McBackup on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Do you think there's any chance we see McElhinney in net against Washington? To maybe send a message to Andersen, or give him a chance to get his mind straight during a game off?

Part of me says there's zero chance, and it's likely to be like that. Reason being is Washington is on fire and is so explosive and 2 points are important, so you need your best out there.

But perhaps McElhinney could steal one. You never know. And it's not like Andersen has been playing like a true starter....yet.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
No way.

4-1 is Anderson's record. He was the better goalie in every game except the one where the most of the team took the night off.

Isn't this 4 wins against playoff teams from last season, two of which were on top of the division?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Andersen has been good... Not his fault most games are a track meet or we just make sloppy plays in front of him. Honestly if I were him I would be frustrated my G.A.A is so poor because my team is all out offence, no defence.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
No way.

4-1 is Anderson's record. He was the better goalie in every game except the one where the most of the team took the night off.

Isn't this 4 wins against playoff teams from last season, two of which were on top of the division?
3 wins against playoff teams. And no I don't think they should sit Andy when he wins. Terrible thing to do. "Hey you beat Carey Price and were the better goaltender, SIT DOWN!". Nah.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I assumed the responses would be like this. Again, I also don't know if I would do this myself, but the thought came to mind.

Andersen's numbers haven't been great, but our defense has also been bad.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Forget any discussion about numbers. We already know Babcock's pattern. Andersen in the first game, the backup in the second. McElhinney gets Detroit.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No way.

this doesn't matter because these teams drastically changed from last season to this season for worse. also, only 3 of his 4 wins were against playoff teams. Winnipeg wasn't a playoff team

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he had a relatively easy night against washington. any chance he starts against detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad