Meeting Over: No Progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey_Nut99

HABSoluteDMB11 said:
I think you are totally right! There are so many unbelievable players whose careers could be over because of the lockout. Despite what they are saying you can't tell me that guys like Yzerman, Francis, Andreychuk, Scott Stevens etc etc..are going to go out like this.

Those guys shouldn't have to go out like that, but as long as they aren't on my fav team then it's all fine by me (speaking selfishly of course).

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
The KEY line of this article is the second half of Saskin's quote:

"...and in fairness to the process it would serve no purpose to comment further."

Basically, this week was the last push from each side to the other sides mebership (players to owners, owners to players), which is best accomplished through the media (as it gives them the information in an unfiltered way). Now, were into the negotation segment, which may or may not produce a deal, but will be done privately I think. The next step will be a FORMAL drop dead date, and then a final negotation stage.

BTW, I realistically think that the season could be saved up to 2-3 days after Bettman "officialy" cancels the season, but that would require a clear break in the PA or ownership, which would become very obvious imediately afterwards in the media.

Jazz

Egil said:
...BTW, I realistically think that the season could be saved up to 2-3 days after Bettman "officialy" cancels the season, but that would require a clear break in the PA or ownership, which would become very obvious imediately afterwards in the media.
I've maintianed this all along as well....I would guess that this would freak out quite a number of players (those who have not had much of Goodenow's kool-aid..)

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Egil said:
The KEY line of this article is the second half of Saskin's quote:

"...and in fairness to the process it would serve no purpose to comment further."

Basically, this week was the last push from each side to the other sides mebership (players to owners, owners to players), which is best accomplished through the media (as it gives them the information in an unfiltered way). Now, were into the negotation segment, which may or may not produce a deal, but will be done privately I think. The next step will be a FORMAL drop dead date, and then a final negotation stage.

BTW, I realistically think that the season could be saved up to 2-3 days after Bettman "officialy" cancels the season, but that would require a clear break in the PA or ownership, which would become very obvious imediately afterwards in the media.
You forgot one part...

Gary bettman is going to make a drop dead date for the drop dead date.

"Today, I come before you to announce that.... there will be announcement made on the date of the cancellation of the season by thursday of this week"

We'll keep pushing it back

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Psycho Joe said:
Okay, we all now know that Bettman and Goodenow must have enormous penises. Why don't they get it over with, drop their pants at a joint press conference and we can find out which one is bigger. Then they can have a competition to see who can piss the greatest distance. Then have some amazing feats of strength. Best 2 out of 3 wins. Maybe then they can declare a winner in these negotiations and we'll finally have a deal.

I dont know about you, but I really dont wanna see either of their genitalia. Ever. :eek:

ResidentAlien*

futurcorerock said:
You forgot one part...

Gary bettman is going to make a drop dead date for the drop dead date.

"Today, I come before you to announce that.... there will be announcement made on the date of the cancellation of the season by thursday of this week"

We'll keep pushing it back
Vancouver radio is caling 9pm PST the drop date "time", shows you how much some of the media actually listen.
Regardless, I think there is still time, but that time is fadin fast
:banghead:

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Egil said:

That is why I think Bettman should cancel the season. To give the players association a chance to "break"

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
Briannj1970 said:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

uh, believe that was the japanese!

Does anyone remember if it was public knowledge that they were having the 17 hour marathon meeting in '95? I don't remember exactly, but I think I remember it being a surprise when they came out with the game on caps on.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
No - the meeting in '95 was a complete surprise. Of course, newspapers were the main source of information back then, so there wasn't much chance of learning about a meeting via just the one issue.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
ResidentAlien said:
Vancouver radio is caling 9pm PST the drop date "time", shows you how much some of the media actually listen.
Regardless, I think there is still time, but that time is fadin fast
:banghead:
If memory serves, Vancouver media has been repeatedly wrong on many issues involving the lockout, often making up stories.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
futurcorerock said:
If memory serves, Vancouver media has been repeatedly wrong on many issues involving the lockout, often making up stories.

:lol

Actually, there are connections to Vancouver's and Toronto's sources. The have Mojo Radio there just like in Toronto.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Scugs said:
:lol

Actually, there are connections to Vancouver's and Toronto's sources. The have Mojo Radio there just like in Toronto.
Whoops... let me stop generalizing.

MOJO RADIO reports false.

Geography has nothing to do with it.. my bad!

most of the "correct" sources seem to come from fan 590 then are cemented by TSN and Sportsnet.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Ozy_Flame said:
They should bring in Leonard Nimoy to settle this. Bring a phaser too.
Sure... if he puts the Vulcan death grip on all of them.

Besides, everyone knows that Data was better than Spock, and 7 of 9 was better than Data. It's just like the players - each generation is better than the one before it.

ResidentAlien*

futurcorerock said:
Whoops... let me stop generalizing.

MOJO RADIO reports false.

Geography has nothing to do with it.. my bad!

most of the "correct" sources seem to come from fan 590 then are cemented by TSN and Sportsnet.
Agreed- but I never said it was Mojo, it was CKNW, which is part of the Chorus(sp) network. whatever that means :dunno:
I gotta ask, who is that guy in yr pic, and what was he drinking? cracks me up every time I see it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad