Mayorov

PensinPitt

Jun 19, 2007
What's the deal with people putting him in the 20's in the mock drafts. Hell ive seen some where he's not even in the 1st rd. If the guy was NA, he'd be top 10. Is there something wrong w/ the dude or does a lot of the negative feeling come from the transfer agreement (or lack there of)?

Personally i think he's a top 10 talent...

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
I fail to see how he could go top 20 even if there was a transfer agreement. What has he done? He played minor-league Russian hockey and did well...what else?

Screams 2nd rounder to me. IMO he compares to Makarov/Vasyunov in terms of draft value.

Last edited:

PensinPitt

Jun 19, 2007
From what ive seen, and what i have read (decent ammount) he definately is a gifted player. He has one of the best size/speed combo's in the draft. Can make great plays at top speed, goes hard into corners and can finish very well. I dont care that he's never been in the RSL. Kovalchuk, Volchenkov, Kozlov, among others came out of the same league and have done very well.

It may be 2/3 years before he impacts the NHL game, but i think he'll end up being one of the best players that comes out of this draft.....

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Kovalchuk didn't play a game in the RSL before coming to NA. He was drafted out of Spartak when the team was in minor league and just came back to the RSL.
That is correct, strait from minor league to an impact player in the NHL. Says a lot about him IMO.

What hurts Mayorov is the fact that he missed the U18 this year.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
I hope Mayorov Falls to the 20th Pick. He could be the biggest sleeper in the draft. Playing on a line with Crosby he could develop into a potential 40-goal scorer. Could be our missing link.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I've said, that many people overrate russian players. Now all the talk is about this transfer agreement and how it hurts russian draft positions.

Sure it hurts, Cherepanov has fallen at least 10 positions, but Mayorov? He played in russian AHL and has done alright, but he wasn't a stud there. To add he didn't played at U18 WJC because of injury. So why would he had gone in TOP 10?

If he had played in NA, or or transfer agreement was Ok, maybe he would gone in 1st. But yesterday I thought that for example Oscar Moller is sure 1st rounder, and he has fallen out. And they are approximately on the same level.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
I hope Mayorov falls to 51. I dont care about the russian transfer agreement. He has potential to be a good hockey player. And if the Penguins somehow draft I'm sure he would want to come play for this team. Who in there right mind wouldnt.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
I will put dollars to donuts he does not do any more than Morozov ever did. I doubt he even does that much. You read his scouting report it sounds like someone switched the Y to a Z and then changed positions with the R.

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
It seems too many teams were avoiding raw skill. Cherepanov,Esposito,Mayorov,Etc.There were far too many americans taken.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I hope Mayorov Falls to the 20th Pick. He could be the biggest sleeper in the draft. Playing on a line with Crosby he could develop into a potential 40-goal scorer. Could be our missing link.

multiply the 20s by about 4 1/2 and thats where i hope he goes...oh wait :sarcasm:

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
i'm amazed he fell this far..
4th round, 94th overall, for someone a lot of people had going in the first round is a MAJOR slide.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

multiply the 20s by about 4 1/2 and thats where i hope he goes...oh wait :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad