OT: Memories of Richard Peddie

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
You really must of gotten him mixed up with Tim Leiweke. I don't recall Richard Peddie doing anything competent, most of the success came after Richard Peddie left.

I was actually responding to a post about Leiweke.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I always got the sense that Peddie was a scummy person but when he threw JFJ under the bus it only confirmed it. Let's not kid ourselves, Peddie ran this team for years and had no idea what he was doing. He deserves plenty of the hate that everyone pointed towards JFJ, who was nothing but a puppet. People like Richard Peddie, through arrogance and past success that had nothing to do with running a sports franchise, thought they could make a championship team. People like Peddie are exactly the types we need out of sports. Arrogant, scapegoating and have an ego bigger than the ACC. It was disgusting and hilarious at the same time see Peddie mouth word-for-word the Fletcher press conference. Embarrassing. And you know he'd be the first guy to claim credit if/when the Leafs win a cup.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
He was an attention/camera seeking media whore who basically knew nothing about hockey. In every imaginable way he was the opposite of Shanahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad