Rumor: McKenzie says Wings shopping Ouellet

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Kid is 24.
He's cheap.
Virtually every stat he has is solid and among the best on the D.
So of course we trade him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Umm ok why? He can play the bottom pair well enough. He’s young could improve. We don’t get much trade value. Haven’t heard any complaints. I doubt he wants an amazing contract

Unless it’s a package I don’t see a reason to trade him

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
we have plenty bellow average in GR. I think Hikkens will take that spot

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The chances of a 3rd or 4th round pick turning into XO are slim.

a rebuilding team can never have enough draft picks. might as well get a pick for a player that clearly has no future with the wings and hope they hit they hit a home run with the pick (albeit small chance).

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I actually like XO, and there are other's I would prefer to move instead, but I have no problem with moving him. He's not a vet that's going to help the kids, and he's not a kid with an upside. He kind of is what he is. If we can get a pick for him, great.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I actually like XO, and there are other's I would prefer to move instead, but I have no problem with moving him. He's not a vet that's going to help the kids, and he's not a kid with an upside. He kind of is what he is. If we can get a pick for him, great.

Which vet on this team is going to help with the kids?
Seriously.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Which vet on this team is going to help with the kids?
Seriously.

If i'm a young Defenseman, I would think that having guys like Kronwall and Daley would help me evolve my game. Ask any player that has ever played hockey, vets help kids. Now would I move Kronwall or Daley if someone offered something? Of course, but that doesn't negate the fact that they do bring something to the table. It's ok, you're allowed to say something positive about a vet.

Here is the real question that everyone is wondering Redder....how many points per start do the Wings get when XO plays?

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
A 3rd rounder has a 30 percent chance of turning into an NHLer.
A 4th rounder has a 20 percent chance of turning into an NHLer.

There's no reason to move a cheap young D who can play in this league for low odds like that.

Is this an actual stat? Or is this one of your "stats"

Reactions: taylorjonl

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I know you don't like facts, Kliq.
So I won't insult you with more of them.
Carry on.

Oh this is funny coming from you.

I like stats, but I like real stats that are derived from a large sample size and that actually mean something. When you have something meaningful/legitimate to say I will acknowledge it it, when you say something that is ridiculous or cherry picked, I will call you out on it. Sorry that bothers you.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
You are trying to make it seem like he is of some big importance to this team, he isn't. He is on the bottom pairing on a bad team...if he can get us a pick then good.

He's 24 and bottom pairing.
He should continue, as most defensemen do, to get better with age.

He's got the highest shots/60.
The best CF%
He's fairly physical.
He plays a lot of dzone faceoffs and still has good possession.

Tonight was more of the same from XO.

5 defensive zone faceoffs.
2 neutral zone faceoffs
1 Ozone faceoff.

He's +2
He has a CF of 61 percent.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Oh this is funny coming from you.

I like stats, but I like real stats that are derived from a large sample size and that actually mean something. When you have something meaningful/legitimate to say I will acknowledge it it, when you say something that is ridiculous or cherry picked, I will call you out on it. Sorry that bothers you.

Then google the stat and look for it instead of starting flame wars.
I've got better than discuss things with people who start shit they way you did in this thread.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone on our blue line can be dealt and I won’t bat an eye at it.

Ouellet is a mediocre/vanilla defenseman with decent advanced stats because he’s sheltered. I’d care less if he was traded than I did Smith, and we’re not missing Smith either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->