Mayweather vs McGregor Pt II

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pfft. Boxing is a sport, with rules. Floyd competed within the rules and found ways to win, to a virtually unprecedented extreme. If you don't like his style, great. That doesn't mean he's very much in the conversation of the "TBE", if not the best ever. TBE doesn't mean your favourite fighter ever.

The bolded part is straight up dumb.

Floyd Mayweather is light years away from even being in the the best ever conversation, and you saying he's the best ever outright says all I need to know about your opinion. It's bad. Like really bad. Like millennials thinking LeBron is better than Jordan bad.

And who here recalls Larry Holmes and talks about his accomplishments today? Guy went to 48-0 and dominated the heavyweight scene for years because he didn't really have anyone to challenge him. Just like Floyd.

As I've said all along, about the only thing Floyd rump swabs have to cling to is that he made a bunch of money because he certainly was not involved in any memorable fights.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Floyd Mayweather is light years away from even being in the the best ever conversation

Light years? Seriously? He's in a conversation with maybe a dozen or so other athletes in the history of the sport. And if you put the guy in his prime into a time machine, competing against past greats at their primes, I think the results would have been very much in Floyd's favour more often than not.

and you saying he's the best ever outright says all I need to know about your opinion

I never said he was the best ever outright. I never said anything even closely resembling that. I simply said his success rate is virtually unprecedented, which it absolutely is.

It's bad. Like really bad. Like millennials thinking LeBron is better than Jordan bad

LBJ is likely in the top 10 in NBA history. And if you put the guy in his prime into a time machine, competing against past greats at their primes, I think the results would have been very much in Lebron's favour more often than not.

And who here recalls Larry Holmes and talks about his accomplishments today? Guy went to 48-0 and dominated the heavyweight scene for years because he didn't really have anyone to challenge him. Just like Floyd.

As I've said all along, about the only thing Floyd rump swabs have to cling to is that he made a bunch of money because he certainly was not involved in any memorable fights(4).

In my mind that speaks more about his greatness, not less. It's a testament to his greatness that his contemporaries couldn't contend with his abilities well enough to make a single fight interesting.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Light years? Seriously? He's in a conversation with maybe a dozen or so other athletes in the history of the sport. And if you put the guy in his prime into a time machine, competing against past greats at their primes, I think the results would have been very much in Floyd's favour more often than not.

I never said he was the best ever outright. I never said anything even closely resembling that. I simply said his success rate is virtually unprecedented, which it absolutely is.

LBJ is likely in the top 10 in NBA history. And if you put the guy in his prime into a time machine, competing against past greats at their primes, I think the results would have been very much in Lebron's favour more often than not.

In my mind that speaks more about his greatness, not less. It's a testament to his greatness that his contemporaries couldn't contend with his abilities well enough to make a single fight interesting.

No, he's not. He's in the conversation as greatest defensive fighter in the sport, but nowhere close to being considered the GOAT.

Of course LeBron would win more, of course he would...:laugh:

And no, it speaks to the lack of quality opponents he faced, falsely inflating his record, because he fought marginal guys on most nights, and complete bags of **** the rest of the time. Where are the all time greats he battled? He didn't, and that hurts his claims as GOAT.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No, he's not. He's in the conversation as greatest defensive fighter in the sport, but nowhere close to being considered the GOAT.

And no, it speaks to the lack of quality opponents he faced, falsely inflating his record, because he fought marginal guys on most nights, and complete bags of **** the rest of the time. Where are the all time greats he battled? He didn't, and that hurts his claims as GOAT.

I'm far from a Floyd fan, but I gotta give credit where it's due, the guy is a genius in the ring and is certainly in the conversation for one of the best ever. He had good power in his pretty boy Floyd days but his hands became brittle and worn out over time so he adapted.

I also think people saying how he didn't fight any great boxers needs to stop. He's beaten Maidana x2, Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao (although this ****ing fight should've happened in 2009, **** you Floyd), Mosley, De La Hoya, etc.

There isn't really anybody he ducked, besides prime Pacquiao. If anything, De La Hoya could've faced him in his prime but instead he waited until he was old so he was the one who ducked Floyd. If you want to criticize the entire class of boxers and say they were all junk then I suppose you're entitled to that :dunno: But you can't deny what the man has accomplished. Hell, you watch his fights and I think he's only been knocked down clean maybe once or twice? He took a Mosley bomb and still didn't go down. His chin is godlike, along with his head movement, footwork and hand speed.

And again, far from a Floyd fanboy, I think the guy is a piece of garbage as a person, and I'm also a UFC fan first and foremost, I'm just trying to be objective here.

Reactions: amj h

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

His level of boxing is so masterful that guy like you can't understand it.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria

If you don't think a time traveling prime Lebron would be just as dominant as other GOAT candidates if he went back and played alongside them in earlier eras of the NBA, if not moreso, I don't know if you really understand basketball.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you don't think a time traveling prime Lebron would be just as dominant as other GOAT candidates if he went back and played alongside them in earlier eras of the NBA, if not moreso, I don't know if you really understand basketball.

Love how every time someone disagrees with millennials, the first thing they do is discredit the other person and say they don't know whatever sport they're arguing. It's standard operating procedure.

Ironically, the NBA today is an incredibly watered down version of what it was in the 70's and 80's. Much like the NHL today. Players back then had to fight for every inch of space, unlike today where if they get sneezed on, it's a flagrant 2.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They were all scrubs playing against other scrubs. LeBron would murder fools.

LeBrfon would cry himself to sleep after the first time he was clothes lined going in for a breakaway dunk. And while I am not a Jordan fan, there is literally no comparison between the two.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Lol as if your posts weren't ridiculous enough, this nonsense about LeBron has taken it to a new level :laugh:

LeBron purely on his combination of size, strength and athleticism would destroy pretty much anything the history of the NBA could put in front of him.

Your posts smack of nothing more than an old man who will always think the relics of his time were better.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Love how every time someone disagrees with millennials, the first thing they do is discredit the other person and say they don't know whatever sport they're arguing. It's standard operating procedure.

Ironically, the NBA today is an incredibly watered down version of what it was in the 70's and 80's. Much like the NHL today. Players back then had to fight for every inch of space, unlike today where if they get sneezed on, it's a flagrant 2.

Love how every time someone has a nostalgic bent towards a time long gone that clouds their view of the present, they discredit the other person with the "millennial" label in the pejorative sense.

Not sure what gave you the impression I'm a millennial. I'm 36 years old.

Lebron's size and strength would be ridiculous in any incarnation of the NBA. He would definitely have to adapt to the more physical play, but with his size, strength, speed, good luck containing him physically. Then there's all the intangibles related to his basketball sense. His passing, ball handling, ability to finish, and more recently his shooting range.

If you're talking about greatness relative to peers, you could maybe make an argument that he's not in the top 10 GOAT. It'd be very highly disputed though, and rightfully so. But Lebron in a time machine not in the GOAT discussion? Nonsense.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Love how every time someone has a nostalgic bent towards a time long gone that clouds their view of the present, they discredit the other person with the "millennial" label in the pejorative sense.

Not sure what gave you the impression I'm a millennial. I'm 36 years old.

Lebron's size and strength would be ridiculous in any incarnation of the NBA. He would definitely have to adapt to the more physical play, but with his size, strength, speed, good luck containing him physically. Then there's all the intangibles related to his basketball sense. His passing, ball handling, ability to finish, and more recently his shooting range.

If you're talking about greatness relative to peers, you could maybe make an argument that he's not in the top 10 GOAT. It'd be very highly disputed though, and rightfully so. But Lebron in a time machine not in the GOAT discussion? Nonsense.

I'm sorry, I saw the sniveling, arrogant, condescension directed at anyone that disagrees with you here and assumed you were a millennial. I guess you act younger than you really are...:naughty:

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
LeBrfon would cry himself to sleep after the first time he was clothes lined going in for a breakaway dunk. And while I am not a Jordan fan, there is literally no comparison between the two.
Not saying he is better than Jordan but LeBron would annihilate anyone in front of him. He's literally one of the most athletic human beings on the damn planet.

Just because he can't or doesn't play that way with today's ruleset, doesn't mean he can't or wouldn't.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm sorry, I saw the sniveling, arrogant, condescension directed at anyone that disagrees with you here and assumed you were a millennial. I guess you act younger than you really are...:naughty:

lol, you mean calmly articulating sound arguments?

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
You feel free to tell yourself whatever will help you sleep at night...:laugh:

You're the one veering away from the subject with "millennial" jabs and posts like the one above, likely due to a lack of reasonable arguments to support your position. Several of us have tried leading you to water. Good luck.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You're the one veering away from the subject with "millennial" jabs and posts like the one above, likely due to a lack of reasonable arguments to support your position. Several of us have tried leading you to water. Good luck.

I've more than supported my argument, and the logic behind it was clear and based in fact. Whether you agree with me or not, the claim that I didn't provide an argument to support why Mayweather isn't the best ever, or the GOAT is patently false.

And the jabs started with you after you quoted a post of mine and said it was "dumb". Huge value add to the discussion on your part, BTW. All I did in return was make an assumption based off your incredibly clever response and opinion as to your age. You proved me wrong that it wasn't an opinion based on lifespan but on a complete lack of understanding and knowledge of both boxing and the NBA. So again, that's not me taking a jab. That's just you being you.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I've more than supported my argument, and the logic behind it was clear and based in fact. Whether you agree with me or not, the claim that I didn't provide an argument to support why Mayweather isn't the best ever, or the GOAT is patently false.

And the jabs started with you after you quoted a post of mine and said it was "dumb". Huge value add to the discussion on your part, BTW. All I did in return was make an assumption based off your incredibly clever response and opinion as to your age. You proved me wrong that it wasn't an opinion based on lifespan but on a complete lack of understanding and knowledge of both boxing and the NBA. So again, that's not me taking a jab. That's just you being you.

I'd love to see you name even 10 people that would clearly outshine a prime LeBron James in any era of basketball.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd love to see you name even 10 people that would clearly outshine a prime LeBron James in any era of basketball.

Why are you trying to move the goalposts? I didn't say I could name 10, or 20, or 100 players better than LeBron. I said one guy. I said Jordan was better. So you asking me to give you a list of 10 players for something I never said? I'm just going to ignore that request. :laugh:

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Why are you trying to move the goalposts? I didn't say I could name 10, or 20, or 100 players better than LeBron. I said one guy. I said Jordan was better. So you asking me to give you a list of 10 players for something I never said? I'm just going to ignore that request. :laugh:

You directly questioned my statement that LeBron was absolutely top-10 all time.

like seriously what on earth

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You directly questioned my statement that LeBron was absolutely top-10 all time.

Reading comprehension, my friend. I've said Lebron was not better than Jordan all along. When you mentioned top ten, I returned it back to LeBron vs Jordan. So again, why would I give a crap to justify or invalidate an argument that I didn't put forth? It makes no sense.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

Lol welcome to the LSCll goalpost moving technique.

His act is beyond predictable at this point. Scramble in whatever direction he can to justify his biased opinions.

Why he does not just simply own the fact he is biased is beyond me, we can all appreciate simply not liking someone, but this guy will jump all over the place to try to justify his nonsense lol.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lol welcome to the LSCll goalpost moving technique.

His act is beyond predictable at this point. Scramble in whatever direction he can to justify his biased opinions.

Why he does not just simply own the fact he is biased is beyond me, we can all appreciate simply not liking someone, but this guy will jump all over the place to try to justify his nonsense lol.

A day in the life of this discussion:

LSCII: I don't think FM is the GOAT because his defensive style, lack of quality opponents, and lack of interest offense in for most of his fights.
Morozovovov: You never give any reasons for your opinion...
LSCII: I just did, again.
Morozov: you constantly move the goalposts...
LSCII: ?
Morozov: He's the bestest because he's made the mostest monies...
LSCII: ?

Rinse and repeat. A million more times.

I mean at this point, it's like Groundhog Day. You disagree with me, which is fine, but you constantly confuse your disagreement on this with being factually correct. You're not. It's just like, your opinion, man. Same as mine.

But sure, go ahead and tell me he's the best because of how much money he has. On the 5,456th time you invoke that argument, it will finally break through and be true...:naughty:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It's hilarious that you think this is how that played out. You really do live in your own world lol.

I never once even said Floyd is the best lol, what was that you were saying about reading comprehension? Obviously not a trait you have because I have never said this, in fact I very clearly stated in this thread who the GOAT is to me.

Please, Mr reading comprehension, do show me where I said Floyd is the best. I'll wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->