Speculation: Michael Frolik?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Saw this on the main Trade Rumors page and wondered what you all thought?

“Micheal Frolik will likely not be on the team next season. Expect a trade at the draft or during free agency.
I suspect he’ll be dealt to Ottawa, Montreal or Detroit as he will likely play top minutes there and those teams have lots of cap space." - Dreger on TSN

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If that's the case fine by me. I was thinking he was saying we'd acquire and extend him.

I think he was implying we could take on his 4-5 million contract for a year. Although I can’t see him “playing top minutes”

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It'd make sense, especially if the Wings decide to take it slow with Zadina and Rasmussen at least starting the year in GR.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I'm pretty sure that Flanes fans are expecting to get an asset in return for, something like a 2nd+3rd. I don't believe they would think he should be treated as a cap dump.

That being said, I would definitely take him on for a late pick as I think he could be moved for a 2nd come the deadline.

Reactions: Zetterbeer

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Why would we trade for this guy and not Jacob Trouba? So we can flip him at the deadline? Little bit of wind outta my sail on this one. Just scratching my head and thinking... Why? We need a top pairing defender more than anything. Why trade for this?

Reactions: Gniwder

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Why would we trade for this guy and not Jacob Trouba? So we can flip him at the deadline? Little bit of wind outta my sail on this one. Just scratching my head and thinking... Why? We need a top pairing defender more than anything. Why trade for this?

My hunch is that Yzerman knows this is the best time to weaponize his cap space for more assets. This season will probably be about playing out the string.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad