Confirmed with Link: McKenzie: Brett Connolly 2 year extension 1.5 AAV

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lol whatever dude

McKenzie even said today that they were tweeting verbal agreements and stuff wasn't official or confirmed. So, yay, now it's confirmed. Still doesn't mean there wasn't something being attempted.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He signed the exact deal he was reported to have signed a few days ago. Spoooooooky.

Nobody said the numbers were wrong. Just that the deal wasn't confirmed and something else could be up. You know that.

No victory lap. No victory lap. You're victory lap.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I wonder what they see in him. He scored 15 goals but he was so bad in the playoffs that he was watching from the press box. Even Tom Wilson was more dangerous than him offensively.

Apr 6, 2004
I wonder what they see in him. He scored 15 goals but he was so bad in the playoffs that he was watching from the press box. Even Tom Wilson was more dangerous than him offensively.

He wont sustain his shooting % from last season but he CAN finish. Give me a good playmaking center and he can pot 20.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If Connolly's goal total increases this season, it's because he gets more powerplay time. Don't think it's realistic to expect much more even-strength goal scoring than he provided last year. Any increase in ice-time will be offset by a return to normalcy in his shooting percentage.

Personally, I'm fine with a 10G Connolly if he's part of a 3rd line that keeps the puck on the right half of the ice and isn't causing plays to die on his stick. A line with him, Eller, and Vrana can be a more than capable depth scoring/possession line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad