OT: Merry Christmas/Happy New Year 2016-17

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We've had one every year for a while now so I guess I'll keep it going....

I hope you all have a fantastic Holiday season. If you are traveling, please travel safely. Enjoy your friends, family, and new gifts.

And here's hoping 2017 is good to you all and the squad of stick-puckers we all cheer on.

:xsign: :han: :newyear:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I got a pretty sweet Hurricanes Hoodie. :thumbu: I also got some cool running gear.

Last edited:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
My daughter racked up, I think my wife dropped 600 on her, then my in laws dropped a bunch on her too.

Hoping our friends is having a daughter, we have a ton to give away lol.

Me and the wife just kind of bought ourselves something and said merry Christmas lol. I bought a gun and she got a 70" tv.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
My dad got me a home beer brewing starter kit. It's something that I've been thinking about getting into for a while and it was a total surprise. I'm super pumped.

Merry Christmas everybody!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Merry Christmas peeps!

The in-laws got our family of 4 tickets to the Edmonton game on Feb. 3rd. Even sprung for a hotel.

Wife surprised me with a Google Home. Highly recommended.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It's in the safe with all the others... It's a hobby, wanted to get into the long range game. Got a 6.5 creedmore Ruger Precision Rifle.

You'll shoot your eye out.

Merry Christmas peeps!

The in-laws got our family of 4 tickets to the Edmonton game on Feb. 3rd. Even sprung for a hotel.

Wife surprised me with a Google Home. Highly recommended.

My parents got my sisters and I each Google Homes. I've never been too intrigued by these or the Echo. Without a smart home, what value do they add?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
You'll shoot your eye out.

My parents got my sisters and I each Google Homes. I've never been too intrigued by these or the Echo. Without a smart home, what value do they add?

Depends on what you find valuable really. You have the power of Google search without touching a thing. Just like Google, you don't have to be overly specific to get an answer you want. For instance, you can ask the status of a specific flight just by giving the source and destination cities and the airline name. If you're a Google Play Music subscriber you ask to play just about any song, and/or radio station. If you have a Chromecast you can link app accounts and have it play on your TV.

The smart home features are very nice, but require spending additional money. However, if you decide to make the investment in say the Phillips Hue system, it's extremely easy to setup. Which means you can walk in your house and say "Ok Google, turn on kitchen lights" and done. To get all that functionality in a very well designed, and good looking, all in one speaker device for $129 is pretty damn cool.

Additionally, you can have it control smart plug and smart switch devices so that opens up a ton of opportunities.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wife and I bought a painting together for Christmas. Art is our thing so for years we've been buying artwork rather then trying to figure out what each other wants.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad