Confirmed with Link: McDonagh + Miller to Tampa Bay for Namestnikov + Howden + Hajek + 2018 1st + conditional 2019 1st

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
On the bright side of things, as of July we'll have a tremendous set of prospects, and an insane amount of cap space.

We've added Hajek, Lindgren, and Rykov on the LHD side of things.
We've got DeAngelo, Pionk, and Shattenkirk on the right for the foreseeable future.

Centers- We have Andersson, Chytil and Howden. All have top 6 upsides.

We're still weak at the wing position, but upcoming draft we have
3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds.

The key thing is how they draft. It's crucial not to miss when building a new core.

My big regrets are that

a) we didnt land a real top flight prospect on the Sergachev level
b) 2 of the 3 1sts are likely to be very late
c) we targeted guys like Namestnikov and Spooner instead of another good prospect. I'd be open to trading those two in the summer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's not a great trade, but we didn't get screwed over either. I think this trade is fair for both teams. And Tampa is in a situation where they go all in, like we did in 2014

Now prepare for Zuccarello to be the captain of this team. God help us

And for f***s sake. The HFB servers were probably on sale

Reactions: Jeff Groten

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
The main reason this deal stings so bad isn't who we got - it's who Tampa was able to keep. Making a deal this big and being able to keep your top prospects makes Gorton look like he failed. Whenever you are trading players of McD's calibre the other team shouldn't be able to get them for their second tier prospects.

That's it. SY managed to hold on to his best prospects. I didn't realistically expect a Sergachv or Point, but Raddysh would've been nice.

I feel a bit better about it now. Still, this one can sting for a bit.

We're really building the Russian party right now.

Line next year of Kovalchuk - Namestnikov - Buchnevich ?

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
So many hot takes from people who just googled "Libor Hajek and Brett Howden scouting report".

I'm not really one to assess, but in trading the organization's best player since Lundqvist who is a #1 D, doesn't it say something that we need to be Googling scouting reports?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We'll see if there's more moves by Gorton pre draft. Maybe he packages some picks to get a young player ready to breakout but due a raise or needs a change of scenery? Who knows.

As it stands though, not too happy with this.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I kind of expected the return to not include top tier prospects or picks, but I was hoping to be wrong.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
well Elite Prospects went down so...

Rangers better go HEAVY on forwards in this draft.... we have a shit ton of defensemen now

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I mean I’m with Edge and Trxjw as a group that’s high on Howden. He’s a bull on the puck and a really smart player. I guess I’m sleeping on getting Namestnikov back.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't know enough about Howden or Hajek to comment on their value, but I would have liked to get a RHD after all the lefties we added. I'll have to trust Gorton and his staff there. Regarding Namestnikov, I wonder if we keep him or try to flip him at the draft.

PS. Damn this site sucks right now.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
wow nice haul
im happy actually.
a 1st and a conditionl 2nd.
vlady is a legit nhl sniper. period. he's 25. and he can flat out shoot it. and he's russian. happy dance time.
holden is a very nice prospect. 6'3 c with good hands played in the cuse end of last season if i recall
hajek is another solid kid who projects to be a top 5 nhl man with an edge to his game. another round in the chamber. another kid who had some time in the cuse camp.
mcd27 was due a 2nd deal and you avoid that deal at all costs. we retained zero dollars.
miller was just too dumb in the end.

Reactions: Jeff Groten

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
These actual players the Rangers grabbed are LONG TERM assets. I really like Howden and Hajek as the prospects coming back. I was hoping for Sergachev but that was exactly it, hope. Namestnikov is a good young player at 25 years old. I don't think he will be in NY past this off-season. People want to know who may be a piece used to acquire another 1st? Namestnikov is a player they can use for that.

Reactions: Joey Bones

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The yearly subscription price I pay for this site (along with many others) should be able to cover the cost of handling the amount of traffic this place deals with around the trade deadline.

A f***ing joke how bad this site has been at the most crucial of times.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's not a great trade, but we didn't get screwed over either. I think this trade is fair for both teams. And Tampa is in a situation where they go all in, like we did in 2014

Now prepare for Zuccarello to be the captain of this team. God help us

And for ****s sake. The HFB servers were probably on sale

Nah Zucc's gonna land us our 4th 1st for this draft+ in June.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Quote Trxjw: "So many hot takes from people who just googled "Libor Hajek and Brett Howden scouting report".

I doubt they went that far. if they did, they wouldn't be complaining as much.

It was either going to be Howden or Foote. We got Howden. It was going to be a prospect on a slightly lower tier, we got Hajek. It was always going to be a 1st and a 2nd. We got that. Then we swapped JT for Namest. Seem to be equal to each other.

Perfectly acceptable trade. No surprises in either a positive or negative way

Didn't get a 7th rounder though. F

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
On the plus side, Tampa being awesome makes a deep Bruins run unlikely, thus increasing the value of our two B’s picks this summer.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->