McCabe is a Stone Cold Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
WHARF1940 said:
Holy christ, every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread, someone else takes it and makes it in another! This is very aggravating. This is the first part of "Two Questions"!
What ??

"every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread"

Well if you are worried about your consecutive point streak coming to an end .. No danger here with this one of yours .. :shakehead

myrocketsgotcracked

GregStack said:
Like another poster said, it's not a direct quote. For all you guys know the questions were "would you accept a 1 million dollar hard cap?" and he said "no". Which becomes "McCabe says he won't accept a hardcap".

For any of you to believe that he said those things straight up (or recently) makes me wonder why people ever try to have intelligent debates on here. (not that there have been many as of late)
if it was a quote from another player, then maybe i'll have doubts about it. but the fact that it came from mccabe? lets just say its very believable. unless you can prove otherwise, why not join this debate and bump up the intelligent level here? :)

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
jcorb58 said:
If these players cant live off what they make then they deserve to get a real job. I will be lucky to make 1 million in all my work career
WOW!!!!!!!
Either you need a really big raise or you're planning on retiring mighty young. :help:

BCCHL inactive

leaflover said:
WOW!!!!!!!
Either you need a really big raise or you're planning on retiring mighty young. :help:

If you make $50,000/year, it would take you 20 years to have gross lifetime earnings hit $1M. Given that we all pay taxes, it would take longer than that to earn a lifetime million...and not everybody makes $50,000/year.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Steve L said:
Thats a nice way to prove to everyone how ignorant and zenophobic you are.

So enlighten us. He was cut from his team and Euro message boards said he was struggling as are many other NHL players in Europe where many players are not standing out like many thought they would. The defensive minded NHL on the smaller ice surface that allows interference is not the best training ground for Euro hockey played on a larger surface and interference is still called.

Remember how poorly McCabe played for the Leafs 2 years ago during the crackdown on interference and his canopener move. He was called continually and McCabe isn't half the player when he has to play by the rules.

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
I'm guessing the "ignorance" comment was directed more at the "eurotrash" remark than at the "can't even play #6" remark! I was quite offended by the remark too!

And perhaps if most NHL players are struggling, then perhaps they are all over-reliant on lax refereeing, rather than being as good at hockey as everyone likes to think! Maybe the NHL isn't the premier league it seems to be! Then again, maybe it is! Maybe they're all just having trouble adjusting to the new style of play because it is radically different! There isn't enough evidence to judge, I suppose! Just a thought!

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
eye said:
So enlighten us. He was cut from his team and Euro message boards said he was struggling as are many other NHL players in Europe where many players are not standing out like many thought they would. The defensive minded NHL on the smaller ice surface that allows interference is not the best training ground for Euro hockey played on a larger surface and interference is still called.

Remember how poorly McCabe played for the Leafs 2 years ago during the crackdown on interference and his canopener move. He was called continually and McCabe isn't half the player when he has to play by the rules.
I agree, McCabe sucks but you totally missed the point of my post.

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
The Messenger said:
What ??

"every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread"

Well if you are worried about your consecutive point streak coming to an end .. No danger here with this one of yours .. :shakehead

My friend, I was simply saying that what you had written in your original post was what i was TRYING to say in a different thread on this board, that's all. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU!! :)

Crazy Lunatic

WHARF1940 said:
My friend, I was simply saying that what you had written in your original post was what i was TRYING to say in a different thread on this board, that's all. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU!! :)

When are you going to start making movies again? I loved "Wharf on Golf", it was hillarious!

mooseOAK*

eye said:

Yeah, he was only a second team all star last season.

Brent Burns Beard