Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
What, you've never gotten black-out drunk only to realize you started a poorly planed go fund me page that had already reached it's target by the time you reached for advil and an orange juice, and realized that it's too late to turn back now? really, just me eh? huh... I might have to rethink how I go about things....

Haha, hey, fair enough. The guy's spirit was certainly there, no one can debate that.

I'm just a big "details" guy. In the same way that I would never want an employee to submit a plan to me with these sorts of logistical oversights, it's the little things like this which catch my attention. That's all.

So, in conclusion, here are a list of things I like, in both hypothetical and real terms:
1) Eugene Melnyk not owning this hockey team
2) double checking that plans are well thought out, researched, and attainable before they go to funding
3) things that aren't billboards (though that's just a personal thing on my end - I find them tacky and ruin landscapes / cityscapes)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I saw a comment on an old Citizen article re: MelnykOut that suggested renting some cube van or advertising truck and parking them around the CTC.. could be a more effective use of the money than a billboard (although I guess a billboard makes for a better photo op, which in the end might be the most important thing re: media coverage).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I saw a comment on an old Citizen article re: MelnykOut that suggested renting some cube van or advertising truck and parking them around the CTC.. could be a more effective use of the money than a billboard (although I guess a billboard makes for a better photo op, which in the end might be the most important thing re: media coverage).

I wonder how much ink the press is going to give these.

I mean, the local sports media are already all afraid of being blackballed by the team. If we go based on precedence, then I doubt we hear much about it. Maybe a mention from Brennan, because he just writes whatever the **** he wants anyways. Maybe Mendes because he's the only actual professional journalist that works at the radio station.

I'm definitely curious. Could be seen as a turning point for media in this city, or it could just be more of the usual.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Haha, hey, fair enough. The guy's spirit was certainly there, no one can debate that.

I'm just a big "details" guy. In the same way that I would never want an employee to submit a plan to me with these sorts of logistical oversights, it's the little things like this which catch my attention. That's all.

So, in conclusion, here are a list of things I like, in both hypothetical and real terms:
1) Eugene Melnyk not owning this hockey team
2) double checking that plans are well thought out, researched, and attainable before they go to funding
3) things that aren't billboards (though that's just a personal thing on my end - I find them tacky and ruin landscapes / cityscapes)
Too bad it wasn’t you who took action.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
And Eugene Melnyk is about to be embarrassed in a city where he thought he was god, I hope he cries.

Locations.

Contract signed!

We have finally secured locations and dates for the billboards. They are:

March 19 (two weeks)

Ogilvie Rd. near St-Laurent Blvd.
Hunt Club Rd. near Paul Benoit Dr.
Bank St. near Riverside
Carling Ave. near Preston St.

April 2 (one week)

Bank St. near Riverdale Ave.

Thanks to Josh at OUTFRONT Media for helping with the details.

I'm personally gonna try to take a pic of every one of them.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Too bad it wasn’t you who took action.

You seem awfully defensive over this. Like there are only two sides, and if you are #MelnykOut then you have to like EVERY SINGLE THING ANYONE EVER SAYS OR DOES WHO IS ALSO #MELNYKOUT OR ELSE YOU ARE A TRAITOR TO THE CAUSE!

Screw that noise. I'm going to point out flaws in plans, regardless of whose side it's on. Melnyk's. This guy's. Yours. Mine. Micklebot's (especially his). If you propose a bad thing, be prepared to get called out on it. If I propose a bad thing, I fully expect to hear about it. Don't like it? Then do a better job at it. This whole "if you're not with me on literally everything I propose or expect you to agree with me on, then you're against me" mindset is stupid.

I'm just a guy pointing out what at the time of the campaign's start was a clear and obvious flaw in a plan. Jesus. Coming at me like "you couldn't do better"... yeah. Maybe I could have, because I might have put in more than half an hour of logistical research into the plan before getting to the financing stage? Or maybe I couldn't have done better because while my plan would have been better prepared, maybe the execution would have been off. Who knows. But I don't care enough about any of that to actually do it, and he does, so good for him. Glad he did something. What a swell guy. Let's all rally around the half-assed plan. Go team. Are you happy?

For eff's sakes. Chill out. Jeez.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
You seem awfully defensive over this. Like there are only two sides, and if you are #MelnykOut then you have to like EVERY SINGLE THING ANYONE EVER SAYS OR DOES WHO IS ALSO #MELNYKOUT OR ELSE YOU ARE A TRAITOR TO THE CAUSE!

Screw that noise. I'm going to point out flaws in plans, regardless of whose side it's on. Melnyk's. This guy's. Yours. Mine. Micklebot's (especially his). If you propose a bad thing, be prepared to get called out on it. If I propose a bad thing, I fully expect to hear about it. Don't like it? Then do a better job at it. This whole "if you're not with me on literally everything I propose or expect you to agree with me on, then you're against me" mindset is stupid.

I'm just a guy pointing out what at the time of the campaign's start was a clear and obvious flaw in a plan. Jesus. Coming at me like "you couldn't do better"... yeah. Maybe I could have, because I might have put in more than half an hour of logistical research into the plan before getting to the financing stage? Or maybe I couldn't have done better because while my plan would have been better prepared, maybe the execution would have been off. Who knows. But I don't care enough about any of that to actually do it, and he does, so good for him. Glad he did something. What a swell guy. Let's all rally around the half-assed plan. Go team. Are you happy?

For eff's sakes. Chill out. Jeez.
What is actually your definition of “defensive”? Or did you just describe it...?

Reactions: coladin

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Not going to respond to the post, just going to deflect?

OK then. I'm off to bed.

Have a good night, all.
There was no question to respond to or deflect from. In the meantime, you haven’t answered my question.

Have a goodnight... I hope it’s a relaxed one.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Way to go whoever did this. It's better than doing nothing. As they say:
"La critique est aisée, mais l'art est difficile"

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I tip my hat to the guy. He said he was going to put up a billboard, and it looks like it's going to happen. I still hate the thought of using gofundme though...I hate that thing. Too many scams and stupidity on that site for me to ever trust it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I've been watching a lot of Nathan for You and I get a lot of good viral ideas so you guys should make custom Melnyk urinal cakes and sneak them into the CTC bathrooms before intermission. People will post them on twitter and then Melnyk will sell the team to the sun circus people and Karlsson won't leave.

Nathan For You is an amazing show. That is all.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Did you read any part of the article at all. You know the part where Dundon said they are expanding the front office because Francis has too much on his plate. Did you think that was going to happen over night.

I actually can't believe Melnyk cheap out on all things but has someone on payrole to defend him on an internet message board.

No one is defending Melnyk, just a comparison made between the two Organizations, as they stand today and we fans can see what happens in Ottawa, and whether or not the Owner is making moves we can agree with.

I know that there are a number of "fans" on this site that will always disagree with anything that the Owner does, not matter what it is, as it's their default position.

Dorion could hire 20 new scouts, and you and other will argue that it's not enough, too many, wasn't done soon enough or whatever .......... you'll always see negativity in anything he does, and blame Melnyk.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
None of those are anywhere even close to the arena.

Doesn't matter, the local media will cover it, and their message will get out to number of people in Ottawa.

Won't change anything, but people are free to express themselves, be they a minority or not.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dorion could hire 20 new scouts, and you and other will argue that it's not enough, too many, wasn't done soon enough or whatever .......... you'll always see negativity in anything he does, and blame Melnyk.

Do you have proof of this, a source? a link? Until then, only speculation on your part.

Lets start by having Dorion hire ONE extra scout and see how people react. Pretty sure that hasn't happened yet since Euge's big fancy letter.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
This whole "if you're not with me on literally everything I propose or expect you to agree with me on, then you're against me" mindset is stupid.

Welcome to the internet, politics, and the mindset the world is moving towards. Sad, isn't it?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No one is defending Melnyk, just a comparison made between the two Organizations, as they stand today and we fans can see what happens in Ottawa, and whether or not the Owner is making moves we can agree with.

I know that there are a number of "fans" on this site that will always disagree with anything that the Owner does, not matter what it is, as it's their default position.

You just spew out garbage over and over. No I wouldnt say 20 scouts isnt enough thats what they should have. As well as an analytics department, a video replay team, assistant GM's/executive assistants with real NHL experience etc. You know like the other teams in the league the sens are trying to compete with. I shouldnt have to apologize for wanting the sens to be on a level playing field. Nor should I feel bad about criticiing the organization because its being run like a dollar store. Where you get off chirping us as paying customers because we are unhappy with this organization going into the tank is beyond me. The sens even have 4th round draft picks that would rather go to free agency than sign with this joke of an organization.

Ill bring it back to the original point, you made absolutely no sense in your previous post that I addressed. You completely ignored the article didnt read it and made a comparison that literally counteracted the exact discussion. Its very obvious and clear that you cant look at the situation objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad