McKenzie on the Wings at the deadline

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Until we hear a solid source say Holland had an offer on the table of Nyquist/Tatar for a good top 4D (say Fowler) and declined it I don’t see the value in even being upset about the lack of such a trade. Maybe Anaheim was the party reluctant to pull the trigger?
They did end up selling low on Vatanen instead.

Holland attempted it for years and years. We’ll never know exactly what offers he made or declined. But the rumors were constant.

If we should take anything from the reported attempts to deal Tatar/Nyquist for a D its that they don't hold much value, and if we were able to deal Athanasiou for a D like Faulk we should have jumped on it immediately. When is the last trade where a wing brought back a good/great return?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If we should take anything from the reported attempts to deal Tatar/Nyquist for a D its that they don't hold much value, and if we were able to deal Athanasiou for a D like Faulk we should have jumped on it immediately. When is the last trade where a wing brought back a good/great return?
Agreed. And whether there were zero attempts to trade for a defenseman, or a thousand, ultimately it was still a failure to fix that facet of the team for a long time.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Question from a curious sens fan... What's the price for Mrazek? What do you guys need? Ottawa needs to change their goaltending situation ASAP and that seems like a good option IMO.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Question from a curious sens fan... What's the price for Mrazek? What do you guys need? Ottawa needs to change their goaltending situation ASAP and that seems like a good option IMO.
The rumors have been that teams were only offering a 4th round pick, but that Holland was holding out for at least a 3rd, if not a 2nd. I don't see him ever fetching a 2nd, but, depending on the team, a 3rd might happen. Or a decent prospect.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
The price will probably come down for Mrazek. Just be patient. The organization really likes Howard - they protected him in the expansion draft - despite his advanced age. It seems like there's something off with regard to Mrazek's status with the organization and I'm sure they'd like the additional cap space to use on free agents. So I'd guess Mrazek will be traded if someone offered a 3rd rounder for him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

3rd + Batherson/Wolanin... ? :)

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Ridiculous. Great chance to be competitive during ELCs of Rasmussen/Cholo/Hronek/18 1st and RFA deals of Larkin/Mantha/AA. Some overpaid veterans don’t matter if they can still be solid depth.

The vets we have are not the vets needed.

Haha apparently Holland is only asking a 3rd. I would do that in a heartbeat. Do you have goalie prospects or would Condon be of any interest as well?
The decrease in value is due to his qualifying offer being $4.15M.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

If it isn't already, his value will soon be very low. The only way the Wings qualify him is if they are able to move Jimmy for a better return. I am guessing you will be able to acquire him for a mid-round pick when all is said and done if you really want him.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Ridiculous. Great chance to be competitive during ELCs of Rasmussen/Cholo/Hronek/18 1st and RFA deals of Larkin/Mantha/AA. Some overpaid veterans don’t matter if they can still be solid depth.

Do you really think a few 1st and 2nd year players in Rasmussen, Cholo, Hronek and whatever guy we draft this year is going to push a team with Helm, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Ericsson, Daley and Dekeyser deep into the playoffs? Unless they are all the 2nd coming of Teemu then that is in fact not going to happen.

Even if Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen whatever guy we draft all pan out, they are not going to drag this team anywhere with all those overpaid roleplayers.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Haha apparently Holland is only asking a 3rd. I would do that in a heartbeat. Do you have goalie prospects or would Condon be of any interest as well?

I doubt the Red Wings would have any interest in Condon. However, for the right price the Wings could certainly consider helping Eugene get that brutal contract off the books.

Speaking of Eugene, would he be okay giving Mrazek $4.15M for next season to qualify him?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

He said it would have to be better than a 4th. I personally think the offer would have to be better than just a 3rd, or he would have done that already.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Do you really think a few 1st and 2nd year players in Rasmussen, Cholo, Hronek and whatever guy we draft this year is going to push a team with Helm, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Ericsson, Daley and Dekeyser deep into the playoffs? Unless they are all the 2nd coming of Teemu then that is in fact not going to happen.

Even if Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen whatever guy we draft all pan out, they are not going to drag this team anywhere with all those overpaid roleplayers.
What happened to Larkin, Mantha, AA, Nyquist, Tatar, Saarijarvi, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi, FAs, trade acquisitions? But yeah I would have zero problem seeing a team with depth like Abby, Helm, Nielsen and Daley go deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad