Meszaros or Coliacovo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
It's really hard to compare them because Carlo is 2 or 3 years older. But the GM in Ottawa said that Mezsaros was almost ready to play in the NHL if he was not already ready to go.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Habsfan 32 said:
It's really hard to compare them because Carlo is 2 or 3 years older. But the GM in Ottawa said that Mezsaros was almost ready to play in the NHL if he was not already ready to go.

Meszaros didn't play as well in the second half of his season. He's definitely not NHL ready........

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Brule said:
Meszaros didn't play as well in the second half of his season. He's definitely not NHL ready........

That's probably because he had never played so many games in a season before. An adjustement is always needed for a Europeen player in his first year in NA and a drop in performance late in the year is normal if not expected.

That said, I can't tell you who between him and Coli will be the best NHLer because I've only seen Meszaros play twice.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
It's likely to early to say as many have suggested, but if I HAD to pick one now I'd say Coliacovo.

I caught 2 Giants home games while I was home over Christmas and was not overly impressed with Meszaros. For sure he has evident skills, most noticeably in his puck-poise and passing, but defensively he was not impressive. He also skates well for sure, but Coliacovo is a better skater AT THIS TIME and that's LIKELY to stay the same as Cola is a top-notch skater. Granted, though, Meszaros is younger and is adapting

Conversely, Cola has become very good defensively and has bulked up to allow him to be more physical, which he was very effectively in St. Johns this year. Add to that he has good offensive ability, projects to be a future PP qb and has good point shot and I've got to give the nod to Coliacovo at this time.

IMO their potential as defenceman is roughly equal, but I think Coliacovo will be better

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Meszaros. Colacaivo's upside seems to have plateaued. Decent, but not special. I'd roll the dice with the as-yet unknown, and hope to come up with something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->