Melnyk confident that a deal will be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2005/05/06/1028583.html

Senators owner Eugene Melnyk told the Sun yesterday that he's confident the NHL and NHLPA will have a collective bargaining agreement in place for the 2005-06 season to start on time in October.

In fact, Melnyk said Senators president Roy Mlakar has informed employees they will be back to five-day work weeks at full salary starting May 30, while many who have been laid off could be back by mid-July.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Perhaps someone can refresh my memory but didn't he say this before when they were scrambling in February?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No -- in fact, Melnyk has been one of the more prominent hard liners amongst the ownership group, so to hear him pipe up regarding a potential settlement was a pleasant surprise. There's no way Melnyk was budging from cost certainty, so there must be a reasonably attractive deal shaping up if he is sounding hopeful.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Egil said:
I don't think Melnyk did.
aside from the CBA talk... this is fantastic news regarding the silent victims of the lockout: Employees of the offices and venues.

Glad to see things going back to normal. :handclap:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
NHL already has what they wanted, a linkage deal with a salary cap. So now it's up to them to just get the best deal possible before say june 1st before making the deal.

I have absolutely no doubt that NHL will start in time next fall.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
As my fellow Sens fans will point out, Melnyk also promised that Ottawa would beat Toronto in that ill-fated game 7.

So he's been wrong before.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
HF2002 said:
As my fellow Sens fans will point out, Melnyk also promised that Ottawa would beat Toronto in that ill-fated game 7.

So he's been wrong before.

well he is no Mark Messier (was it) but he had a 50/50 chance of getting it right lol...
not to be outdone by Krusty and his guarenteeing everything lol..... :shakehead

Wetcoaster

ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Was it not Melnyk who claimed the NHL would be using replacement players as well next season?

Mind you it looks like he has other things to occupy his time with the expanding investigations by the US Securities and exchange Commission and the Ontario Securities Commission over accounting irregularities, insider trading and improper disclosure.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...y/LAC/20050506/RBIOVAIL06/TPBusiness/Canadian

An NHL owner accused of accounting irregularities - will wonders never cease.

Luongownage

Kassian? #epicfail
Jan 20, 2005
Terrace, BC
Unless it's Bettman saying that we have a new CBA, I believe no one.

He can talk about positive feelings all he wants, but as it stands right now I still see little reason to hope in this godforsaken lock out crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->