Mayweather vs McGregor Pt II

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Quote starts; lolwut? it's Joshua who is the excitement machine, as successful as Klitschko was people, outside of Europe, didn't like him because he wasn't entertaining. Joshua is a big, powerful, brutal man who can feed people what they want to see in the heavyweight division and has the UK audience and media at his feet. Quote ends.

But still ducking Wilder.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Summa summarum:

Floyd did what everyone thought he would, he measured Conor for few rounds and never really exposed himself. Conor punched way softer than I thought he would but his pose and movement was way better than I thought it would be. In hindsight, it seems like Floyd wanted to carry the fight bit longer than was necessary and the way he approached McGregor was telling. He didn't think of Conor as a legitimate threat.

Fans got a fight and I think Conor showed what we all knew, he's a talented and hard working fighter. The biggest problem I saw was his lack of punching power, which is kind of surprising. Not sure why it was like that.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Mayweather gets the finish and, to the non-boxing fan eye, Conor looked like he gave him a challenge. Compared to the Pacquiao fight, the reviews should be a complete 180.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
To answer from previous thread:

Already was in Vegas, just extended the trip because of the fight. Never planned on seeing it live, would have if it was a good MMA undercard instead of boxing.

Nate was in a rush, just leaving to catch the main event live.

I knew there was a prop bet about Nate walking out with Mayweather, so I tried to grab a late bet as it would have been almost physically impossible.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Everybody wins

Besides Conor. So much talk how he will dominate Mayweather from the start. Where's all the talk now? He said he hits so hard that Mayweather can't guard his punches. I saw straight from the beginning that it isn't possible and as you can see he's not even close to Canelo with his power.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Mayweather gets the finish and, to the non-boxing fan eye, Conor looked like he gave him a challenge. Compared to the Pacquiao fight, the reviews should be a complete 180.

Did he really? I mean, it wasn't a blowout in the sense that Floyd would have just toyed with him, but for me it looked like Conor was able to punch only because May decided not to do anything. The first two rounds it seemed like Floyd didn't do anything but just measured Conor.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Quote starts; lolwut? it's Joshua who is the excitement machine, as successful as Klitschko was people, outside of Europe, didn't like him because he wasn't entertaining. Joshua is a big, powerful, brutal man who can feed people what they want to see in the heavyweight division and has the UK audience and media at his feet. Quote ends.

By fighting Wlad? :laugh:

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I'm super disappointed of this forum. I understand it's a MMA forum... But show some class, dignity and open mindedness. Boxing is a different sport than MMA, and there is no shame in admitting defeat to something that is different.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Did he really? I mean, it wasn't a blowout in the sense that Floyd would have just toyed with him, but for me it looked like Conor was able to punch only because May decided not to do anything. The first two rounds it seemed like Floyd didn't do anything but just measured Conor.

Of course he didn't. That's why I said "to the non-boxing fan eye." But the MMA-only fans, are likely going to proclaim that Conor gave Floyd the toughest fight of his career.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Not enough respect for Mayweather here, I don't think he was "toying" with him per se, but the fight went exactly how he wanted it to. Floyd is the ultimate tactician, insanely smart in the ring and it's known he's willing to throw away early rounds to study his opponents. This is how I seen it go:

Rounds 1-3: Study. Let Conor throw everything he's got and get his timing and movement down
Rounds 3-6: Click. Gotcha, you can't hurt me and I know it, I know every trick in your bag, you only got a Hail Mary chance. Cover up, walk forward and take those putter patter shots and pop back with substance.
Rounds 6 and on: It's Over. Conor can barely lift his arms, finish him.

All the while, Conor couldn't adjust. He watched countless Mayweather videos of him doing the Philly Shell and backing up. Suddenly he's walking forward, and he's not stopping, and he's throwing big shots. Conor had almost zero defense, you can tell he relied on his offense to be his best defense and Floyd made him use it, constantly wasting energy on nothing shots.

One of the most beautiful parts of the fight was when Conor turned his back to run, and tried to pull a quick one and turn and fire quick, Mayweather absolutely sniped him with a solid straight, "not in my house", beautiful work.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

To be fair he said "to the non-Boxing fan eye he gave him a challenge" which is true, plenty of non-Boxing fans think because he gave him a challenge because it went to the 10th round and because Floyd didn't just dominate him from the outset.

Doesn't mean he actually did give him a challenge.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Rocko, to answer your post in the previous thread, I have no idea what the betting line was for Rousey-Nunes, I don't follow UFC beyond what Jim Rome mentions about it on his show.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Of course he didn't. That's why I said "to the non-boxing fan eye." But the MMA-only fans, are likely going to proclaim that Conor gave Floyd the toughest fight of his career.

To be fair he said "to the non-Boxing fan eye he gave him a challenge" which is true, plenty of non-Boxing fans think because he gave him a challenge because it went to the 10th round and because Floyd didn't just dominate him from the outset.

Doesn't mean he actually did give him a challenge.

Yeah, I'm working with 3 hours of sleep in the past 40 hours and a full bottle of wine down my belly so I missed it. Sorry. :)

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Is that why Wilder is calling out Joseph Parker for the WBO belt?

Joshua/Wilder will happen, just going to be a matter of how long it takes Wilder to agree to cross the pond.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm sure Conor has the power to knock boxers out, but boxing is suuuuch a different beast. You only get so many clean looks if your lucky, and you have to make them count. You can't just sit there and throw punches at a guard and expect to put guys down.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Rocko, to answer your post in the previous thread, I have no idea what the betting line was for Rousey-Nunes, I don't follow UFC beyond what Jim Rome mentions about it on his show.

Rousey was the favourite there. Had a handsome collect myself.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm super disappointed of this forum. I understand it's a MMA forum... But show some class, dignity and open mindedness. Boxing is a different sport than MMA, and there is no shame in admitting defeat to something that is different.

The big fights always bring out the worst in here.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Is that why Wilder is calling out Joseph Parker for the WBO belt?

Joshua/Wilder will happen, just going to be a matter of how long it takes Wilder to agree to cross the pond.

Wilder was calling out Joshua before that. Joshua/Wilder will happen soon as Joshua stop's to being the *****.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Honestly, as a hardcore mma fan who's dabbled sporadically in boxing, this fight revved me up, I'll be ordering the Canelo/GGG fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad