Kings News: Mersch ! Called ! Up! By! Kings!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Uh oh, does this say anything about the Kopitar situation?

Mersch replaces Gaborik, not Kopitar. We had the extra roster spot anyway, so I don't think it says anything other than Kopi isn't playing vs. Nashville, which should be expected.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Just the spark the Kings need to get things moving in the right direction!!!!

Let's Score Some Goals!!!! Crash The NET!!!!

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I liked how Mersch was getting to the net seemingly in time with shots being taken, despite how little time he'd had with his linemates. If he takes a step forward anything like how King and Nolan did after their first dip back to the AHL, he'll be a very effective player as Sutter eases him in.

TradeMadeMeSignUp

Jan 6, 2016
I like Mersch and I think he'll be a permanent roster player next season but right now he's just another bottom 6. I don't get why Kempe who has the skillset to possibly replace Gaborik wouldn't be given a short stint.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I like Mersch and I think he'll be a permanent roster player next season but right now he's just another bottom 6. I don't get why Kempe who has the skillset to possibly replace Gaborik wouldn't be given a short stint.

Because he has not been effective the last two months in the AHL, why would he be more effective in the NHL?

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Read this topic without looking at the date and my first question was "What the hell is wrong with Kopi"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad