McCabe on his way to Dallas

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
The Stars and Bruins have traded defenceman and young centerman
Associated Press
February 16, 2007 10:28:00 AM

Dallas, Texas. (AP) - After a dismal start to the season, the Dallas Stars have brought in a franchise defenceman to help anchor their defence in Bryan McCabe.

So far this season the Dallas Stars have not met up to the hype of the off season changes made by GM Laurens Thie.

"I just don't understand what this team is doing wrong out there. We've been doing a little better as of late, but I'm not happy with the performance of this team so far considering the amount of money we're spending on salaries. I've been forced to make a trade to land a guy in Bryan who can bring some leadingship and some scoring to our backend. This is the last trade I make to try to improve this team before I blow it up and start over again." stated Thie during a brief interview.

On the way to the Boston Bruins is young centerman Mikko Koivu, defenceman Nick Schultz, Dallas' 7th round pick in 2008

Going to Dallas is franchise defenceman Bryan McCabe, agitator Steve Ott, Boston's 6th round pick in 2008 as well as an undisclosed amount of cash.

This trade may just give Dallas the most agressive, hard nosed and agitating 4th lines in the NHL with Scottie Upshall, Steve Ott and Chris Neil slated to line up together in their first game together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad