Meeting today 6/14 (I'd ask for news, but you know..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
BobMckenzie said:
When there's something newsworthy to report, we'll report it. Until then, I'm working on 2005 TSN Draft Preview rankings. Looking forward to the day when I go directly to the Prospects board instead of the dreaded Business of Hockey section. Hmmm, what do you guys think, should Crosby be No. 1. :dunno: ;)

Aw c'mon.. be adventurous and break away from the pack.. why does everyone have to be the same.. jeeze

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
BobMckenzie said:
When there's something newsworthy to report, we'll report it. Until then, I'm working on 2005 TSN Draft Preview rankings. Looking forward to the day when I go directly to the Prospects board instead of the dreaded Business of Hockey section. Hmmm, what do you guys think, should Crosby be No. 1. :dunno: ;)

Yeah thats a tough one Bobby lol. I still think Crosby would look good in an Oilers uniform

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
FLYLine4LIFE said:
It is? Thats news to me.

I honestly think it is. It's a nothing game no hits no contact nothing. At least with baseball its meaningful. People like the All-Star game for its exciting moves and abilites from the players, but that's what the skills competion is for

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Crows said:
EWWWW GOODNow in Vancouver.

NOWS MY CHANCE

Legs cramping,

so cold, so cold in this tower

Rifle getting heavier...

Where is he?

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
FLYLine4LIFE said:
It is? Thats news to me.

Well, I guess somebody had to like them.

Personally, I think it resembles figure skating.

Joke game. Never sat through a whole one.

Although I hear that 11-8 game a couple years ago was really exciting, and somebody almost got bodychecked.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
chiavsfan said:
So Mr. Bob, how much do you think Dollar Bill would pay to have Crosby in a Hawks Uniform? Your probably right, not too much

I would think Bill Wirtz probably would gnash his teeth into..uh..a gnashed state at the thought of having to PAY for Sidney Crosby.

Chicago doesn't need Crosby, they need an owner who gives at least a semblence of a damn for the fans. Again, that's based on what I know about the Chicago franchise.

Any idea of what's going on at the meeting? As in, what is actually being discussed with respect to the CBA?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
All-Star game is a total joke, there's nothing interesting besides the skill competitions in the All-Star Weekend.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Pepper said:
All-Star game is a total joke, there's nothing interesting besides the skill competitions in the All-Star Weekend.

The little guys like it, and it's good PR, but if that's the only game some people see all year, they aren't exactly going to fall in love with the sport.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
hockeytown9321 said:
the last few seasons were compressed, and hundres of injuries resulted, without the Olympics. The compression was becuase of ABC. They wanted to make sure Finals would be over by the time the NBA finals started. At least this shouldn't be a problem with NBC.
The is a direct correlation to Olympic years and an increase in injuries . . . . . the schedule was compressed to accommodate the two plus week shutdown for Olympic participation and ending the season the first week in April (so that the Final would be completed prior to the beginning of the NBA Final). That's fourteen less days to fit in the same number of games . . . . . add in the All Star break you now have to fit the same number of games in 18 less dates . . . that's a compressed schedule and that's a recipe for disaster.

Simply put, the schedule cannot handle being shut down for two weeks for Olympics AND four days for the All Star Game and expect to end the first week in April. You cut out some shutdown dates or you extended the season (at either end).

King_Brown

Meeting for 12 hours ended today, with them spilitting to international discussions tommorow, and back to small group meeting on thursday. HOLLA

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
King_Brown said:
Meeting for 12 hours ended today, with them spilitting to international discussions tommorow, and back to small group meeting on thursday. HOLLA
International??

Is that a typo?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
King_Brown said:

A 12 hour our meeting 2day ended? So they started meeting at 4am?????

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Timmy said:
Well, I guess somebody had to like them.

Personally, I think it resembles figure skating.

Joke game. Never sat through a whole one.

Although I hear that 11-8 game a couple years ago was really exciting, and somebody almost got bodychecked.

Please..its 1 game, its for fun..if you expect people to get hit and fights to break out then im sorry. Im pretty sure more then half the people here enjoy the game as well.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Please..its 1 game, its for fun..if you expect people to get hit and fights to break out then im sorry. Im pretty sure more then half the people here enjoy the game as well.

And I'm glad they do.

jokegamejokegamejokegamejokegamejokegamejokegamejokegamejokegamejokegame

King_Brown

My bad son, internal discussions. I was like WTF international. Daly takes his information to uncle Bettman, who rejects everything this far, and says we need to restart everything. Daly exhausted phones Teddy Saskins the one tooth wonder, and says no progress.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
from tsn
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=127922&hubName=nhl

6/14/2005 4:21:08 PM

TORONTO (CP) - The NHL and NHL Players' Association wrapped up 12 hours of talks and will resume negotiations later this week.

The two sides met in small groups from noon EDT to 7:30 p.m. EDT Monday and from 9 a.m. EDT to 1:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday in Toronto.

They've set aside Wednesday for internal discussion before resuming the process either Thursday or Friday.

The economic framework is largely in place, based on a salary cap, but more work remains to be done. A deal could be struck within the next two to three weeks.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I like the all-star game.. .if not just for the fun of seeing some guys play together that would never in real hockey(see Red Wings and Avs on the same team)..

That said.. I think if they wanted to for the sake of the olympics, they could compress the weekend down to 3 rather than 4 days off..

Day one:

Travel Day

Day Two:

earlymorning/noon(say around 11ish)

Skills Comp

About 3pm

Young Stars Game

About 6pm

ALL-Star Game

Day 3:
Travel Day

It only saves on one day.. but that one day would be one day of being able to streatch out the regular season games..... They could also hack of games 81 and 82... making up about another 2-5 days depending on how they used it.... giving another 3-6 days that they can give up for olympic play... and if they started the season a week early...(which would be a wise move IMO anyways, and normally end a week earlier, but for the olympic seasons go to what we have now)....

So for Olympics Seasons

80 games

3 day rather than 4 day all star break

Season starts a week earlier than it does currently.
Season goes ends the dates it currently does..

For non-olympic seasons

82 games

4 day all star break

Season starts a week earlier than it currently does.
Season ends a week earlier than it currently does.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
DJAnimosity said:
HockeyCritter said:
International??

Is that a typo?
Yes. The correct word would be "internal".
I hope you don't think I was being a wise ass or disrespectful . . . . with talks about Olympics, IIHF transfer agreements, and so foth I thought it could have been international.

King_Brown

The greedy players going to the Olympics will be a good thing for the NHL. It will help launch the NHL on NBC baby. Great way bring in the linkage era.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
HockeyCritter said:
I hope you don't think I was being a wise ass or disrespectful . . . . with talks about Olympics, IIHF transfer agreements, and so foth I thought it could have been international.

Or, they could be talking about counting the revenue from the beer booths - the International Beer Booths, that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->