Mdt 6/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
maybe rod smith misinterpreted the article on NHL going to Turin like many people here have?

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
The basic structure of the salary cap - linked league-wide to revenues with an upper and lower limit on team payrolls - is mostly ironed out.

I keep reading that in the articles ... that's the biggie. All the other stuff has to tie into that in terms of the meaningful dollars and cents. They have to close as many loop holes as they can imagine and figure out the transition.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
oildrop said:
Do a marathon meeting and end this torture already! :help:

A marathon session isn't going to day anything but create more problems down the road. While the parties may agree on the general details of the new CBA, the actual drafting, reviewing, editing, approval, and redrafting, etc. takes enormous amounts of time.

I would have to say that 75% at a minimum of this document is going to be 100% NEW material. That's a huge task. Behind the scenes (and trust me on this) there are lawyers on both sides plugging away on drafts to help speed things up, but also to draft the appropriate language to make sure it plays out in writing to the approval of both sides (one side says, i'll do this tonight, you do that).

Once you sign it, you are stuck with it. Both parties jobs are to create a 'working document' not an adversarial document (namely the last cba that spawned this whole thing in the 1st place).

Patience is a virtue.

Paisano*

Joe Schlaboski was quoted today by various sources saying the lock out will most definetly be over by September 2008. Now THERE is optimism!!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I expect Goodenow will hold on as long as possible to wring some consecions out of management (like 2004-05 contracts being honored). So if the 15th is a serious deadline it'll be that day or a bit afterwards.

SENSible1*

snakepliskin said:
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/hurricanes/story/2485476p-8889491c.html

a couple of interesting comments by some of my guys in this article.

Agreed.

Whether that report is correct or not, NHL players have come to accept that the new financial system will be based on some sort of cap, which the union has fought for years -- and which makes some Carolina Hurricanes players wonder what took so long.

"We probably could have been playing in February or whenever it was, at least salvaged part of the season," veteran defenseman Glen Wesley said. "Looking back at it now, we ask that question. That's the disappointing piece of the puzzle."

Kevyn Adams, the team's union player representative, said he wasn't aware of any new developments but acknowledged that last season probably was lost in vain -- at least from the NHLPA's perspective.

"There was absolutely no reason that we shouldn't have played hockey this season," Adams said. "In saying that, though, the issues were so contentious, and both sides dug their heels in. Unfortunately, a lot of people suffered for it. To miss a year, I didn't feel that needed to happen. ...

"This whole process has been a situation where you're going to have to give on the players' side, and as players in the beginning we were maybe fighting for ideological reasons, for the right reasons, but the reality is we had to get a partnership with the league."

Looks like Bobby boy is skating on some mighty thin ice in the eyes of his members.

King_Brown

Gary Bettman wont call a news conference saying we have agreed to this and this, and that in 3 weeks the document will fully drafted for people to view. He will sit there with the thick 500 page CBA signed and sealed, with a power point presentation, explaning everythying with the language.

It will be a long process to draft this, as lawyers will be pulling all nighters writting this thing up. It will be made sure the language is 100% correct before uncle Bettman signing off.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
King_Brown said:
Gary Bettman wont call a news conference saying we have agreed to this and this, and that in 3 weeks the document will fully drafted for people to view. He will sit there with the thick 500 page CBA signed and sealed, with a power point presentation, explaning everythying with the language.

It will be a long process to draft this, as lawyers will be pulling all nighters writting this thing up. It will be made sure the language is 100% correct before uncle Bettman signing off.

You know, for the amount I disagree with most of what you post, I agree 100 percent with what you say here.

King_Brown

Kritter471 said:
You know, for the amount I disagree with most of what you post, I agree 100 percent with what you say here.

Thanks, and I love the Dallas Stars beating the Oilers year after year :biglaugh:

Its going to be hard, The NHL will spend no less then 53% and no more then 55% percentage of DHR(defined on page blah blah) on players salaries in 2005/2006. Its going to be great once the CBA is done, it wont be too hard to understand.

King_Brown

We can learn from the NBA also, Jan 7th 1999 the NBA and PA agreed to the deal. The deal was signed 13 days later, after preaseason and training camp was postponed twice because the agreement was taking longer then expexted to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad