Michael Forney

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
he has only played 16 games this season, and only 5 in the second half of the season. he battled with injury the beginning of the year, and he only had 2 points in those 16 games. there isnt any way i see him going in the first round.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
he has only played 16 games this season, and only 5 in the second half of the season. he battled with injury the beginning of the year, and he only had 2 points in those 16 games. there isnt any way i see him going in the first round.

He's already been drafted (by Atlanta).

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
He's already been drafted (by Atlanta).

thats true he was. i forgot about that. i was just going off of what SchwenningerWildWing was saying.

in that case, then he has not lived up to his hype at all. he wont sign. they wont want him yet. he hasnt shown anything on college yet worth signing

azsioux

Jul 30, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
www.azsioux.com
he has battled injuries all season...has played a limited amount of games, more than liely will have surgery after season ends. so next year will be a fair time to judge him and see how he ends up with the sioux..i believe he has a history of different injuries so hope they stop...

nags

Sep 27, 2006
he has battled injuries all season...has played a limited amount of games, more than liely will have surgery after season ends. so next year will be a fair time to judge him and see how he ends up with the sioux..i believe he has a history of different injuries so hope they stop...

He'll have another summer off due to surgery where he won't get any stronger. I think his lack of strength and his skating are his biggest problems right now.

Probably should have played a year of juniors as a minimum. The WCHA was just too big a jump for him. He has a long way to go before he matures physically and fills up his frame. I wouldn't right him off just yet since he will eventually be a pretty big boy but his skating has to improve.

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
He would have probably been better served playing junior hockey, especially with the injury last summer. He wasn't able to contribute much for UND this year. He needs some time to develop. In a couple years, he could turn into a nice player.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
thats true he was. i forgot about that. i was just going off of what SchwenningerWildWing was saying.

in that case, then he has not lived up to his hype at all. he wont sign. they wont want him yet. he hasnt shown anything on college yet worth signing

He's a freaking first year player who had a ton of injuries. Give the guy another few years. Sheesh.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I WOULD give him a break, if he wasn't playing for one of the country's most dominant teams, with some of he best players in the nation (Oshie, Duncan, Toews). look at our freshmen last year. they dominated, and now, as sophomores, are still dominating. maybe we got spoiled with Duncan, Oshie, and Toews, but Forney was supposed to be as great as Toews. Sure he started the season with an injury, and had one earlier in the season, but when he hasnt been playing, he has spent most of that time as a healthy scratch. not to say he doesnt have potential to break out next year, or even at the end of this year. look at Rylan Kaip last year: kid had no goals in the regular season, and had 2 in the NCAA playoffs. Vande Velde was the same this year. so you never know. all i know is, whatever the reason/excuse, he isnt playing up to how he was expected to. how many draft picks do YOU know of in the U.S. or Canada that are serving as healthy scratches for their teams? probably not many. and trust me, Hakstol knows whether to play him or not. this is the time of the year that Hak is best.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

Apr 26, 2007
Forney was a good HS player. He didn't contribute much to the Sioux this year because of his shoulder injury. I don't think he'll get much playing time next year either because of so many returning players. But we'll see. I don't mind him sticking around, he's a cutie!! :D

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Forney was a good HS player. He didn't contribute much to the Sioux this year because of his shoulder injury. I don't think he'll get much playing time next year either because of so many returning players. But we'll see. I don't mind him sticking around, he's a cutie!! :D

Puckbunny...:D

Forney got boosted from the State tourney his Sr year for an injury too, so that's two years in a row. In retrospect, he should've spent a year in Juniors. I think the UND coaching staff was reaching just a little bit and thinking Forney would be another Oshie with the Section 8 tie and all. There's no doubt he's a 4 year player.

nags

Sep 27, 2006

I agree, the statement that Forney was going to be another Toews is a bit much. A 1st pick overall in the WHL draft compared to a Minnesota HS hockey player is a bit of a stretch. Anybody that thinks Forney will ever be as good as Toews just hasn't followed these guys closely enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->