May have some explainations plz? (Perezhogin's case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
NewHabsArea said:
Im simply asking why is'nt Perezhogin in the top 15, what is totally laughable.

Why should he be in the top 15? What's so laughable about him not being in the top 15?

You're not simply asking, you've made all sorts of rather ridiculous predictions.

NewHabsEra*

Zednik20 said:
I'd put Perezhogin in the 40 range. Low 40s sounds good. Top 15 is laughable.

Why is it laughable when Semin is ranked 13th?

:dunno:

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Can someone tell me the importance of rankings? What's the difference if Perezhogin is ranked 15th or 100th? Isn't he still the exact same player? What does an arbitrary ranking change about a player? Where HockeysFuture or THN rank a player doesn't change his upside or his chance of reaching his upside, so why bother complaining?

NewHabsEra*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Why should he be in the top 15? What's so laughable about him not being in the top 15?

You're not simply asking, you've made all sorts of rather ridiculous predictions.

Ok forget the top 15 just one sec... I personnally think he should be ranked that high considering his top notch skills, the way he developed last year in the AHL being one of the best fowards at the end of the season, considering his nice production in the RSL this year playing on the third line and his selection on team russia over some other solid prospects... Why is'nt he simply in the top 50 when a guys like Grigorenko ranked so high?

Can you reply me fairly and say why the hell is'nt Perezhogin on this list?

To me he is a top 15 but I could live with him being in the top 30.. Out of the top 50 list is just ridiculous!

NewHabsEra*

RickyF said:
Because Semin has played in the NHL and was drafted before Perezhogin ? Because Semin has a better potential ?

Semin would'nt have played a single NHL game last year if he was a Habs prospect... Maybe 2-3 games in place of Balej but thats all... We were loaded with one way contracts (Perreault, Juneau, Dackell...)

Semin hasnt been drafted the same year Perezhogin has and the 2001 draft was an alot better one than the 2002. But this is not the point, HF shouldnt rank prospects by where they were selected but regarding progression and overall skills...

Still, why is Grigorenko on this list over Perezhogin? Why has'nt Semin been selected on team Russia?

leafaholix*

Perezhogin has 5 points in 25 games along with 120 penalty minutes on my EHM team... that's why he's not in the top 15!

:snide:

CH Wizard

Leafaholix said:
Perezhogin has 5 points in 25 games along with 120 penalty minutes on my EHM team... that's why he's not in the top 15!

:lol :(

I guess you putted him in the fourth line.Poor Perezhogin , why you're suffering him so much ?? I know you hate the habs !!! :madfire: :dunce:

NewHabsEra*

Leafaholix said:

This is the most credible answer I had until now.

But I still hope someone can do better.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I don't post here to often though I enjoy reading the posts alot and I interject with my two cents now and then...

and Vlad is one of the most respected posters around here IMO..

Habs...fans

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Qubax said:
I don't post here to often though I enjoy reading the posts alot and I interject with my two cents now and then...

and Vlad is one of the most respected posters around here IMO..

Habs...fans
What's your point?

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Genghis Keon said:
Can someone tell me the importance of rankings? What's the difference if Perezhogin is ranked 15th or 100th? Isn't he still the exact same player? What does an arbitrary ranking change about a player? Where HockeysFuture or THN rank a player doesn't change his upside or his chance of reaching his upside, so why bother complaining?

Reason has no place in a serious argument about hockey prospects my friend. :teach:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well as a Habs fan, yes I do feel Perezhogin should of been included in the top 50, not in the top 15 but somewhere around the 30-50 range...but like many here have said, what does the HF's top 50 prospects list mean? no offense to those who put alot of hard work into it, but really, it's come down to just a bragging list for us posters here...

And whoever said Balej was superior to Perezhogin, well I think that's a post full of crap...Balej's stock only rose here when he was traded away by the Habs, there is a reason why Perezhogin wasn't included in the list of players provided by Gainey to the Rangers, he (Balej) isin't close to Perezhogin in terms of being a complete player...

BTW...what's happening with Balej, I read he was a healthy scratch for a few games? :dunno:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ax²+bx+c said:
I said it so many times. Balej = Czerkawski...

nevertheless...what the deal with him this year? some were touting him as a rookie the of year candidate if the NHL seaso had taken off when it was supposed to, of course I laughed, but his stock was very high earlier this year

NewHabsEra*

ax²+bx+c said:
I said it so many times. Balej = Czerkawski...

No way, Balej is alot faster than Czerkawski, has more grit and create alot more scoring chances by himself..

Balej is a great prospect too but still very far behind Perezhogin...

Perezhogin will be something between a star or a solid first line winger in the NHL.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
NewHabsArea said:
No way, Balej is alot faster than Czerkawski, has more grit and create alot more scoring chances by himself..

Balej is a great prospect too but still very far behind Perezhogin...

Perezhogin will be something between a star or a solid first line winger in the NHL.

Well I don't know. Balej plays a game that's really similar to Czerkawski. Maybe not in their of playing styles or attributes, but in what they bring. You know, when Czerkawski was in Montreal, we hated him for all the holes in his game. He just couldn't get his game going because we played a team system and everyone has to work in all the areas of the game in order to be successful. Balej has similar issues in his game, sometimes he's not involved in the play, he doesn't has a great vision of the game, etc.

As for Perezhogin, I think he'll turn into a top 6 forward with the habs, nothing too impressive but still that's how I see him. He's really skilled and I think he's going to be a treat on the ice almost every games, while scoring 20 to 30 goals per seasons. He could also play become a solid penality killer.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
Because Perezhogin isn't a better prospect than:
Ovechkin
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Malkin
Fleury
Horton
Phaneuf
Vanek
Michalek
Suter
Barker
Parise
Semin
Coburn
Kostsitsyn

ITS THE TRUTH AND YOU KNOW IT! Who on that list is he better than?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
NewHabsArea said:
Ok forget the top 15 just one sec... I personnally think he should be ranked that high considering his top notch skills, the way he developed last year in the AHL being one of the best fowards at the end of the season, considering his nice production in the RSL this year playing on the third line and his selection on team russia over some other solid prospects... Why is'nt he simply in the top 50 when a guys like Grigorenko ranked so high?

Perzhogin is a very skilled player. But perhaps you should familiarize yourself with other prospects? This kind of skill level is something we see plenty of.

Now, if you want to argue he should be in the top 50, that's different. I think it's reasonable but hey, there were something like 70 players with a shot at his top 50. The difference between the 30th and 60th guy on a list may be very small.

I think it looks really bad when you pretend it's shocking that he didn't make the top 15 and predict a Calder. He's a good prospect but nothing out of the ordinary. Good skill level, somewhat modest size, playing well but nothing earth shattering for a 1983, upside is not that amazing. He's progressing well and anywhere between 20th and 70th is logical in his case.

I'm sure they took the slashing incident into account as well.

You mentioned Semin earlier, for instance. Semin is younger than Perez, already has played well in the NHL, doing well too in Russia right now.

Which reminds me that anyway, this year wasn't taken into account when ranking the players. I think you should dig up some old threads when the rankings were released, familiarize yourself with other prospects and with the method they used. You will see his omission is nothing outrageous.

NewHabsEra*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Perzhogin is a very skilled player. But perhaps you should familiarize yourself with other prospects? This kind of skill level is something we see plenty of.

Now, if you want to argue he should be in the top 50, that's different. I think it's reasonable but hey, there were something like 70 players with a shot at his top 50. The difference between the 30th and 60th guy on a list may be very small.

I think it looks really bad when you pretend it's shocking that he didn't make the top 15 and predict a Calder. He's a good prospect but nothing out of the ordinary. Good skill level, somewhat modest size, playing well but nothing earth shattering for a 1983, upside is not that amazing. He's progressing well and anywhere between 20th and 70th is logical in his case.

I'm sure they took the slashing incident into account as well.

You mentioned Semin earlier, for instance. Semin is younger than Perez, already has played well in the NHL, doing well too in Russia right now.

Which reminds me that anyway, this year wasn't taken into account when ranking the players. I think you should dig up some old threads when the rankings were released, familiarize yourself with other prospects and with the method they used. You will see his omission is nothing outrageous.

Well, we wont agree on Perezhogin's status... To me most people underrate him a big time over here... I always been a big Semin fan but Ive Perezhogin over him... I saw almost every prospects on the HF prospects list at least once except some last drafted Europeans...

I remember a big leafs fan saying that Higgins ranked 49th was a disgrace not long ago... What word should be used for Perezhogin's ommission?

BTW, just like that, Perezhogin has been selected first star of the game last game against AK Bars (Jarg, Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalev...) putting 1 goal and 1 assist playing on the third line.

Good night ;)

Edit: Thanks for your explainations, I desagree a big time, especially when you say there are Plenty of Perezhogin like players but I will respect your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewHabsEra*

modestfwd said:
Because Perezhogin isn't a better prospect than:
Ovechkin
Lehtonen
Zherdev
Malkin
Fleury
Horton
Phaneuf
Vanek
Michalek
Suter
Barker
Parise
Semin
Coburn
Kostsitsyn

ITS THE TRUTH AND YOU KNOW IT! Who on that list is he better than?

At the moment Perezhogin is a way better prospect than Kostitsyn... We will see how Kostitsyn develop, the upside is definively there, maybe even higher than Perezhogin's one but no one can be sure he will reach it.

leafaholix*

NewHabsArea said:
At the moment Perezhogin is a way better prospect than Kostitsyn... We will see how Kostitsyn develop, the upside is definively there, maybe even higher than Perezhogin's one but no one can be sure he will reach it.
Kostitsyn wouldn't even crack the top 30 if it weren't for Kyle Woodlief and the fact that he was drafted by a team with a large fanbase. That's why a guy like Alexander Radulov gets little attention. To say he's better than Andrei isn't enough... because the hype around AK47 is why he's a top 15 or whatever prospect on HF.com's list.

NewHabsEra*

Leafaholix said:
Kostitsyn wouldn't even crack the top 30 if it weren't for Kyle Woodlief and the fact that he was drafted by a team with a large fanbase. That's why a guy like Alexander Radulov gets little attention. To say he's better than Andrei isn't enough... because the hype around AK47 is why he's a top 15 or whatever prospect on HF.com's list.

I dont think Kostitsyn's hype is due to the fact he has been selected by the Habs and over hyped by large fan club... First Kostitsyn played amazinly at the WJC, secondly several NHL scouts had him very high on their list and thought he was one of the most skilled foward prospects in the draft... The only downside was his healt issue... The first teams to select played safe while Trashers were looking for a defenseman, they picked Coburn... Calgary did'nt pass on Phaneuf as well... Finnally Kost was still available at 10th overall in a so deep draft, Habs picked him.. Considering his high selection + wonderful things said on him by several NHL scouts and the credibility of the Habs' scouting department around the league, this is just normal Kostitsyn has been regarded like a great talent, what he is... The skills and upside are obvious, especially his phenomenal shot and scoring touch but he still is very raw and will have to adjust to the Pro level, NA culture, language...

Now does Kostitsyn deserve to be in the top 30 at the moment? No way! Top 40? Maybe. Top 50? Yes based on upside as well as several prospects on the list!

You have to considere not only the new culture and language he face but the fact he is a 19 year old kid, one of the younger in the AHL playing for a coatch asking every kids to play the way its played in the big league...

Kost needs to bulk up, adjust to the speed of the game, how to play a smart 2 way game without cheating offensively like several young highly skilled kids do...

I cant wait to see what his progression looks like in 2 weeks or so... One thing is sure, this guy has some natural sick skills and will become something great if everything turn right... IMO, he will...you already can feel his grit and charactere at time despite he looks most of the time outmatched physically... 19 years old... give the kid a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad