Mayweather vs McGregor Pt II

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yes, I'm just figuring out this was about money now, despite saying that from the jump. :laugh:

Again, I had no problem with the cash grab. I had no issues with them pretending it was a real fight even though everyone with any common sense knew what it was. I had no problem with Floyd carrying McGregor longer than he really needed to either. I also have no issues with saying it was a good display by McGregor because while he was never in it in any actuality, he put on a decent show. He tried hard and he pressed forward. He threw more punches than I thought he would, trying to make it a real fight. It wasn't but that's not his fault. It was the fault of the people offering him that amount of money to ever be there.

What I do have an issue with is how Floyd handled himself on ESPN after the fight. Acting like he'd accomplished something special when everyone in the world not named Mayweather or McGregor recognized this was a sham. That was some so pathetic and sad that it was laughable. I also have an issue with him not fighting a real boxer to go to 50-0. Celebrating that "win" like it was meaningful showed me how delusional the guy really is. It's an empty win. Again, it was pathetic.

If you already knew what it was, you wouldn't need to be asking why he wasn't fighting another Boxer like you were earlier in the thread.

You'd also not be spouting this nonsense about how he chose McGregor rather than an actual Boxer because he was scared. If you realise this is about money, and surely you realise that nobody else would present the opportunity to make this much money, then you must also realise that explanation doesn't stack up.

Again, athletes that are full of themselves, who knew :laugh:

Imagine celebrating when you've just made 300 million dollars.

When they interviewed him post fight about the record he had very little to say about it. But you don't seem to acknowledge that.

He's also said in the past, when he hit 49, that he hoped someone else would come along and beat it, but you don't want to acknowledge that either.

Of course, he'll now live off the 50-0, make a bunch more money trademarking it and selling merch for it regardless of how he got it and you'll moan about it, but it will work for him. He'll make money from it. But the "it works for him" argument only applies to you when it comes to McGregor, not with Floyd. As we saw previously where you justified McGregor's actions by saying it works for him. Floyd is a businessman, he's a promoter, the money making ventures don't just end in the ring. All the talk, the image, it's all part of the money making plan. You say it's pathetic, he's laughing while those 50-0 shirts are getting printed to generate even more money. Who is the pathetic one, the guy sitting on the internet moaning incessantly or the guy out there making more money than you'll ever come close to seeing in your life?

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Floyd is a businessman, he's a promoter, the money making ventures don't just end in the ring. All the talk, the image, it's all part of the money making plan. You say it's pathetic, he's laughing while those 50-0 shirts are getting printed to generate even more money. Who is the pathetic one, the guy sitting on the internet moaning incessantly or the guy out there making more money than you'll ever come close to seeing in your life?

Haha, this one burned the whole conversation :laugh: #FACTS

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you already knew what it was, you wouldn't need to be asking why he wasn't fighting another Boxer like you were earlier in the thread.

You'd also not be spouting this nonsense about how he chose McGregor rather than an actual Boxer because he was scared. If you realise this is about money, and surely you realise that nobody else would present the opportunity to make this much money, then you must also realise that explanation doesn't stack up.

Again, athletes that are full of themselves, who knew :laugh:

Imagine celebrating when you've just made 300 million dollars.

When they interviewed him post fight about the record he had very little to say about it. But you don't seem to acknowledge that.

He's also said in the past, when he hit 49, that he hoped someone else would come along and beat it, but you don't want to acknowledge that either.

Of course, he'll now live off the 50-0, make a bunch more money trademarking it and selling merch for it regardless of how he got it and you'll moan about it, but it will work for him. He'll make money from it. But the "it works for him" argument only applies to you when it comes to McGregor, not with Floyd. As we saw previously where you justified McGregor's actions by saying it works for him. Floyd is a businessman, he's a promoter, the money making ventures don't just end in the ring. All the talk, the image, it's all part of the money making plan. You say it's pathetic, he's laughing while those 50-0 shirts are getting printed to generate even more money. Who is the pathetic one, the guy sitting on the internet moaning incessantly or the guy out there making more money than you'll ever come close to seeing in your life?

:laugh:

Literally the weakest argument from you yet. You can't debate the point because it's true. The guy acted like he'd just beaten Ivan Drago, FFS, so you resort to saying he's made more money than you. WOW. OH NOES. A professional athlete that gets paid millions of dollars made more monies than me? No ****? Just because you were dumb enough to waste your money on this **** show and you willingly contributed your money to him, don't take that out on me.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Debate what, that many athletes have giant egos lol? Yeah the rest of the world came to this realisation years ago lol, congrats on catching up. Nobody is denying Floyd thinks very highly of himself, again, as Floyd has said, he hasn't done this his whole life to say someone else is better than him. It's not OK for him apparently, so I ask you again, yet another question you duck, why aren't you calling out Conor the self proclaimed God for being clearly not? Do you care that Kobe thinks he was better than MJ?

Again, when they asked him post fight about the record he made very little of it and praised Marciano. You ignore this.

Again, when he hit 49 he said he hopes someone else comes along and beats it, you ignore this.

Athlete with huge ego talks a lot after making 300 million dollars, in other news water is wet.

Oh no I spent 10 bucks when splitting this with some friends, that's not at all a big deal for me, I'm an adult lol. I got my 10 dollars worth.

"it works for him" that's what you said about Conor right? What Floyd does works even better for him. But this is your continued double standard against Mayweather. How long until the real truth comes out I wonder.

Irrelevant old man moaning nonsense on Internet forum thinks mega millionaire undefeated Boxing Superstar is a ***** and pathetic lol, just let that sink in.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm not debating anything here. I've said all along what my view was, you just can't accept it and keep responding, trying to defend nonsense like you're related to the guy or something. :laugh:

In fact, I'd say you and Asjunta are in the running for being the biggest Floyd apologist/fanboys here. Between the two of you, there's literally no credibility and objectivity on anything either of you has written. I've been more than upfront since the jump that I'm not a fan of the guy's and I think he's grossly overrated to start with, yet I have no problem admitting he's a great defensive fighter and while I hate the style he uses, it's been very successful. My issue with the guy is and always will be with his style, and again, I've admitted that many times here. Why can't you admit why you defend the guy so frequently, even when the criticisms being leveled are accurate? I think everyone knows why, even if you won't say it.

But hey, I'll wait for you to respond by talking about how much money the guy has made and how that proves everyone wrong. :sarcasm:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
From the outset, I questioned your post saying he should do things a different way by pointing out the numerous reasons why that makes zero sense. Throughout, you have yet to provide any justification why Floyd should do anything differently beyond some rubbish about "legacy".

It's one thing to just say I don't like the guy, it's another to suggest the undefeated fighter who has made around a billion dollars should be doing differently.

"it works for him" is the summary for McGregor, yet for Floyd that argument doesn't hold up with you.

The fact you think you can call out peoples credibility after the way you've been embarrassed in here is an even bigger joke. Multiple people have pointed out how ridiculous the posts you've made in here are. Oh no, I wouldn't want the guy who has zero credibility to be questioning mine. Perhaps you'd like to flip your virtual penis on the virtual table next lol.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
From the outset, I questioned your post saying he should do things a different way by pointing out the numerous reasons why that makes zero sense. Throughout, you have yet to provide any justification why Floyd should do anything differently beyond some rubbish about "legacy".

It's one thing to just say I don't like the guy, it's another to suggest the undefeated fighter who has made around a billion dollars should be doing differently.

"it works for him" is the summary for McGregor, yet for Floyd that argument doesn't hold up with you.

The fact you think you can call out peoples credibility after the way you've been embarrassed in here is an even bigger joke. Multiple people have pointed out how ridiculous the posts you've made in here are. Oh no, I wouldn't want the guy who has zero credibility to be questioning mine. Perhaps you'd like to flip your virtual penis on the virtual table next lol.

Oh for Christ's sake. Just say it. Just be honest what this noise is all about. Why you rush to defend everything about Floyd. Just come out and say it one time. I mean, it's so ****ing obvious at this point that it's absurd you won't just be honest. I bolded the truth for you, just be honest for once. This has never been about Floyd for you, at all...:laugh:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
What on earth are you dribbling about now.

The bolded is just pointing out the double standard that you've shown multiple times in this thread, as I've pointed out multiple times, is this another thing you're finally catching up on?

As I said from the outset, my point, as you'll see if you go back to the beginning, is that the suggestion that Floyd should change how he does things is stupid.

And still that point remains and all you've done is hide from it except for your worthless one word response that you did nothing to support.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What on earth are you dribbling about now.

The bolded is just pointing out the double standard that you've shown multiple times in this thread, as I've pointed out multiple times, is this another thing you're finally catching up on?

As I said from the outset, my point, as you'll see if you go back to the beginning, is that the suggestion that Floyd should change how he does things is stupid.

And still that point remains and all you've done is hide from it except for your worthless one word response that you did nothing to support.

I'm dribbling about the truth. This isn't about Mayweather for you, as it's really about McGregor. Why you won't admit it is beyond me, but whatever.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I'm dribbling about the truth. This isn't about Mayweather for you, as it's really about McGregor. Why you won't admit it is beyond me, but whatever.

Lol what? I think McGregor is awesome :laugh:

You couldn't be further off the mark, once again.

Just because I'm not fawning over him for "lasting" 10 rounds in a completely one sided fight with a 40 year old man who was retired for 2 years and needs shots in his hands because they're so busted doesn't mean I don't like McGregor. There's no shame in that for him, what happened is what was expected, I'm just not inclined to be showering him in praise for that.

I think he's wildly entertaining. Some of his fans are overboard (like the ones who were declaring he would KO Floyd) but that's not his fault. You can say that about the fans of anything. I do think it's a bit whack that he gets these belts and hasn't defended them, but for the money that was on offer I can't fault someone for that at all. Just like I can't fault Floyd at all for getting 300 million. But that was another example of your double standard, you criticised Floyd for this while justifying it for Conor because he's "made peanuts" lol.

I'm embarrassed for you that this is the best you could come up with :laugh: The fact that you, and others, have this double standard where what he does is OK and what Floyd does isn't doesn't mean I don't like Conor, it means I like what both of them do. I love the trash talkers who back it up.

Just because you're incapable of a rational discussion on this subject because of your clear anti Floyd agenda doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

This is just yet another pathetic attempt from you to try to move the posts around, as you've done consistently through this whole campaign. The fact you keep going on with how many times you've made yourself look foolish in here is valiant I'll give you that, but this is the stupidest retort yet. You really have zero clue.

As I've pointed out to you multiple times (this seems to be a common theme, things get pointed out to you dozens of times and you're incapable of soaking them in, maybe this is another thing that in a month you'll finally come to the realisation) that my initial response to you stemmed from your suggestion that Floyd should do things differently. To which I pointed out how stupid this is because the results, the money and the health speak much louder than anything you're saying, and you still are yet to make an good argument otherwise. That has absolutely zero to do with McGregor. How you've jumped to this conclusion I have zero clue lol.

I'm just trying to do the math here. I think your opinion that Mayweather should have been more aggressive/fought a different style in his career is clueless because I have some anti McGregor agenda lol?

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lol what? I think McGregor is awesome :laugh:

You couldn't be further off the mark, once again.

Just because I'm not fawning over him for "lasting" 10 rounds in a completely one sided fight with a 40 year old man who was retired for 2 years and needs shots in his hands because they're so busted doesn't mean I don't like McGregor. There's no shame in that for him, what happened is what was expected, I'm just not inclined to be showering him in praise for that.

I think he's wildly entertaining. Some of his fans are overboard (like the ones who were declaring he would KO Floyd) but that's not his fault. You can say that about the fans of anything. I do think it's a bit whack that he gets these belts and hasn't defended them, but for the money that was on offer I can't fault someone for that at all. Just like I can't fault Floyd at all for getting 300 million. But that was another example of your double standard, you criticised Floyd for this while justifying it for Conor because he's "made peanuts" lol.

I'm embarrassed for you that this is the best you could come up with :laugh: The fact that you, and others, have this double standard where what he does is OK and what Floyd does isn't doesn't mean I don't like Conor, it means I like what both of them do. I love the trash talkers who back it up.

Just because you're incapable of a rational discussion on this subject because of your clear anti Floyd agenda doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

This is just yet another pathetic attempt from you to try to move the posts around, as you've done consistently through this whole campaign. The fact you keep going on with how many times you've made yourself look foolish in here is valiant I'll give you that, but this is the stupidest retort yet. You really have zero clue.

As I've pointed out to you multiple times (this seems to be a common theme, things get pointed out to you dozens of times and you're incapable of soaking them in, maybe this is another thing that in a month you'll finally come to the realisation) that my initial response to you stemmed from your suggestion that Floyd should do things differently. To which I pointed out how stupid this is because the results, the money and the health speak much louder than anything you're saying, and you still are yet to make an good argument otherwise. That has absolutely zero to do with McGregor. How you've jumped to this conclusion I have zero clue lol.

I'm just trying to do the math here. I think your opinion that Mayweather should have been more aggressive/fought a different style in his career is clueless because I have some anti McGregor agenda lol?

You keep dismissing it, but what did Jim Gray ask Floyd about right after the fight in the ring, again? I can't quite put my finger on the word, mainly because you said it was irrelevant. Now what was that word? Man, I must be having a senior moment or something because it's right on the tip of my tongue. I'm sure I'll remember it at some point. Oh yeah, now I recall. The word he used was....

LEGACY.

Despite your claims that it doesn't matter, it does in boxing. Very much so. And Floyd's legacy is he won by avoiding actual fighting. He ran, hugged, and jabbed his way through his career. Now that it's over, he'll be an afterthought in 10 years.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You keep dismissing it, but what did Jim Gray ask Floyd about right after the fight in the ring, again? I can't quite put my finger on the word, mainly because you said it was irrelevant. Now what was that word? Man, I must be having a senior moment or something because it's right on the tip of my tongue. I'm sure I'll remember it at some point. Oh yeah, now I recall. The word he used was....

LEGACY.

Despite your claims that it doesn't matter, it does in boxing. Very much so. And Floyd's legacy is he won by avoiding actual fighting. He ran, hugged, and jabbed his way through his career. Now that it's over, he'll be an afterthought in 10 years.

:laugh:

You keep telling yourself that........whatever helps you sleep at night :nod:

50 fights 50 wins 0 losses
By knockout 27
By decision 23

national Golden Gloves championships in 1993 (at 106 lb), 1994 (at 114 lb), and 1996 (at 125 lb)

Olympic Bronze

Regional & Minor Titles
##IBO Welterweight Title
##IBA Welterweight Title
##WBC Diamond Super Welterweight Title

World Titles
##WBC Super Featherweight Title
##WBC Lightweight Title
##WBC Super Lightweight Title
##IBF Welterweight Title
##(2) WBC Welterweight Title
##(2) WBC Super Welterweight Title
##WBA Super Welterweight Super Title
##WBA Welterweight Super Title
##WBO Welterweight Title

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

LEGACY.

Floyd has said countless times he's a prize fighter, he fights for money. He has made more than anyone.

You continually project your values on him. He isn't fighting for you or what you want, he has fought for what he wants.

Saying he'll be an afterthought in ten years is nothing but your bias hatred for the man, it's absolute nonsense, but as we've seen countless times, your thoughts on him are meaningless because they're so steeped in your bias.

At 40, after a 20 year career, he's still unquestionably the biggest PPV draw and yet you think he's going to drift into nothing lol.

15 world titles in 5 weight classes but yeah no legacy there lol.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Floyd has said countless times he's a prize fighter, he fights for money. He has made more than anyone.

You continually project your values on him. He isn't fighting for you or what you want, he has fought for what he wants.

Saying he'll be an afterthought in ten years is nothing but your bias hatred for the man, it's absolute nonsense, but as we've seen countless times, your thoughts on him are meaningless because they're so steeped in your bias.

At 40, after a 20 year career, he's still unquestionably the biggest PPV draw and yet you think he's going to drift into nothing lol.

15 world titles in 5 weight classes but yeah no legacy there lol.

No, it's his own projections. He calls himself the GOAT. His boxing shorts have TBE, which stands for the best ever on the belt. So you can continually say it's me, but it's not. It's him. He's the one who keeps talking about his legacy. He's the guy that brings up his resume constantly. And at the end of the day, his legcy is suspect. He fought all his biggest challengers when they were over the hill. He doesn't have that memorable series of fights with anyone. He's known as a great defensive fighter that took defense to an extreme. He's known as a guy who ran and hugged for a lot of his fights. So you can say I'm putting my values on him, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
No, it's his own projections. He calls himself the GOAT. His boxing shorts have TBE, which stands for the best ever on the belt. So you can continually say it's me, but it's not. It's him. He's the one who keeps talking about his legacy. He's the guy that brings up his resume constantly. And at the end of the day, his legcy is suspect. He fought all his biggest challengers when they were over the hill. He doesn't have that memorable series of fights with anyone. He's known as a great defensive fighter that took defense to an extreme. He's known as a guy who ran and hugged for a lot of his fights. So you can say I'm putting my values on him, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Again, as he says, he didn't do this his whole life to say someone is better than him.

Again, surprise, elite athlete has an ego.

You've dodged this countless times, McGregor has called himself a god, he lost to Mayweather, what type of god is he? a god shouldn't lose. That's the double standard in action again.

Again, I ask, but you keep dodging it, Kobe ranks himself above MJ, we all know he isn't, do you have a problem with Kobe doing that?

Again, 50-0, undefeated, a billion dollars and makes it through a 20 year career in Boxing with great health. "it works for him", oh wait, only McGregor gets that justification by you. Why aren't you calling out McGregor the self proclaimed god, the guy who "is Boxing"? oh wait, it's OK, he's just talking **** to make money. But wait, that's exactly what Floyd does, his whole image is a product to make money, but you haven't figured that bit out :laugh: I haven't heard a single negative thing from you about Conor talking himself up so much? and he's the guy who lost. Again, do you have an issue with Kobe ranking himself above MJ? or is it just Floyd who isn't allowed to have an ego. Ali referred to himself as the greatest, it isn't exactly consensus that he was. I don't think he was, and I love Ali, in fact I'm wearing an Ali t shirt while I type this.

I mean, are you new to watching sports or something? there's giant egos everywhere. Many reach the point of success they do in part because they have such high belief in themselves. It works for them. But again, only Conor gets that excuse :laugh:

You seem to have zero idea about the fact that his ego, "TBE" the talk, it's all part of the brand, it's all part of his identity, it's all about making money. How have you not figured this out?

You're becoming so boring because this is just oh so easy. We all know you simply hate Mayweather and can't provide a rational or unbiased comment about him, but you continue to keep ducking questions, trying to pick out individual comments from posts to run to, trying to shift the posts, and you just look foolish every time.

Oh yes, the tired "over the hill" argument that acts as if Floyd doesn't age :laugh:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
The more research I do through 24/7 as well as broadcaster analysis, the more I think that GGG might be able to stop Canelo. First of all, the punching power of GGG is really dangerous. That guy ****ing knocks out fools. And even if it doesn't' immediately, all those blows are going to take a toll. Canelo's challenged himself a lot more than GGG has (GGG has often been fighting mediocre talent because "nobody wants to be knocked out") but he's obviously never faced anyone like GGG before. The longer the fight goes, the more Canelo might wear down.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria

Pfft. Boxing is a sport, with rules. Floyd competed within the rules and found ways to win, to a virtually unprecedented extreme. If you don't like his style, great. That doesn't mean he's very much in the conversation of the "TBE", if not the best ever. TBE doesn't mean your favourite fighter ever.

LEGACY.

The bolded part is straight up dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->