MDT: 6/7; "small group discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
If it's just lawyers we won't hear anything interesting about it.

Need the whole pack of them for anything newsworthy to happen.

mooseOAK*

It may still be a while until we hear anything different than issues were discussed, many more left.

Boring, but I'll take that over them taking pot shots at one another.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
At least they picked up the pace of the meetings. What are they doing now, meeting 3 times each week? It sure as hell took them long enough. In my opinion they should meet every weekday untill a deal is done.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Anyone else here think they're drafting a CBA? Considering all of the time these two sides have been meeting together, I don't think could only be bargaining. Plus, its been speculated/mentioned that Bettman, Goodenow, and other important authority figures haven't participated in these small group discussions. Who exactly is involved in these get togethers? Lawyers? If so, what do you think they're doing? Bargaining over major/problematic issues on behalf of the NHL and NHLPA? Unlikely IMO unless Daly and Saskin are involved.

88Headdown

Jun 1, 2005
I'm assuming the meetings probably ended some hours ago but since there was nothing newsworthy, we will hear nothing?

I guess.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
well, I was watching sportsdesk on MSG after the Mets\Astros game, and Stan Fischler, notoriously pessimistic, made it sound like something is pretty close to happening, and said that "barring something drastic messing things up," he expects a deal in the relatively near future. he and davidson also gave their thoughts on the proposed changes...and like most of them.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
88Headdown said:
I'm assuming the meetings probably ended some hours ago but since there was nothing newsworthy, we will hear nothing?

I guess.

not necessarily. TSN is usually pretty good about at least reporting that the meetings have ended, and the NHL\NHLPA usually report that the meetings have concluded for the day. It's not too much to assume they're still meeting.

88Headdown

Jun 1, 2005
nomorekids said:
not necessarily. TSN is usually pretty good about at least reporting that the meetings have ended, and the NHL\NHLPA usually report that the meetings have concluded for the day. It's not too much to assume they're still meeting.

- Well if true, that would be a great thing, obviously. The silence seems stranger today though for some reason.

Maybe i'm suffering from lockout dementia or something...

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Sometimes TSN hasn't reported that the daily meeting is over until an hour after it actually ended, so who knwos. It's getting pretty late here on the east coast.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
It was kind of odd that tonight's Sportscentre hasn't reported anything about the meetings other than that the two sides "kicked off another set of three meetings today". Saying nothing about today's ending.

Perhaps they have gotten tired of reporting "there was a meeting and no real news came out of it afterwards". But still TSN usually reports anything CBA related despite how dull it is.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
i had a most amazing dream that the lockout was over, and that the draft took place in winnipeg, where i attended.

but it was really, REALLY eery.

kind of like this dream i had a couple of months ago, where the la kings played a game for no reason at all...despite there being a lockout.

that doesn't sound eery at all does it...well it WAS!!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
it is strange. it could mean there was so little to report that they left the secret bunker without leaking anything to the media. it could mean that something s up and they are still talking at 11:36 now... but with talks scheduled for tomorrow i would assume there is no need to over do tonight.

of course TSN always anounced "meeting over" about 1 hour after it concludes. they ve had a "finish at 10PM" meeting already. i guess a 10:30PM isn't too far fetched.

:dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This meeting is over, and has been over since at least 9:00. Do I have a link? No Do I have inside sources? No. Did I hear it on the radio? No. I just know.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
deathbear said:
i had a most amazing dream that the lockout was over, and that the draft took place in winnipeg, where i attended.

but it was really, REALLY eery.

kind of like this dream i had a couple of months ago, where the la kings played a game for no reason at all...despite there being a lockout.

that doesn't sound eery at all does it...well it WAS!!
Speaking of Dream

Bad dream: No end to hockey nightmare

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terry&id=2077418

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
This meeting is over, and has been over since at least 9:00. Do I have a link? No Do I have inside sources? No. Did I hear it on the radio? No. I just know.

what a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ post.

can anyone guess the 9 letter word?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Macho Man said:
what a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ post.

can anyone guess the 9 letter word?

What can I say. In no world are 'small group meetings' going into Wednesday morning.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
What can I say. In no world are 'small group meetings' going into Wednesday morning.

unless they're busy trying to draft a CBA before June 15 so that sponsors don't drop out. i'll wait for word on TSN before I concur the meeting is over.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
go kim johnsson said:

Wrong, Meeting was over at 11, do i have a link, Nope..inside sources..hell no. Radio..ye..no wait..nope, I am just very smart.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
What the ?? the meeting is still going on?
Could it be they did more progress then they ever though they would in just a few hours and could be hammering out the final pieces of the puzzle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->