McKeen's Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

77th Earl

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
hab 4ever said:
wow ... both Zagrapan and Latendresse are off the list. First time I see that in a mock draft this year. Does McKeens have any Q scouts at all ? :madfire:

pretty brainless comment. zagrapan is ranked 23 and latendresse 52 on central scouting's list of just north american skaters. why is it so beyond your imagination that they won't slip beyond the first 30 picks? that is just a mock anyways. both players are ranked first-rounders on the actual mckeens list.

Default101

these guys don't know much about hockey, what did they just throw names in a hat after the top 12?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Skating will turn people off...Yeah like the WILD...Small skilled forwards? Only Bouchard really is small. We got lanky guys...

Seriously...Minnesota is in more need of a fast skilled scorer than a big guy...

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
77th Earl said:
pretty brainless comment. zagrapan is ranked 23 and latendresse 52 on central scouting's list of just north american skaters. why is it so beyond your imagination that they won't slip beyond the first 30 picks? that is just a mock anyways. both players are ranked first-rounders on the actual mckeens list.

..[/QUOTE
Guess who is making brainless comment ? You must not really follow the nhl entry draft if you think centra; scoutin's list actually have something to do with how the draft unfolds. Seriously, CBS rankings are a joke. For example, in the hockey news draft edition, who rank all players in the same list, latendresse is 14yh overall and Zagrapna is 18th. ISS has both players going in their top 30 overall (first round). So does redline, ranking Latendresse in their top 8 to 10 and Zagrapan a tad below. Furthermore, tsn.ca has both of them in the top 20 in their mock draft. And I've read around 20 mock drafts on this site in the last 7-10 days, all of them have both Latendresse and Zagrapan in the first round. Brainless comments ???

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
That is a very bad mock. Petr Kalus in the first round? He'll be lucky to go during Day 1. :shakehead Zagrapan and Latendresse are legitimate first rounders and Pouliot will not fall that far. I think that was a poor job.

Sabres75

Feb 27, 2002
Take the USA and head North.
Buffalo would not take a 5'9" forward

These guys surprise me about how little they know about the Sabres.......Do they even realize that the Sabres hardly scout or draft from the Q ?

Ryan Stoa would be a better pick for Buffalo pick at the 13th spot.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't see the Canes taking Kopitar, even though I think he could easily be the second best player in the draft. JR is not one for drafting euros, and tends to pick a lot of OHL players because of familiarity since Karmanos also owns the Plymouth Whalers. I see Pouliot or Ryan as the most likely, though my personal preference is for Brule.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Snoopy said:
I see that McKeens has their Mock Draft up. No big surprises considering their top 100 list and it is free to non-subscribers.

Does anyone know if ISS and Redline have a mock draft?

Pouliot slipping to 5 is a big surprise. kopitar won't go that early and Columbus needs a centre, Brule will be a winger in the NHL. Also where is Latendresse? No way in hell Toronto would pass on him, they need youth at forward and he would be a perfect pick!

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Snoopy said:
I see that McKeens has their Mock Draft up. No big surprises considering their top 100 list and it is free to non-subscribers.

Does anyone know if ISS and Redline have a mock draft?
Go to www.redlinereport.com and they have their mock draft posted.

Seems much more likely than the McKeens draft. Although there is little in the way of certainty in trying to figure out which team picks which player. We all have our own thoughts and many of those come from seeing so many mock drafts. Other than Crosby going 1st every team has mixed needs and wants lists, not to mention drafting based on best available or organizational need. Lets not forget that there will be a whole lot of trades in my estimation that nobody can predict and that will definitely change the order in which guys are taken. Regardless though, I love this time of year, and love seeing all the mock drafts, provided they give reasons for their specific choices.

Prodigal19

Jul 26, 2005
Purgatory
"The Avalanche could opt for just about anything, but with another pick just a few selections away it would be wise to lock up the next best goaltender available. It is unlikely that the organization has any faith left in David Aebischer, while neither Philippe Sauve nor Peter Budaj have been amazing. "
WTF?!?!? horrible mock draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->