Meeting Complete - Goodenow/bettman Joining Talks Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Scugs said:
The meetings began this morning in NY at 10am. Reports from The Score, Toronto sports station, the ticker at the bottom is stating the the talks have already broken off...

Is this a good sign? I dont think it is... unless they went in, gave a rundown of the proposal, handed them the documents, and broke off for a while to rebuttle.

No links = No Believe

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
Fan590 20/20 ticker agrees. Talks broken off and 'sources' tell 590, the players "were not impressed."

We shall see...

dem

Mar 17, 2002
:lol

I think everyone can finally admit that the season is done now.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
crossxcheck said:
hopefully, they'll counter soon.

I think we should just all hold out hope that the PA doesn't start publicly trashing the proposal within the next hour, or so. If we hear nothing from them, then they're either preparing a counter, or are considering what's been tabled.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Apparently Ted Saskin has left, and he has the proposal. Im guessing the players are going to review it, take it back for a vote. Thats just MY GUESS.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Scugs said:
Apparently Ted Saskin has left, and he has the proposal. Im guessing the players are going to review it, take it back for a vote. Thats just MY GUESS.

assuming you're right and it is put to a vote, any chance it flies? I'm thinking no.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
it doesn't look good but there is waaaay to much lose on both sides if there is no season...i don't think they would allow that... :shakehead

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Scugs said:

He was seen entering the bathroom with it, sources say he is in the process of wiping his butt with the NHL proposal.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
crossxcheck said:
hopefully, they'll counter soon.

counter with what? a salary cap? i dont think so. the nhlpa's management will not agree to a salary cap. the owners are committed to having a salary cap.

until the players themselves become involved there will be no cba and no nhl hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad