Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Doesn't matter, the local media will cover it, and their message will get out to number of people in Ottawa.

Won't change anything, but people are free to express themselves, be they a minority or not.

lmao keep thinking that Eugene's kid.

Just like only a minority of people don't want Karlsson traded and the rest are on the side of the ownership and the organization. The rest is fakenews right.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And Eugene Melnyk is about to be embarrassed in a city where he thought he was god, I hope he cries.

Locations.

Contract signed!

We have finally secured locations and dates for the billboards. They are:

March 19 (two weeks)

Ogilvie Rd. near St-Laurent Blvd.
Hunt Club Rd. near Paul Benoit Dr.
Bank St. near Riverside
Carling Ave. near Preston St.

April 2 (one week)

Bank St. near Riverdale Ave.

Thanks to Josh at OUTFRONT Media for helping with the details.

I'm personally gonna try to take a pic of every one of them.

Preston and Carling, unreal ill be able to see it from my balcony.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What's the point of raging until we see how this plan unfolds? Other than having a look around and weighing options, I don't expect to see much change of any kind until the offseason.

We should play out the season, take our nice high draft pick, and get started the next day. Raging right now is such a waste, the momentum is completely gone in this Melnyk stuff because it was weak and petulant to begin with. We suck, he said some stupid things, and people freaked out and used the excuse to save money while venting. It is what it is, but eventually you have to dry the tears and move on.

He hired some folks to help him not be so stupid, sat down with PD, listened to his long term plan, liked it, and signed him to an extension. He has stepped out of the public eye to avoid stoking the fire, and it has predictably died off to zero interest and coverage outside of this board and perhaps Ottawa in general. He promised some positive changes coming in a letter and has since gone quiet again to avoid any issues.

This is likely the EM we will get from now on, and it is a very good thing.

The venting is done, there is nothing else to get upset about for the time being until we see how this organizational change fleshes out this summer. The only thing left is to sit back and watch the rest of the games, and stay buckled for what promises to be one heck of an offseason!

A good friend of mine who moved to Ottawa went to her first game against Calgary (a date), and she LOVED IT. Sent me a half dozen videos throughout the game of the atmosphere and was so pumped. She knows nothing about the ownership crap and couldn't care a lick. She wanted to see EK and some NHL hockey and had a great time. We really don't need a stadium of 16000 armchair GMs who think they know best, we just need people to remember that it's about enjoying watching Pageau on a breakaway.

The downtown arena will be such a boon, as there will no longer be that dreaded exit and drive after the game to worry about, and there will be a ton of walk up visitors who could care less about the behind the scenes drama, and just want to watch and cheer at an NHL game.

I get the owner hiding...but shouldn't the president explain in more detail what they plan on doing to improve?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Welcome to the internet, politics, and the mindset the world is moving towards. Sad, isn't it?
In reference to Bonk Static’s statement, my “stupid” mindset is that people watch other people take action on something a large pourcentage of fans agree upon, sit at home, read an online forum, keep complaining about the culprit and criticize the guy who took action.

In a simpler theory, it would be similar to someone offering to wash your car because you don’t feel like it, yet it really needs a wash. You sit by, watch the person do the job and complain the entire time and carry on about how you would do a better job.

The guy took action. Whether it’s to the likes of everyone or not, what he’s done is certainly not disastrous. If I’m going to sit idle, I find it pretty tough to be in a position to criticize.

My stupid two cents... peace out!

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
In reference to Bonk Static’s statement, my “stupid” mindset is that people watch other people take action on something a large pourcentage of fans agree upon, sit at home, read an online forum, keep complaining about the culprit and criticize the guy who took action.

In a simpler theory, it would be similar to asking someone to wash your car because you don’t feel like it, yet it really needs a wash. You sit by, watch the person do the job and complain the entire time and carry on about how you would do a better job.

The guy took action. Whether it’s to the likes of everyone or not, what he’s done is certainly not disastrous. If I’m going to sit idle, I find it pretty tough to be in a position to criticize.

haha thats a good analogy. Made me laugh.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Fully functional, emotionally stable adults with a healthy outlook on life don’t act out in petulant, hyper-negative attention seeking ways.

That statement can apply to both Melnyk and the billboard crowd.

But hey, it’s mildly entertaining and gives us something to discuss. I guess.

Reactions: BonkTastic

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Fully functional, emotionally stable adults with a healthy outlook on life don’t act out in petulant, hyper-negative attention seeking ways.

That statement can apply to both Melnyk and the billboard crowd.

But hey, it’s mildly entertaining and gives us something to discuss. I guess.

I dislike Melnyk big time, but I also couldn't care less about this billboard stuff. I guess its attention seeking, but I think the lack of season ticket renewals that are coming IMO are way more attention grabbing.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Showcasing displeasure with the way your favorite franchise is being run apparently makes you an attention whore. Another great analysis from HFBoards.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If anything is certain,the message is loud and clear ..Too bad it took so long to get out......BM might have had a much better public image around here if he hadnt tried so hard to keep this silent,and take all the flak for him .....

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
lmao keep thinking that Eugene's kid.

Just like only a minority of people don't want Karlsson traded and the rest are on the side of the ownership and the organization. The rest is fakenews right.

Which would be more effective and practical. Setting up billboards that state a small percentage of Ottawa Senator fans want Melnyk to sell the team, which he's stated numerous times that is not anything he contemplating ................. or a more representative (of Senator fans) billboard, stating he should extend Karlsson past next season?

You claim there is a minority of fans who don't want Karlsson traded, but I'll bet there are a 1000 fans who want him to remain a Senator, for every single fan who wants Melnyk to sell the team.

I suggest the better message to send (via billboard) is to keep Karlsson a Senator, rather than asking someone who will not sell his team, to sell it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The biggest issue with EM is his complete lack of vision past his own wealth...Us being a middling team for so long is completely because of him being unmoveable on budget..Him always making the move for playoff gate,has caught up to us ...Trading away picks or in most cases selling them,for a moderate upgrade here and there is the root cause..Also whenever the team resigns a player,and he doesnt preform ,or he gets injured...He needs to be replaced,but not at the cost of the future to save money all the time,is another way EM needs to start thinking....

In short the word "Budget"needs to be removed entirely for his vocabulary ,he has worn it out completely with most,fans and players in this town

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I get the owner hiding...but shouldn't the president explain in more detail what they plan on doing to improve?

I don't think so. I think that there are elements of the plan that need to be kept close until they are carried out. Things like trading, signing, hiring. Also, some specifics depend on what happens with EK.

I think we already got a pretty general idea of what direction we're going in, we just have to wait until the off season to see the ball start rolling.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Why are you attaching my name to this? I don't want my name anywhere close to whatever this is. This is yours - you can attach your name to it, leave mine out.

I'm still amazed that people are taking offence to some people who, despite having the same views about the team and want to see the exact same end goal, do something as simple as "see a flaw in a plan and point it out". Blows my mind. It's like an architect getting angry at someone pointing out that their planned office tower is unsafe because they've made an error in their math and overloaded critical weight-bearing points in the structure. Like, what do you want - the building to collapse and kill everyone inside, or do you just want to fix your math and get it right before breaking ground on construction? That's obviously an extreme example, but it's extreme only to point out how absurd the reaction is when taken to a logical extreme.

Here's a mindset for you: most of us all want the same goal, but most of us probably don't agree on how best to accomplish that. Some answers might be good ones, some bad ones. The first one put out might not necessarily be the best one, and simply pointing that fact out is not doing a disservice to the movement as a whole.

Also: it's "BonkTastic". Bonk Static was my father.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

In a simpler theory, it would be similar to someone offering to wash your car because you don’t feel like it, yet it really needs a wash. You sit by, watch the person do the job and complain the entire time and carry on about how you would do a better job.

To be fair, no one said it wasn't worth it.

Just that the guy behind this wasn't prepared.

I told a few people who didn't follow this much about where the billboards will be and they all had the same reaction: "well that's silly".

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I told a few people who didn't follow this much about where the billboards will be and they all had the same reaction: "well that's silly".

Well they need to join me at the whipping post in the basement, obviously. How dare they not be anything but overjoyed at these billboards. This guy did something! That means it was the right thing, and anyone who says otherwise can get whipped.

Line forms to the left. There's a door prize for loudest scream.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well they need to join me at the whipping post in the basement, obviously. How dare they not be anything but overjoyed at these billboards. This guy did something! That means it was the right thing, and anyone who says otherwise can get whipped.

Line forms to the left. There's a door prize for loudest scream.
Iam kinda so/so on the idea too.But one thing it did validate,was that fans now are starting to see what few of us saw early with our owner...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Iam kinda so/so on the idea too.But one thing it did validate,was that fans now are starting to see what few of us saw early with our owner...

Hey, I'm one of the original #MelnykOut-ers around here. I mean, I'm the one who wrote this post FOUR YEARS AGO. I get it, I'm on board.

I'll definitely be happy if this gains traction. I'm certainly not rooting against it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hey, I'm one of the original #MelnykOut-ers around here. I mean, I'm the one who wrote this post FOUR YEARS AGO. I get it, I'm on board.

I'll definitely be happy if this gains traction. I'm certainly not rooting against it.

Yep I know ,which is why i said us...As you know i was pretty vocal about BM and came to his defense many a time ...Because i knew then it wasnt him pulling the strings

Reactions: BonkTastic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad