closing on opposition puck carriers and taking pucks away...looks very good all round to me.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
hawksfan50 said:
Yes--he looked good in the Prospects game --so did his cenre in that game Codey Burki who was the best player in the Top Prsopects game--but Burki doesn't seemed to have continued to pick it up as much as Grabner since....so while I wondered if Burki was responsible for making Grabner look good in that game or vice versa,it might just be the latter case --but I too am in the east and we don't see either of them play in WHL games...

What I do recall about Grabner aside from his good shot and scoring in the Top Prospects Game--was that even when not attacking ,he looked very good defensively in closing on opposition puck carriers and taking pucks away...looks very good all round to me.
I have seen him play at the WJC U18 when he was still in Austria. I don't think he will ever be a great scorer, but he seemed to be on track to become a very good overall hockey player, good skills, skating, willingness to backcheck and a big heart. If he can further develop those strengths he might be a fine nhl player one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad