Recalled/Assigned: McCarron recalled from Laval

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I remember making a poll on the main boards if they would rather have McCarron or the 15th overall pick. It was dead even. I don't even think we get a 5th now.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's ok, Timmins once drafted McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban in the same year.

That's a draft for the ages. The Habs best draft since 1987, and it needs to be acknowledged. The concerning thing is that the prospect pool has pretty much been in decline since. Granted, the Habs haven't had alot of high picks in recent years, but it needs to be better.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd still give him the last 10 games, but barring a miracle, I'd cut ties this summer in a trade or not qualifying him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This guy is useless. Saw it the first game he played in the NHL. Thought maybe he could survive in a 4th line role but he can’t even do that. Bust. Big bust.

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
poeling has proved nothing
another in the mcarron line...
big and dominated in minors based on size

his size means **** now

bust # 2

McCarron had trouble producing in Junior and in the AHL. I don't see them as similar at all.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Pretty much the reason the Habs lost tonight.

I wish other teams made bad draft picks sometimes too

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
poeling has proved nothing
another in the mcarron line...
big and dominated in minors based on size

his size means **** now

bust # 2

Just like McDonagh was another David Fischer. They're both defencemen from Minnesota, so clearly when McDonagh wasn't putting up big numbers, he must be the same as David Fischer.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
His skating is the problem, he is not overly talented but with his size he could be a wrecking ball if he could keep up.

He kept trying to force big hits and crush people instead of letting the game come to him... It was an awful awful game for him. He needs to play much much smarter... then his skating won't be as big an issue.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He kept trying to force big hits and crush people instead of letting the game come to him... It was an awful awful game for him. He needs to play much much smarter... then his skating won't be as big an issue.
I just find that he is late on hits due to his speed and it was not just tonight, it's something I have seen from him since he got here.

Reactions: WinterLion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad