TSN: Mellanby linked to possible Las Vegas GM job?

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON
Appears one of the assistant GM's could be heading to Vegas. Or maybe not. But that's a rumour:

http://www.tsn.ca/las-vegas-owner-chimes-in-on-nhl-expansion-1.467587

So would be hiring hockey personnel. Former Philadelphia Flyer Murray Craven is serving as Foley’s hockey advisor, but Foley said he would not be the GM. Montreal Canadiens assistant GM Scott Mellanby, who was Craven’s teammate for parts of six seasons, has already been linked to the role.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Oh no, what ever shall we do without the assistant GM who had a hand in acquiring Murray, Bouillon, Armstrong, Parros, Drewiskie, and Scrivens.

Oh no, poor us.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Oh no, what ever shall we do without the assistant GM who had a hand in acquiring Murray, Bouillon, Armstrong, Parros, Drewiskie, and Scrivens.

Oh no, poor us.

Tragic day :cry:

tumblr_myosboDYaU1shr61qo1_1280.jpg

Kidding! Good radiance! Our pro scouting has been garbage.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Oh no, poor us.

He only became assistant GM after mid 2014. He wasn't really around in the that role for any of those moves apart from Scrivens I think.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He only became assistant GM after mid 2014. He wasn't really around in the that role for any of those moves apart from Scrivens I think.
He was here since day one though.

In 2014 they had acquired:
Tom Gilbert - bottom-pairing d-man
PA Parenteau - soft 3rd liner
Manny ****ing Malhotra - non NHLer
Jiri Sekac - non NHLer
Joey MacDonald - non NHLer
Mike Weaver - 6th dman at best

In 2015 they had acquired:
Jeff Petry - 2nd pairing d-man
Torrey Mitchell - good 4th liner
Brian Flynn - 4th liner
Gonchar - non-NHLer
Allen - non-NHLer

I can't go on anymore.

Mellanby is part of this crew, this Drain Trust.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Take him and the rest of our management group.

No compensation necessary.

This is addition through subtraction.

Just another bum ex NHLer who has no credentials for the position he's in other than he played with other people in powerful positions.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He was here since day one though.

In 2014 they had acquired:
Tom Gilbert - bottom-pairing d-man
PA Parenteau - soft 3rd liner
Manny ****ing Malhotra - non NHLer
Jiri Sekac - non NHLer
Joey MacDonald - non NHLer
Mike Weaver - 6th dman at best

In 2015 they had acquired:
Jeff Petry - 2nd pairing d-man
Torrey Mitchell - good 4th liner
Brian Flynn - 4th liner
Gonchar - non-NHLer
Allen - non-NHLer

I can't go on anymore.

Mellanby is part of this crew, this Drain Trust.

Tom Gilbert - bottom-pairing d-man (July 1, 2014)
PA Parenteau - soft 3rd liner (June 30, 2014)
Manny ****ing Malhotra - non NHLer (July 1, 2014)
Jiri Sekac - non NHLer (July 1, 2014)
Joey MacDonald - non NHLer (July 1, 2014)
Mike Weaver - 6th dman at best (March 4, 2014)

He became assistant GM July 30, 2014. Not to mention, MacDonald didn't play in the NHL and Mahotra was used as a fringe 4th liner and Weaver on 3rd pair. Sekac was a free prospect on a ELC.

I think you're better off blaming MB on his inability to acquire the missing top 6 forward(s) we need more so than Mellanby. The guy is pretty new to the job and wasn't around long enough to be judged.

On that note, I have no idea why anyone would want him as part of their management group. He may have a good reputation behind the scenes but I wouldn't think he's sought after with his low level of management experience.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He became assistant GM July 30, 2014. Not to mention, MacDonald didn't play in the NHL and Mahotra was used as a fringe 4th liner and Weaver on 3rd pair. Sekac was a free prospect on a ELC.

I think you're better off blaming MB on his inability to acquire the missing top 6 forward(s) we need more so than Mellanby. The guy is pretty new to the job and wasn't around long enough to be judged.

On that note, I have no idea why anyone would want him as part of their management group. He may have a good reputation behind the scenes but I wouldn't think he's sought after with his low level of management experience.
To be fair, I just went off a random list on EOTP.

Point is, he's been part of this Drain Trust since day one. And I cannot fathom why any organization would want to tap ANY of our moronic front office staff.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Would Montreal be owed any type of compensation (i.e. Draft pick/s) if Las Vegas signs him?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Good news, why not take Dudley and Lapointe with you? That would be better news.

Edit: Yeah Bergevin & Carrière too.. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad