McAvoy slew foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I’m sure that’s what Wingels is saying.

Wingels did his job. He was our 13th/14th forward and that play, along with the previous boarding, pretty much gave game 1 to the Bruins and then got an legit X factor from the other team off the ice for 3 and a half games. I’ll take that trade all day.

He must have had those big boy pants up real high when he tried to decaptiate Marner with that vicious elbow:laugh:

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not even sure what you're trying to accomplish with your first point, it really adds nothing to the discussion and also makes no sense because I watched the entire game.
Considering your comments, about both the incident itself and not about not being able to judge it by "a gif", I find that quite surprising.

As others have pointed out here have, that was a classic slewfoot. Everyone saw it, the announcers called it exactly that as well. If you choose to ignore that then so be it.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Considering your comments, about both the incident itself and not about not being able to judge it by "a gif", I find that quite surprising.

As others have pointed out here have, that was a classic slewfoot. Everyone saw it, the announcers called it exactly that as well. If you choose to ignore that then so be it.
What comments are you even referring to? I never made any comments about not being able to judge it by a gif, I made a sarcastic response when you asked if I even watched the incident because its on the front page for everyone to see.

Thats great that announcers made you believe that they saw something. Their job is to be homers on the home broadcasts. I'm not ignoring anything, the person ignoring something in this thread is you. Numerous posters are posting the same thing that I'm seeing which is no foot contact to constitute a slew foot. It's not McAvoy's fault that Hyman is off balance after their skates initially collide, giving him the upper hand to out muscle him.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Didn't even touch him.

Reactions: Yeti34

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Thats great that announcers made you believe that they saw something. Their job is to be homers on the home broadcasts. I'm not ignoring anything, the person ignoring something in this thread is you. Numerous posters are posting the same thing that I'm seeing which is no foot contact to constitute a slew foot. It's not McAvoy's fault that Hyman is off balance after their skates initially collide, giving him the upper hand to out muscle him.
Watching a play and judging it against the rules of the sport made me believe something. That certainly seems a better basis for forming an opinion. That seems a better basis for forming an opinion then opinion polling this HF boards thread, which seems to be something you are constantly alluding to. I think the last lemming at the side of the cliff had a similar thought process.

When you make a snarky comment about not even wanting to watch the play posted here before making a judgment, and more than that, then start criticizing the comments of others, you shouldn't be surprised if people are less then receptive to your counter argument.

And you can see McAvoy kick Hyman's legs out from under him. That was no passive and unavoidable collision.

Fortunately that stunt didn't seriously injure Hyman.

Last edited:

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Didn't even touch him.
Right... aside from the slewfoot. Which you can clearly see in the video.

It is like trying to have a discussion with O'Brien here. Categorically denying something doesn't actually change the evidence. The sheer amount of double-think by some fans here is staggering.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Shockingly the League hasn't shown any signs they are going to review. Just as shockingly the League also hasn't shown any signs they are going to review the library of work one poster put together in the Marchand thread.

Clearly this is a conspiracy. Maybe we should lock up the McAvoy and Marchand thread whine fests (or, as many refer to them: "the ****ing Toronto Whine Mixer" ) and replace it with a post that we can all agree on......

"Toronto Maple Leafs are best team in NHL history, despite the League being out to get them, and despite other fans in the League not giving them enough credit"

Maybe we can add a poll:

Toronto is a) awesome, b) awesome, or c) awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!! :laugh:

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Shockingly the League hasn't shown any signs they are going to review. Just as shockingly the League also hasn't shown any signs they are going to review the library of work one poster put together in the Marchand thread.

Clearly this is a conspiracy. Maybe we should lock up the McAvoy and Marchand thread whine fests (or, as many refer to them: "the ****ing Toronto Whine Mixer" ) and replace it with a post that we can all agree on......

"Toronto Maple Leafs are best team in NHL history, despite the League being out to get them, and despite other fans in the League not giving them enough credit"

Maybe we can add a poll:

Toronto is a) awesome, b) awesome, or c) awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!! :laugh:

No option D) all of the above.

Typical biased Boston fan :shakehead:shakehead

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No option D) all of the above.

Typical biased Boston fan :shakehead:shakehead
Fair enough. I would like to apologize to all -- sometimes I just get jealous of all the awesomeness and lash out inappropriately. I'm working on it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Nothing from the NHL, let’s focus on the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->