Meeting Today in Toronto, anyone have updates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyRyall

Nov 2, 2004
I'm pretty much expecting the usual "good meeting, no progress" announcement, since now they have to come up with another definition of "progress" besides "agreeing to meet again" ...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
I'll be watching US/Canada instead of hitting my refresh button on HF to see updates. It's just getting so stupid. I'm sick of it. I'm just starting not to care. I don't even know why I still go to Business of Hockey. Wait, I guess that means I do care. This sucks.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Are you in the US, and if so, where are you watching it?

Like the rest of us in the US, on MediaZone I would suspect. Small price to pay when you're desperate for the game.

Ticks me off though that the World Championships were offered to US television for free, and still didn't get any takers. Sad times, to say the least.

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
cw7 said:
Like the rest of us in the US, on MediaZone I would suspect. Small price to pay when you're desperate for the game.

Ticks me off though that the World Championships were offered to US television for free, and still didn't get any takers. Sad times, to say the least.

What's the fee? Thanks.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
DARKSIDE said:
What's the fee? Thanks.

$40 for every game, or $5 per game. The $40 dollar option is by far the best.

Find one of the links around here to get you started. It's definitely worth $40 for the hockey fan.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Today was the first day that I forgot that a meeting was going to take place. And I really don't care anymore. Getting psyched to see the Jays vs White Sox tomorrow :handclap:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jeremy Jacobs will probably challenge Bob Goodenow to a Zell Miller style duel to settle things ;)

Wonder what they are having for lunch?Pizza was on the menu in New York :sarcasm:

Are Bob and Gary in the room together or are they firing off letters to each other? :)

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
RangerBoy said:
Wonder what they are having for lunch?Pizza was on the menu in New York :sarcasm:

Well, maybe we can get a new shot of Bettman slobbering over some Pizza. God knows they've been using the same scene on TSN/Sportsnet/The Score since last years playoffs at the ACC.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
I wouldn't expect to hear anything substantial about the meetings until they're done tomorrow, if there is anything substantial to report. can't imagine why either side would go to the press tonight when they know there's a meeting tomorrow... unless talks go so badly that they break off the meeting tomorrow.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
The only thing I expect is a "we started meeting at __ time and ended the meetings at ___. The meetings between us and the NHL/NHLPA will continue as scheduled tomorrow" type of statement.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
how about we tell tell the NHL and NHLPA that we will not go to any games until they have sorted out their silly CBA?

oh wait, we are already doing that. damn it .. anyone have a plan b?

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
jwr38 said:
how about we tell tell the NHL and NHLPA that we will not go to any games until they have sorted out their silly CBA?

oh wait, we are already doing that. damn it .. anyone have a plan b?
How about we tell them that we will not go to any games after they have sorted out their silly CBA?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Folks,

We all know that Eklund posts in his blog about the negotiations. We don't allow for discussions to include reference to what might and might not be included on Eklund's or any other blog.

Your assistance in this is appreciated.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NHL and NHLPA meet for three hours
Canadian Press
5/5/2005 5:03:38 PM

TORONTO - The two sides in the NHL labour dispute met for a little more than three hours Thursday.

The session started at 11:15 a.m. EDT and ended at 2:30 p.m.

The NHL and the NHL Players' Association are slated to resume talks Friday, again at an undisclosed location in Toronto.

Full Story : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=123957&hubName=nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->