Recalled/Assigned: Michael Chaput

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hmm I didn't keep track of our forwards, did someone get injured besides Edler?

Or will Chaput be put on pp1 unit o_O

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
We need a center if Sutter is sick....all positions are not interchangeable.

Bo, Henrik, Granlund and Burmistrov play center fairly regularly and Gagner can play center-perhaps better than he's been playing on the wing so far this season. I'd rather have seen them call up Rodin or Megna, park him in the pressbox or perhaps let him in for some time on the 4th line if necessary while the Comets keep their only healthy experienced good AHL center.

In view of the excess of vets in Utica it made sense to call up a vet rather than a kid. That's not to give management a pass-just that my complaint is that they stumbled into the overabundance of vets in Utica rather than, that problem being in existence, that they didn't make it worse by calling up a kid now. I was among those that posted that the Vanek signing was awful-not because of Vanek's current ability but because it made no sense given the players already on the rosters of the Canucks and Comets.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!...this is starting to take the form of the tire-fire in March of last season....I'm sensing another long road losing streak which could bury us by December 1st....if Chaput is on the way up, can Jayson Megna be far behind?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Wow!...this is starting to take the form of the tire-fire in March of last season....I'm sensing another long road losing streak which could bury us by December 1st....if Chaput is on the way up, can Jayson Megna be far behind?

They've actually been standing on each others' shoulders with a really long Chaput sweater on. Everyone thought it was kind of silly, but just sort of dismissed it rather than give them attention. Benning saw a clip from practice, though, and got excited about bringing up a tall guy.

So Utica probably has like one centre now, huh?

Reactions: Nucker101

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009

So I'm not the only one thinking this is inevitable. The #freegoldy will be trending again.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Looks like we will need at least 2 or 3 injuries to our forwards to see Goldobin this year. Very disappointing considering what we gave up to get him. This team continues to do everything in its power to make it harder and harder to tune into games. The only reason to tune in these days is to catch a few minutes of Boeser/Horvat/Virtanen and watch the other teams far more entertaining players.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The Kurtenbloggers called this earlier today during a segment with Kuzma. They said it'd be either Megna or Chaput because Green views Eriksson as a super important PKer and wants someone to fill in that role.

I would not be surprised at all if Chaput gets in the lineup over someone to help with PK duty.

It's more damning to Eriksson that they don't even have to reference replacing his offense.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks are about to endure a month long whuppin'. Look at the schedule. It would be like dragging Goldobin out into the parking lot and doing something Putinesque.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hmm I didn't keep track of our forwards, did someone get injured besides Edler?

Or will Chaput be put on pp1 unit o_O

Eriksson got hurt

Anyone else find it hilarious/sad that Sutter had a good game last game and now all of a sudden hes sick. Its like hes allergic to quality hockey :laugh:

Reactions: Nucker101

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
canucks-send-a-message.gif

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
This call up actually makes sense for quite a few reasons.

#1 Its likely whoever called up isn't going to play unless someone else gets hurt or Sutter couldn't go today (he played but Chaput was probably insurance)

#2 Boucher/Goldobin are both developing great chemistry and breaking them up right now probably doesn't make a lot of sense

#3 Rodin only played 1 game (out of 4) so he likely is a bit rusty, Archibald doesn't have a NHL contract, Megna is another option but Chaput has played better in Utica

#4 Utica has too many vets, if we call up Goldobin/Boucher/non-vet, you'll probably see Comets fan in the forum complaining... since the person who called up isn't likely to play, again it makes sense to call up a vet

#5 Center depth... Chaput is the best C in Utica right now (not counting Bancks who is off to a great start but doesn't have a NHL contract and until this year, i'm not sure he played C).

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Bo, Henrik, Granlund and Burmistrov play center fairly regularly and Gagner can play center-perhaps better than he's been playing on the wing so far this season. I'd rather have seen them call up Rodin or Megna, park him in the pressbox or perhaps let him in for some time on the 4th line if necessary while the Comets keep their only healthy experienced good AHL center.

In view of the excess of vets in Utica it made sense to call up a vet rather than a kid. That's not to give management a pass-just that my complaint is that they stumbled into the overabundance of vets in Utica rather than, that problem being in existence, that they didn't make it worse by calling up a kid now. I was among those that posted that the Vanek signing was awful-not because of Vanek's current ability but because it made no sense given the players already on the rosters of the Canucks and Comets.

There always lot of injuries. When someone gets hurt do you want Megna called up or Goldobin? Without Vanek, Goldobin makes the team. Someone get hurt you might be bringing up Megna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad