Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yep I know ,which is why i said us...As you know i was pretty vocal about BM and came to his defense many a time ...Because i knew then it wasnt him pulling the strings

Yep, I remember.

I'm the same on Murray. In fact, we could use Bryan around these days to keep the lid on the can of crazy this organization has become. His best skill as a GM was giving credibility to the organization.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep, I remember.

I'm the same on Murray. In fact, we could use Bryan around these days to keep the lid on the can of crazy this organization has become. His best skill as a GM was giving credibility to the organization.
He tried so hard to make something out of nothing with this team,EM burned him out and used him up ...Him trying to make us a valid team with joke of a budget...Yeah karma will come hard to EM me thinks

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
#MelnykOut billboards slated for city streets starting March 19

DYMXsnkVMAAKca6.jpg:large

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if EM gets pissed off enough, if he would ban this guy from ever buying another ticket? Can he do that or as long as the guy is buying tickets who cares what he says or does, just keep spending your money on my product?

Not sure what this will accomplish really, it may influence a few fans but somehow I doubt it accomplishes much. I doubt EM sells anytime soon & will likely continue to sell off assets to reduce costs & hope to rebuild a winner with the prospects in a few yrs. Maybe when the new arena is ready, the team will also be in a position to make the playoffs & challenge for a cup run.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Well they need to join me at the whipping post in the basement, obviously. How dare they not be anything but overjoyed at these billboards. This guy did something! That means it was the right thing, and anyone who says otherwise can get whipped.

Line forms to the left. There's a door prize for loudest scream.

Oh brother...

Reactions: DrEasy

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m not defending Melnyk by any stretch, but if if I was him and someone put up billboards attacking me, I would ban the fool and anyone who publicly donated. It’s a private establishment. You don’t have a right to go to the CTC and watch hockey.

Reactions: aragorn

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I’m not defending Melnyk by any stretch, but if if I was him and someone put up billboards attacking me, I would ban the fool and anyone who publicly donated. It’s a private establishment. You don’t have a right to go to the CTC and watch hockey.

I wouldn't want to alienate any potential customers if I was him. Even if those customers are angry with him. He needs money.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Just wait until Eugene trades EK and kills the return by attaching Ryan's deal to save some $...

Billboards will be the least of Melnyk's problems.

#MELNYKOUT

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I feel you don't know the definition of "aiming" properly. Could i be correct?
To be fair, I was posting some material concerning what was actually said by another poster because I was interested, I never made the promise claim.

And also, that was the paper's wording. Not the guy's original statement, FWIW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Just wait until Eugene trades EK and kills the return by attaching Ryan's deal to save some $...

Billboards will be the least of Melnyk's problems.

#MELNYKOUT

LOL

I just re-read that "tweet" --> When has a team not shed payroll after not making the playoffs?

I can't wait until you all see what happens next year. The fans and Melnyk are scared!

Use your time on something positive. Nothing but negativity will amount from this. Nothing.

Last edited:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I can be more sarcastic, if you wanted.

I'm pretty good at making fun of myself/ having fun at my own expense. :laugh:

My reference to your statement was in reply to someone who made reference to your statement to me. It’s good to like yourself, to an extent.

Sorry to have brought in your dad in that story in the process. I’m sure he’s a good man.

I don’t feel sarcasm; but, sure, carry on.

7-4 tonight... what a game!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I wonder if EM gets pissed off enough, if he would ban this guy from ever buying another ticket? Can he do that or as long as the guy is buying tickets who cares what he says or does, just keep spending your money on my product?

Not sure what this will accomplish really, it may influence a few fans but somehow I doubt it accomplishes much. I doubt EM sells anytime soon & will likely continue to sell off assets to reduce costs & hope to rebuild a winner with the prospects in a few yrs. Maybe when the new arena is ready, the team will also be in a position to make the playoffs & challenge for a cup run.
Agreed.

I’m thinking it’s more of a statement.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Hypothetically speaking though, if 5,000 fans contributed to that billboard and were ticket holders, you think EM would prevent them from attending?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Hypothetically, you go after the ringleader.
The original post suggested the ring leader and all contributors.

Personally, I feel EM won’t care much one way or the other. He may have to make some type of public statement about it however, as the media will certainly seek out comments from the President.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hypothetically speaking though, if 5,000 fans contributed to that billboard and were ticket holders, you think EM would prevent them from attending?

I think STH would have a much more effective way of letting their feeling known to the Senators, IF they were in the "hate Melnyk" camp, via their ticket agent/contacts.

In reality only 429 people donated to the GFM Billboard thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->