MDT: 6/7; "small group discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Komisarek8 said:
What the ?? the meeting is still going on?
Could it be they did more progress then they ever though they would in just a few hours and could be hammering out the final pieces of the puzzle?

Im pretty sure the meeting is over, just not reported. But I do think it ended late (past 10:00)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Komisarek8 said:
What the ?? the meeting is still going on?
Could it be they did more progress then they ever though they would in just a few hours and could be hammering out the final pieces of the puzzle?
If that's the case, I would expect Bob McKenzie to have something posted here or on TSN.ca very, very soon. We can only hope...

Malo

Dec 14, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
What can I say. In no world are 'small group meetings' going into Wednesday morning.

the small groups could have become a large group at any time, i think they are all in the same building anyways.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
jericholic19 said:
unless they're busy trying to draft a CBA before June 15 so that sponsors don't drop out. i'll wait for word on TSN before I concur the meeting is over.

Drafting a CBA?

NHL TALKS CONTINUE. The NHL and Players Association resumed collective bargaining yesterday in Manhattan and will continue today and tomorrow. As the sides are apparently working toward a deal, a person close to the situation said that while it is possible an agreement could be done this month, it could go beyond June. "It could go longer just in terms of the enormous amount of work to be done and the drafting of a CBA," the person said, "which must and will be done before a deal is announced."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...532jun08,0,3548284.story?coll=ny-sports-print

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
Drafting a CBA?

NHL TALKS CONTINUE. The NHL and Players Association resumed collective bargaining yesterday in Manhattan and will continue today and tomorrow. As the sides are apparently working toward a deal, a person close to the situation said that while it is possible an agreement could be done this month, it could go beyond June. "It could go longer just in terms of the enormous amount of work to be done and the drafting of a CBA," the person said, "which must and will be done before a deal is announced."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/print...532jun08,0,3548284.story?coll=ny-sports-print

I'm obviously not familiar with this negotiation process...which is why I asked others in my previous posts for their thoughts of what was going on (i.e. those questions weren't rhetorical). I was under the assumption that they could be drafting the CBA while simultaneously discussing the major issues. Anyhow, it's good to see where they still stand and I've been fully expecting for some time now that these bargaining questions could continue for a while (despite other reporting a deal is imminent). maybe they've begun drafting. frankly, it would only make sense to draft a CBA once a deal in principle has been ratified by the players and owners. these negotiations are still far from being finished yet.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My point was is that it didn't last as long as people thought.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tiki said:
Hmmmmm, Ekky says it ended at 11:38.

GKJ's post is at 11:40 saying he knows its done.

Coincidence? :sarcasm:

OK, fine I am Eklund. I even live (outside of) Philadelphia and my favorite team is the Flyers.

Tiki cracked the nut, folks!

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
OK, fine I am Eklund. I even live (outside of) Philadelphia and my favorite team is the Flyers.

Tiki cracked the nut, folks!

:biglaugh:

Never mention me in a post with the words "Cracked the nut" again. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->