Recalled/Assigned: Michael Chaput

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Should have been Goldobin. I'm not sure what the point is of keeping him down there, he's proved he can score at the AHL level. Need to start getting him some actual NHL experience or we threw a great player in Hansen away for nothing (which I suspect we did but still holding out a shred of hope we end up with something from that trade).

May 31, 2006
Nothing wrong with this, since our forwards' two-way ability is one of the team's many weaknesses. Chaput is defensively sound and forechecks well.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Honestly fine with this. Chaput can play 4th line mins if needed + PK, and I'd rather have him sitting in the pressbox over Goldy. Let Goldobin keep playing well in Utica, and reward him with a top9+PP opportunity when he's called up. No need to get crazy here (unless Chaput plays >10mins in a game :D )

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
This is beyond stupid what was the point of trading Hansen for Goldy if we aint gonna be playing Goldy when he clearly deserves the chance. Seriously Chaput does anyone remember the 2016-17 season??? :rant:

member 105785

This is beyond stupid what was the point of trading Hansen for Goldy if we aint gonna be playing Goldy when he clearly deserves the chance. Seriously Chaput does anyone remember the 2016-17 season??? :rant:

Why call up Goldobin when one of him, Virtanen or Boeser are going to be sitting in the press box? Calling up Chaput alleviates the jam at forward while allowing all three of them to continue getting regular ice time, one of them albeit at the AHL level, it's better than NHL press box duty.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Meh.

I like Chaput and think he's a good 4th liner. So can understand the callup. However, when you look at the lineup as a whole in the bigger picture, what actually needed to happen was Dorsett being shifted to the 4th line and Goldobin called up and inserted on a scoring line.

Reactions: vancityluongo

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
given the veteran logjam in utica it is fairly logical for them to call up a veteran status ahl guy to ride the pine here.

now if they dress chaput in favour of virtanen or boeser, i think the sky may actually fall in here.

member 290103

It's like the organization sits around and tries to think of different new ways to aggravate its fanbase and then acts on all of them.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008

We need a center if Sutter is sick....all positions are not interchangeable.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So we need a center, I bet Sutter being sick and Eriksson getting his bell wrung last game both factor into this, and most likely we will he will be on the bottom line to replace one of them, while Boeser/Virtanen move up in the line up.

As per the fire Green comment in the OP, he might have a say in the matter, but he doesn't actually make the final call, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->