McAvoy slew foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Are people even looking at the clip closely? At first it looks like McAvoy skate is riding forward like a slew foot but if you pay attention you see it end up to the left of Hyman's leg (not inside it like a slew foot) and what causes him to go down is McAvoy pulling on his shoulder.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Mcavoy never got his skate behind that dude. Just leveraged him with his shoulder. Is it a penalty for interference? Sure. But the refs swallowed their whistles all game long unless it was very egregious or a delay of game off the boards
Hymen has the puck. How could it possibly be called interference. LOL lock this embarrassing thread up. He simply knocked him on his ass which is what he supposed to do.

Reactions: missingchicklet

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Hymen has the puck. How could it possibly be called interference. LOL lock this embarrassing thread up. He simply knocked him on his ass which is what he supposed to do.
I mean it is.. you can't just grab a guy from his shoulders and throw him back.. but that's not the point of this thread. It wasn't a slew foot. /End

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I mean it is.. you can't just grab a guy from his shoulders and throw him back.. but that's not the point of this thread. It wasn't a slew foot. /End
Hymen is carrying the puck and he hits him. In what world could this possibly be called interference? Oh yeah I forgot HF world.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Absolutely barbaric. He should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs and the entirety of next season.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
I think NHL hasn't changed their rules, you still have to actually kick someones legs from behind while pulling them backwards for it to be considered slewfooting.

Which doesn't happen here.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Mcavoy never got his skate behind that dude. Just leveraged him with his shoulder. Is it a penalty for interference? Sure. But the refs swallowed their whistles all game long unless it was very egregious or a delay of game off the boards
How about a two-handed baseball swing?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
No, it didn’t.

Sweet flop by Hyman though. Give it a 9.3. Bravo hymen, nice work — looks like it isn’t first time for him.
Hyman doesn't dive. Ever. He just falls down...a lot. Seriously, I've never seen a player fall so much in my life. And it's usually for no reason. It's hilarious because he's a great skater and seems to bounce off contact like it's nothing.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
How about a two-handed baseball swing?

In a vacuum or in the context of that particular play? In a vacuum I’d say probably shouldn’t do that. That play was marchand shooting after the whistle..not allowed; then Rielly cross checking him in the boards, not allowed, then the marchand slash; not allowed. But all things considered just kind of a playoff hockey scrum. Deserves 2,got 2. Not like he hurt him. Just across the shin pads. Pretty harmless.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
In a vacuum or in the context of that particular play? In a vacuum I’d say probably shouldn’t do that. That play was marchand shooting after the whistle..not allowed; then Rielly cross checking him in the boards, not allowed, then the marchand slash; not allowed. But all things considered just kind of a playoff hockey scrum. Deserves 2,got 2. Not like he hurt him. Just across the shin pads. Pretty harmless.
You can't swing your stick like a baseball bat. There's intent there. It's dirty. That's definitely not your typical scrum play. Not exactly a tap on the shins. He certainly should have gotten the extra 2. Riellys retaliation is likely the only reason why but he didn't even make contact from what I saw. That shit is dangerous and stupid.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
The slew foot was not there. Learn what a slew foot is. This is silly.

Oh come on. I dont think its anymore than a penalty and a warning, but you can clearly see McAvoys skate "stutter" which happens due to the contact of the skate on Hyman. Just because the leg doesnt maintain the contact when Hyman's skates go flying up doesnt mean he didnt use his foot.

Clear penalty. If Hyman was injured on the play i guarantee you it wouldve been looked at by the DoPS. Since there was no injury, they'll see it as a missed penalty call.

If you want to say that the arm caused Hyman to fall, fine. However it was at least an attempted slewfoot and I believe he made contact with his skate.

Once again, I think its nothing more rhan a penalty. However the blatant "theres nothing to see here" posts are ridiculous.

Last edited:

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
He made the movement of a slew foot, but his skate didnt even touch Hymans skate/leg, his leg was on the outside of his the entire time, so how is it a slew foot? He just pushed him over lol

Reactions: BruinLVGA

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not a slewfoot. For a slewfoot, iirc, the plaeyer needs to have his skate behind that of the opposing player and pull him back such that he trips over the player's skate. McAvoy's foot is in front of Hyman while he pulls him back. Simply pulls him down.
Agree. One thing I would add his McAvoy's skate entends out under Hyman as McAvoy is reaching for the puck and this skate contacts Hyman's skate as Hyman is trying to move his feet. The biggest impact was thigh on thigh. Hyman's feet get tangled since he's now off balance trying to rotate and play the puck and when he gets pulled back and he down goes because he doesn't have his balance.

It's a minor penalty at most, but not a slew foot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Agree. One thing I would add his McAvoy's skate entends out under Hyman as McAvoy is reaching for the puck and this skate contacts Hyman's skate as Hyman is trying to move his feet. Hyman's feet get tangled since he's now off balance and when he gets pulled back and he down goes because he doesn't have his balance.

It's a minor penalty at most, but not a slew foot.
I'm still confused where people see a minor penalty. He finishes his check moments after Hyman dumps the puck. What penalty could be called here? 2 minutes for pushing?

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad