McDavid is 3rd in points while Edmonton is 28th in NHL

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
As a Russian I really want to know what is wrong with McDavid? Is he secretly a lazy Russian like Ovechkin? Will he ever make a playoff again? After reading HFBoard I came to conclusion that the only explanation is his obvious lack of mental toughness, leadership and intangibles. Also, all his points means nothing, cause his team is not winning. He is scoring only when it is not important. When it really matters he never scores.

Did I miss something? I mean it is the only possible explanation. I am sure I cannot be wrong.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Play the victim card for Ovechkin if you want but 12 failed seasons with a team loaded with talent for at least the last 9 seasons and still unable to get his team past the 2nd rd ... Give the talent surrounding Ovechkin to McDavid and he gets his team past the 2nd rd

Team loaded with talent for at least the last 9 seasons? Go check the caps D before 14/15 and goaltending before 12/13 :laugh:

You must be 1 of those people who thinks it's OV's fault the caps lost to pens in 09 even though he averaged 2PPG for the series. And forget his 10pts in 7 GP, it's definitely his fault Semin and Green combined for 0 goals in 09/10. Oh and can't forget it's his fault Kuznetsov and all secondary scoring shit the bed in 15/16, nvm him getting more pts than Crosby and Malkin combined in the series... And let's definitely forget he has the highest playoff GPG among active players with 50+ GP (he has 97), despite facing the best goalie of the generation 33x.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Play the victim card for Ovechkin if you want but 12 failed seasons with a team loaded with talent for at least the last 9 seasons ... Give the talent surrounding Ovechkin to McDavid and he at least gets his team past the 2nd rd
Wayne Gretzky failed to win Stanley Cup 16 times. I would rather discuss this bigger loser. However this topic is not about Gretzky. It was clearly about McDavid.

Reactions: VainGretzky

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
McDavid is the best player in the league, it doesn't matter what his team is doing. Just like Ovechkin was the best player. He's doing his job, not his fault basically everyone else wet the bed.

Reactions: Future GOAT

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Something about the Oilers is weird this year -- for example, they've suddenly started scoring and playing better since their #1 defenceman, #2 defenceman, and #1 goalie are all out. It's like, I keep wanting to write them off, but they always come back and cling to life.

I still don't count them out of it. On any given night, they can look as good as they did near the end of last season. Things can change quicky.

And yeah, McDavid is pretty good. I swear, that kid needs to shoot the biscuit more, though. In the win in Montreal last weekend, McDavid had a 2-on-1 with Kassian (it's not exactly Jari Kurri, is it?). He made a perfect pass to Kassian... who tried to make an unlikely move and ended up with no shot on net. That's happened, like, 100 times in the past couple of seasons.

Shoot the puck, kid.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid is the best player in the league, it doesn't matter what his team is doing. Just like Ovechkin was the best player. He's doing his job, not his fault basically everyone else wet the bed.

Do we really think that still with all we know now.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Team loaded with talent for at least the last 9 seasons? Go check the caps D before 14/15 and goaltending before 12/13 :laugh:

You must be 1 of those people who thinks it's OV's fault the caps lost to pens in 09 even though he averaged 2PPG for the series. And forget his 10pts in 7 GP, it's definitely his fault Semin and Green combined for 0 goals in 09/10. Oh and can't forget it's his fault Kuznetsov and all secondary scoring **** the bed in 15/16, nvm him getting more pts than Crosby and Malkin combined in the series... And let's definitely forget he has the highest playoff GPG among active players with 50+ GP (he has 97), despite facing the best goalie of the generation 33x.
Go check the standings since 2008 regular season great playoff failure.... McDavid over Ovechkin easily

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I think when you lead the NHL in pts, goals, PPG and GPG over 3 seasons while winning 3 lindsays and 2 harts, you're the best player.

Crosby was the better coming into 2007/08 so OV had to catch up to him first. Then Crosby was busy getting his team to two SCFs with amazing playoff performances while still having very good regular season performances over that time.

Nothing was clear cut.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
If you want to limit the parameters to individual regular seasons then sure. The best player in the world is whoever won the Art or Hart trophy.
In many team sports passes/assists are not counts. Only goals. In case when they even counts, it usually only one 1st pass.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
That's a great story. WTF does have to do with your OP?
It has everything to do with your incorrect statement "in the world". I am not sure about which fantasy world you are talking about. In the real world the best player is usually the player who scored most of goals.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
It has everything to do with your incorrect statement "in the world". I am not sure about which fantasy world you are talking about. In the real world the best player is usually the player who scored most of goals.

It's fantasy to think that the hockey world has not recognized great playmaking as being right there with great goalscoring since the very start of the NHL.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
When you see a lot of people (on this forum) who seriously tell you that the Earth is flat (metaphorically speaking), you can't use subtle. It is not going to work.

I don't even know what this means.

I don't know why this thread exists exactly. McDavid is a pup compared to Ovechkin. Nobody was talking (lack of) team accomplishments for Ovechkin by just his third season. You're creating some weird false narrative that didn't exist back in 2008.

I'm not the type of fan who expects a single player to win championships. On the other hand, when you're the best player in the world for a time, or in the very least part of that conversation, one would expect you to make it at least the Conference Finals once by age 30 something.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad