Player Discussion Michael Del Zotto

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The eye test on Del Zotto has been pretty good so far and he looks like a solid 2nd pairing and a good signing.

That said, pucks have been flying into our net when he's on the ice. Probably just bad luck, but worth watching ...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So far so good. I can't complain about what I've seen, but I'm not about to give the guy a letter yet. -4 is troubling, but our team went from exciting to watch to hot garbage the last few games. I wanted a competent third pairing guy, and I feel we got more then that. If he keeps his play up, the results will come, and he's a welcome addition.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Actually had very low expectations for most of the UFA's that Jimbo threw money at in the off-season, but a few of them haven't been all that bad so far.....Del Zotto probably the best of the bunch; but so far Vanek has been decent and Burmistrov has been serviceable in a depth forward role, while the grade is incomplete for Nillson because he hasn't played yet.

The only outright busts so far have been Weircioch (in the minors) and Gagner who's delivered zlich on the pp and is a meh five-on-five player.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Played a terrific game last night.

You wish you could switch his and Gagner's contracts - would much rather have Del Zotto for 3 years and Gagner for 2 than vice versa.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
It looks like he is our #1 LD for the next 4-6 weeks. Probably making a case to stay there even after Edler recovers...

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Actually had very low expectations for most of the UFA's that Jimbo threw money at in the off-season, but a few of them haven't been all that bad so far.....Del Zotto probably the best of the bunch; but so far Vanek has been decent and Burmistrov has been serviceable in a depth forward role, while the grade is incomplete for Nillson because he hasn't played yet.

The only outright busts so far have been Weircioch (in the minors) and Gagner who's delivered zlich on the pp and is a meh five-on-five player.

Prophetic post!

Against Ottawa,, Vanek, Burmistrov, and Nillson were all fantastic. And MDZ continues to be a great signing. I like the physical edge he plays with too.

Vanek with one of the best Canuck goals in recent memory, love this player :)

Reactions: AlexEdler23

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Del Zotto got off to a decent start, just like the team....but wheels fell off the wagon in the second half.....ended the season with one of the worst five-on-five Corsi ratings and shot differentials in the entire league....also among the league laggards in plus-minus. With all the injuries Green was forced to move him up in the lineup and overplay him.

I suppose we should have been warned. Flyers tried to trade him at last year's deadline as an impending UFA without a single taker...nobody even offering up a 6th-7th rounder. Still, that didn't stop Jimbo from offering up a two-year contract. Now he's blocking the progress of other prospect d-men. Maybe Jimbo can do something the Flyers couldn't this offseason.

Reactions: Peter10

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Del Zotto got off to a decent start, just like the team....but wheels fell off the wagon in the second half.....ended the season with one of the worst five-on-five Corsi ratings and shot differentials in the entire league....also among the league laggards in plus-minus. With all the injuries Green was forced to move him up in the lineup and overplay him.

I suppose we should have been warned. Flyers tried to trade him at last year's deadline as an impending UFA without a single taker...nobody even offering up a 6th-7th rounder. Still, that didn't stop Jimbo from offering up a two-year contract. Now he's blocking the progress of other prospect d-men. Maybe Jimbo can do something the Flyers couldn't this offseason.
Well, he's not really blocking the progress of prospect dmen because we really haven't got any. Juolevi will be on the team to start next season unless he's in prison or a body cast, and there's nobody else even close to NHL ready in our system aside from the cast of characters on the team this last season.

Reactions: Hit the post

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Well, he's not really blocking the progress of prospect dmen because we really haven't got any. Juolevi will be on the team to start next season unless he's in prison or a body cast, and there's nobody else even close to NHL ready in our system aside from the cast of characters on the team this last season.
Canucks have Juolevi, Hutton, Edler and Pouliot on the left side, with Sautner and Brisebois auditioning in the wings.....And on a team in the midst of a legitimate 'rebuild', Del Zotto should be playing behind off of 'em.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Canucks have Juolevi, Hutton, Edler and Pouliot on the left side, with Sautner and Brisebois auditioning in the wings.....And on a team in the midst of a legitimate 'rebuild', Del Zotto should be playing behind off of 'em.
Pouliot sucks, Hutton's the coach's whipping boy, Edler's the only good dman in that list, and like I said Juolevi will be playing on the team next season. Brisbois is nowhere near a good AHL dman let alone a good NHL dman, leaving Sautner as the only possible blockee. We'll be okay.

Reactions: Hit the post

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->