Rumor: Mckenzie and Lebrun say Columbus has an offer of a late first round pick for Jack Johnson

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Maybe I missed it but at 1:33 McKenzie is talking about TB and I didn't hear anything about CBJ being offered a 1st rounder for JJ. At the 33 minute mark he talks about CBJ and wanting a 1st for JJ but I can't find any time where it's said they have actually been offered a 1st rounder.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Maybe I missed it but at 1:33 McKenzie is talking about TB and I didn't hear anything about CBJ being offered a 1st rounder for JJ. At the 33 minute mark he talks about CBJ and wanting a 1st for JJ but I can't find any time where it's said they have actually been offered a 1st rounder.
Re-listen at the 1:33 mark, he says it closer to 1:33:15, he says that they have a late first round pick on the table for JJ.
Note: that's 1 hour and 33 min into the podcast.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jack Johnson's advanced stats(Relatives CF%, GF%, xGF%) are REALLY bad this year. If someone is offering that they should have accepted it yesterday

Reactions: 7even

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Re-listen at the 1:33 mark, he says it closer to 1:33:15, he says that they have a late first round pick on the table for JJ.
Note: that's 1 hour and 33 min into the podcast.

Got it and thanks!

I guess after what Sakic pulled off anything is possible but I have seen JJ play around 35 times this year and he is nowhere near a top4 dman anymore. If anyone gives up a 1st (even a late round 1st) they would be a fool.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
That's quite a price for a "glorified #6" eh Toronto fans?

Are you using what some GM will give up as a standard to measure how good players are? Dangerous game to play there m8.

David Clarkson signed for a bajillion dollars. That's quite a price for a "glorified grinder," eh Devils fans?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Are you using what some GM will give up as a standard to measure how good players are? Dangerous game to play there m8.

David Clarkson signed for a bajillion dollars. That's quite a price for a "glorified grinder," eh Devils fans?

Can't believe dat Martin Erat only cost 1 measly Filip Forsberg. More GMs should have been in on that.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
No way

IT HAS to be Pittsburg

Crosby and Johnson are old buddies and Crosby has the power to make this happen, and maybe to even get him signed for a reasonable amount so he can prepare for retirement.

I don't see any other explanation for this.

Plus, on paper, Pittsburg could use Johnson....if anyone really can, at least they can sort of justify it.

I think this is a very powerful friend helping another friend out of a bad situation.

If this is what's happening and Columbus isn't giving him up.....man, Johnson's got to be POSTAL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->