• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Scheifele - brings a similar stature of game at less than half the cost.

McDavid is the better player though overall.

Except McDavid nearly doubles Scheifele point total this past season.

And I like Scheifele but this is McDavid, even factoring in contracts.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer

Scheifele out scored McDavid in 2015-16.. Clearly hes the better player.. Wait Mcdavid was hurt.... oh okay that makes sense... Logical approach bud, try again harder next time.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Mcdavid. If they were the same age and Scheifele had the same contract than it might be close.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

Scheifele was hurt fir 1/4 of the season. If he plays a full season he gets 80 points and makes half the money mcdavid does.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Scheifele was hurt fir 1/4 of the season. If he plays a full season he gets 80 points and makes half the money mcdavid does.

So still a 30 point gap with Scheifele in his prime and McDavid still with room to grow.

Some people need to get over the idea that someone needs to have double the points to be worth double the salary. Having players in a higher tier is simply harder to find and it's often worth the extra money even if their affect on the team isn't as evident in their point total advantage. Would anyone seriously take Rakell over Scheifele for instance? His deal is just over 60% of the cap hit of Scheifele's and he's scored at just under 80% of his PPG the last two years combined (just under 90% this year)

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So still a 30 point gap with Scheifele in his prime and McDavid still with room to grow.

People need to get over the idea that someone needs to have double the points to be worth double the salary. Having players in a higher tier is simply harder to find and it's often worth the extra money even if their affect on the team isn't as evident in their point total advantage. Would anyone seriously take Rakell over Scheifele for instance? His deal is just over 60% of the cap hit of Scheifele's and he's scored at just under 80% of his PPG the last two years combined (just under 90% this year)
scheifele isn't in his prime yet, he's just entering it. he also plays with spectacular wingers. i'm not so sure mcdavid will have the talent around him to make his point totals higher to a certain enough point where he'd be definitely more valuable.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
scheifele isn't in his prime yet, he's just entering it. he also plays with spectacular wingers. i'm not so sure mcdavid will have the talent around him to make his point totals higher to a certain enough point where he'd be definitely more valuable.

Scheifele is 25 and has been a PPG player for two years. He's smack dab in the prime for most players, and while I wouldn't be surprised if he has a spike season in terms of points, it's unlikely he's going to significantly improve as a player in any meaningful way at this point.

Also, why would Scheifele's wingers helping his point totals be part of Scheifele's value and not the value of those wingers? If anything it shows that the gap between him and McDavid is larger than the point totals appear.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Scheifele was hurt, but lets not take that into account.

McDavid is extremely overrated on HF.

Back to back Art Rosses by 21 years old.

Only two people in the 100 year NHL history have done that: Gretzky and McDavid.

But yeah, extremely overrated you say.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Mick David ainec.

110-120 point center vs 70-80 point center for the next 5-6 years.

You easily pay 6 million more a year for what 97 gives you over 55

Reactions: snipes

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Back to back Art Ross trophies and somehow he's EXTREMELY OVERRATED.

Which is kinda funny coming from a guy with Matthews in his user name.
It was the name I was born with. I wouldn't be talking if my name was TAD.
Coming from a guy who's name is one syllable i cant take you seriously. But yeah McDavid is extremely overrated. Not even PPG in the playoffs.

Hard core EDM fan... Obviously biased. You probably think Talbot is an all star and Larson is a 1D.... Thats why Hall is getting more Hart votes then McOverrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad