6. sam gagner
7. colton gillies
8. mikael backlund
9. nick petrecki
10.logan couture

top goalies
#27 jeremy smith
#30 brad phillips

compared to iss they have comlpetely diifferent goalies highest ranked. iss has 5 goalies before these two guys and they dont have any in the first round.

keaton ellerby is #14 according to iss and #2 according to mckeens
logan couture is # 1 accordin to iss and #10 according to mckeens
patrick kane is # 35 according to iss and #5 according to mckkens

a lot of differnt opinions here.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
wow this ranking sure is a lot differnt from ISS

1. jakub voracek
2. keaton ellerby
3. angelo esposito
4. karl alzner
5. patrick kane
6. sam gagner
7. colton gillies
8. mikael backlund
9. nick petrecki
10.logan couture

top goalies
#27 jeremy smith
#30 brad phillips

compared to iss they have comlpetely diifferent goalies highest ranked. iss has 5 goalies before these two guys and they dont have any in the first round.

It's kind of weird that they have Ellerby up three so high when they have almost no scouting on him and what they do have doesn't sound overly impressive.

turnbuckle*

It's kind of weird that they have Ellerby up three so high when they have almost no scouting on him and what they do have doesn't sound overly impressive.

interesting rankings for sure, but i think you're going to see Ellerby and Kane rising substantially in ISS's next rankings, and I'd be shocked if they still have Couture first overall when they release their next list.

Only list I've seen with Kane and Gagner in the top ten, and IMO it's deserved given their OHL performances thus far.

Ellerby has a package that many scouts love - great size, skating, potential to dominate games as he fills out - he's pretty much a lock to be a top ten selection IMO unless his game really drops off.

Personally I think Couture is too low, but being from the Ottawa area I may be a little biased - we'll see how he looks when he comes back from injury.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I noticed Palushaj was putting up decent numbers, but wasn't sure where he'd land on this list.

Usually McKeen's comes out with a top 60 or 120, not 30. Hopefully there's still more to come.

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
how deep is this draft class looking compared to the past few years?

Well, as compared to 2003, it is nowhere close. 2004 & 2005 had their top end talent ('04 Ovechkin & Malkin, but then it tails off, and '05 Crosby and again tails off) while this year it is quite the opposite. There is very little top end talent (as of now), but the kids who would go 10-15 in any other draft, there are probably 20 guys who may end up there this season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Palushaj is a first round talent. I've seen both him and Malone this year .... both our big play making forwards but Palushaj is a lethal play maker down low where as Malone needs some time from the half wall....also Palushaj has a snipers release but needs to shoot more, he's also better one on one. Palushaj over Malone from what i've seen and is the best forward the USHL has to offer.

He's the real deal.

I think that Palushaj drops to the 2nd. I just don't see him as a 1st round player. And I really like him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Well, as compared to 2003, it is nowhere close. 2004 & 2005 had their top end talent ('04 Ovechkin & Malkin, but then it tails off, and '05 Crosby and again tails off) while this year it is quite the opposite. There is very little top end talent (as of now), but the kids who would go 10-15 in any other draft, there are probably 20 guys who may end up there this season.

The whole first round right now is filled with guys who'd go 5-15 in a normal draft. That's my early opinion.

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
The whole first round right now is filled with guys who'd go 5-15 in a normal draft. That's my early opinion.

My top ten is filled with guys who'd go 5-10 in a normal draft. Very few, with the exception of maybe Couture (without the injury) and Esposito would go in the top five. Gagner is making a push right now...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
My top ten is filled with guys who'd go 5-10 in a normal draft. Very few, with the exception of maybe Couture (without the injury) and Esposito would go in the top five. Gagner is making a push right now...

Guys like Petrecki, Backlund, Alzner, etc. would all go top 5-10, IMO, in other drafts as well as the guys you've listed.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The funny thing with Palushaj is that I can see him being taken top 15 overall if someone falls in love with him. And I think it's fairly probable to happen for some reason. But I wouldn't take him in the first yet.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
no opinions on the goalies?? who is the best goalie in this draft. my vote goes to justin leclerc.

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
wow this ranking sure is a lot differnt from ISS

1. jakub voracek
2. keaton ellerby
3. angelo esposito
4. karl alzner
5. patrick kane
6. sam gagner
7. colton gillies
8. mikael backlund
9. nick petrecki
10.logan couture

top goalies
#27 jeremy smith
#30 brad phillips

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/inde...nSubType=&report=PlayersLeadersGeneralRookies

Roman Bashkirov is saying "hi" to jakub voracek (pay attention to "plus-minus"). Soon Ruslan Bashkirov will say the same:yo:

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Can anyone tell me where they rank Brandon Sutter now. They had him at 5th in their last one which I thought was too high (10-20 seems about right).

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Is it stacked or weaker than 2006?

Kyle Woodlief's take on 2007

Now, we have to introduce one note of caution: we've all been spoiled these last few years with the talent at the very top end of the scale producing names like Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, and Johnson. At RLR, we don't see any of those "once in a generation" type players coming out of this year's group. But there should be quality available right through the second round, and a spirited battle for the top overall spot between a few very talented forwards.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20061019_102320_3908

2007>2006

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
shows you how far tristin llewellyn has dropped in their minds. if i remember correctly he was in their top 10 last list they made, now hes not in the top 30. as i thought, blum has risen from 60th to 12th, i still think he has a shot to go higher then petrecki too.

i think that at least one defenseman from this years ntdp team will go last 1st also. theres some good solid defensemen like shattenkirk, ruth, lavin, and cole. if size is overlooked fairchild could go very high too.

OHLDAD

Oct 16, 2006
Talking about defensemen, no Katic either--rated higher than Cohen, Shattenkirk and Llewellyn by most "experts" and very close to Petricki except a totaly differet player, small, quick, skilled offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->