Meeting Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamebettman*

caucus groups? were they caucusing to pick a new commisioner? New Hampshire primary next week?

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I dont understand why they can't talk about this over the phone. Is it imperative that they meet face to face, when it comes to impasse?

Last edited:

SENSible1*

Scugs said:
I dont understand why they can't talk about this over the phone. Is it imperative that they meet face to face, when in comes to impasse?

That appears to be the case.

RomanKing

Dec 4, 2003
Scugs said:
I dont understand why they can't talk about this over the phone. Is it imperative that they meet face to face, when it comes to impasse?

They think they can generate more excitement this way over playing hockey. This has been a fantastic ten year slide!

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Scugs said:

You mean.. over the phone as in the form of fax's?

:help:

I am sorry, but if the two sides had been meeting in person a few times a week.. HELL a few times a MONTH....a deal would have been worked out..

Its alot harder to insult someone right in front of you, than over the phone.. internet.. or fax...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
$37.5...54%...no way the NHL really thinks the PA is going to accept this offer. I pray this was just a starting ground for negotiation and counter-offers... :help:

SENSible1*

nyrmessier011 said:
$37.5...54%...no way the NHL really thinks the PA is going to accept this offer. I pray this was just a starting ground for negotiation and counter-offers... :help:
I guess that depends on the PA.

How many counter-offers have they made so far?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
RangerBoy said:
Rick Neuheisel submitted his pool early this morning :)

If you follow Neu's pool picks, you might not be doing too badly -- it was the fact that he won on that pool that got him in trouble. (To add insult to injury for UW and the NCAA, Neuheisel just hit them up for a $4.7 million settlement in a wrongful dismissal suit. Neuheisel has a Clinton-esque ability to come out of any situation smelling like a rose.)

Seriously, though, these talks are a joke. It's clear the NHL has made their best offer, and it's equally clear that the 'PA is going to reject each and every one of them. This thing is heading for where it was always heading -- impasse, replacement players, lawsuits, and all of the nastiness that goes with it. Really, when you take a couple steps back and see the whole process and how it has unfolded, it was never going to go any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad