McArdle vs Bourret vs Setoguchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Hi!

I would like to know what you think about those 3 guys. Where will they go in the draft. How do they compare to each other. And please can you make projection.

I really think that Colorado would be lucky to land one of these guys because players with that talent, caracter and determination dont come very often. Plus having the worst farm system they really need it.

I also beleive that Colorado is now on reconstruction mode.

Thanks

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
In Eastside Hockey manager which is a GM simulated game like (Seasonticket baseball or ball mogul) in a few different franchise modes i've gone through for 10 years, Setoguchi is always ranked around 20-30 on the ISS list but becomes a #1 rw a few years after the draft. I have drafted him everytime late 1st or early 2nd and he comes up big for me.

I know that doesn't mean much here though.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
I can only give opinions on Setoguchi and McArdle. I'm obviously biased, but I personally like Setoguchi more. He is both physical and talented, kind of like a bigger, more talented Jordin Tootoo minus the charging. He hits a lot, but also has the shot and the stickhandling to score in the WHL and likely the NHL. From what I've seen McArdle has only the offensive part of the game, though I haven't seen him since earlier in the season. Who you put first between the two doesn't really matter as I think talent wise they are very close to each other.

In my opinion however, Setoguchi > McArdle... Bourret is probably ahead of Setoguchi.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
At the start of the season we were hearing how Setoguchi would be a 2nd rounder, but after watching him a few times this year I'm pretty sure he'll go in the 10-15 range. The guy has offensive instincts and an NHL body(despite his height). I hear he's pretty streaky though.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
dem said:
At the start of the season we were hearing how Setoguchi would be a 2nd rounder, but after watching him a few times this year I'm pretty sure he'll go in the 10-15 range. The guy has offensive instincts and an NHL body(despite his height). I hear he's pretty streaky though.

I know. Didnt he score like 12 goals in the first 17 games and then went cold for another 8 or 9 games? Anyway, he's doing good now, if he keeps it up he should land around the 15-20 range.

Overall

Bourret>Setoguchi>MacArdle

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
He is guilty of being somewhat streaky, though he can be downright dominant in some games. He is constantly doing something on the ice though whether that be hitting or scoring. I would be surprised to see him go top 10, but with a good showing at the Top Prospects Game and a decent rest of the season/playoffs then I think he is capable of going in the 10-20 range for sure.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Skill Wise:

McArdle > Bourret > Setoguchi

Heart Wise:

Setoguchi > Bourret > McArdle

Overall:
Bourret > McArdle > Setoguchi

CH Wizard

Mccardle more skilled then Bourret !??! Don't think so.

Skill wise:

Bourret>Mccardle>Setoguchi

Best shot :

Setoguchi>Mcardle>Bourret

Heart wise , agree with fedz.

Overall : Bourret(duh)>Mcardle>Setoguchi

I liked what I saw from Setoguchi , though.I hope the habs will draft this gritty forward.He's also a leader , he has limited playmaking skills but his wrist/slapshot is crazy !

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
trahans99 said:
In Eastside Hockey manager which is a GM simulated game like (Seasonticket baseball or ball mogul) in a few different franchise modes i've gone through for 10 years, Setoguchi is always ranked around 20-30 on the ISS list but becomes a #1 rw a few years after the draft. I have drafted him everytime late 1st or early 2nd and he comes up big for me.

I know that doesn't mean much here though.

Where can I get that eastside hockey manager??? I heard it's awesome.. let me know thanks..

Ktownhockey

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Bourret > Setoguchi > McArdle

Bourret has the best vision out of the three and I think that's the most important part to succeed at the NHL level. He is also the most energetic.

Setoguchi really impressed me at the Prospects game, he was playing an in-your-face style of hockey and layed a monster hit.

MacArdle, except for one hit was not strong enough in the corners and one of his goal was a total fluke. He had a nice set of hands too.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
fredez said:
Bourret > Setoguchi > McArdle

Bourret has the best vision out of the three and I think that's the most important part to succeed at the NHL level. He is also the most energetic.

Setoguchi really impressed me at the Prospects game, he was playing an in-your-face style of hockey and layed a monster hit.

MacArdle, except for one hit was not strong enough in the corners and one of his goal was a total fluke. He had a nice set of hands too.

You get it right imo.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I was laughed at when I had him going 8th overall in my mock top 10. Now people say he goes 10-20 maybe.

:)

Makes me feel good. I like being right when I say someone will turn it around and play their ass off.

He's definately one of my favorite players in a long time...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Reveille! said:
I was laughed at when I had him going 8th overall in my mock top 10. Now people say he goes 10-20 maybe.

:)

Makes me feel good. I like being right when I say someone will turn it around and play their ass off.

He's definately one of my favorite players in a long time...

who are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad