Meeting Over: No Progress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
We'll be the first professional sports league to lose an entire season due to a labour dispute. If the players really care about the league, they'll prevent themselves from receiving that label.

This whole process has been a joke.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Chinook said:
I don't think it's over yet.

How many secret meetings have the NHL and PA had so far? It's impossible to tell, but we do know that they have met secretly on at least three occasions so far. They're quite capable of it. Who's to say that they haven't decided to meet TONIGHT, after the Washington thing? ;)

I sure hope you're right..........

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
Watching the Knick game,the Rangers owner James Dolan and Garden exec Steve Mills were not in their usual seats.Both seats are empty.They sit next to the Knicks bench.They are probably dealing with the lockout

or mabye they're just sick of watching the Knicks (3-18 in their last 21 games)

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
getnziggywidit said:
I think the response will be nothing.

Both sides will go about their business without the thought of NHL hockey coming again up until mid-late September.

Actually I think the NHL is going to go full steam ahead with the impasse route and shove the cap right up the ying yang of the players .

the NHL needs the June draft as well as typical summer business to occur so that the doors are open for camps in Sept , with replacement players , or those brave enough to cross the line (if you take some analysts word , there will be alot of guys crossing)

enough is enough , theres no way the nhl is gonna let Goodenow take away a second season

PerniciousPablo

Feb 3, 2005
Boulder, CO
Wait, so i thought this meeting was going to have nothing to do with saving the season and everything to do with cancelling the season. Atleast that's what the other thread was saying.

so if no progress was made, wouldn't that be a good thing if we want to see hockey played this season?

I'll wait until an official announcement about the cancellation of the season before i start crying doomsday.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Sensfan11 said:
We'll be the first professional sports league to lose an entire season due to a labour dispute.

I keep hearing that line, and it drives me nuts. As if it's somehow better to play most of a season, then suspend and leave it hanging like baseball did.

It's far far worse to cancel an ongoing season, than to never have had one at all. The hit on the Expos was much greater with them in first place, than it would have been had no games been played at all.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
go kim johnsson said:
If the season is canceled, there will obviously be a major uprising from the players. And this from someone who leans PA. You can't tell me all the older players are going to let this go down the drain. You'll really see **** hit the fan. From both sides.

I think you are totally right! There are so many unbelievable players whose careers could be over because of the lockout. Despite what they are saying you can't tell me that guys like Yzerman, Francis, Andreychuk, Scott Stevens etc etc..are going to go out like this.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
I would comment on all of this but out of respect for the process I have no comment at this time.

DevsFan

Feb 12, 2005
This is just unbelievable. The NHL as a professional league is done, and all the figureheads should be fired. How dare they do this to the fans!!! WE lose the most, not them and their precious millions!

I am just shocked they are going to let it end like this. What a scar on a great sport. Things will never be the same.

At least I can finally say this drama is over.

DevsFan

Feb 12, 2005
True, "it ain't over till it's over," but this is just brutal. Hopefully we will get closure on the season either way in the next couple of days.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
I feel the owners are doing whats best for the game, canceling the season sucks for us as fans but it will make the NHL 100 times better when it comes back

at least hockey will not be like baseball

Briannj1970

Jan 15, 2005
Chinook said:
Again, I don't immediately agree with any such statement. It's over when we KNOW it's over.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I dunno. To me if "no progress was made" as they say... that wouldn't really mean that. After Thursday's "pointless" meeting it's safe to say that nothing constructive came of that - I think it's obvious, what with both sides spewing hatred for each other. It was VERY apparent. :banghead:

But today's meeting, highly unannounced and secretive, just saying "no progress" and "no further comment" to me is the "status quo" comment of this lockout. Which translates to "something is up." Now whether "something is up" means something positive truly is happening or they are just getting ready to drop the c-bomb, I haven't a clue. Like most folks I am cautiously optimistic until of course the season is officially toast.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Okay, we all now know that Bettman and Goodenow must have enormous penises. Why don't they get it over with, drop their pants at a joint press conference and we can find out which one is bigger. Then they can have a competition to see who can piss the greatest distance. Then have some amazing feats of strength. Best 2 out of 3 wins. Maybe then they can declare a winner in these negotiations and we'll finally have a deal.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
DevsFan said:
True, "it ain't over till it's over," but this is just brutal. Hopefully we will get closure on the season either way in the next couple of days.
Open your eyes: IT'S OVER
Now that it's safe to say that when do you think they'll meet again.
Knowing these two bafoons I'll say somewhere around January of next year.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
snakepliskin

Posts: 104 10 years ago when the last CBA was negotiated the owners had a fat tv deal and were living in Beverly Hills and it turned out to be very fortunate for that group of players hoever, the owners now live in Podunk, LA and this group of players are not that fortunate--they may think they deserve more but like william money said right before he put a bullet in Little Bill's head "Deserves got nothing to do with it" -thats the breaks

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Chileiceman said:
Open your eyes: IT'S OVER
Now that it's safe to say that when do you think they'll meet again.
Knowing these two bafoons I'll say somewhere around January of next year.

You're allowed to believe that if you want, but leave us optimistic folk alone, please.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
You know... I really wouldn't be surprised if the NHL did cancel the season, to send a message to the NHLPA. Kinda like:

NHL said:
Yeah, we cancelled the season... AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!

Showing them that they will not break come time training camps are slated to start for the 2005/2006 season. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->