May have been asked before but....Zherdev vs Ruutu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Zherdev, hands down. Why? Because I've seen Zherdev play a lot and I think he's one of the best young players in the league, but I haven't seen Ruutuu for mor than a few games, and he didn't impress me at all.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
roshiajin said:
but I haven't seen Ruutuu for mor than a few games, and he didn't impress me at all.

Maybe you can spell Ruutu right? ;)

I'll take Ruutu.

Zherdev has wicked skills but Ruutu can do it all. He's not a one trick pony like Zherdev.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
Because Zherdev is bound to be a one-trick pony for the rest of his life?

I'll agree Ruutu brings a better defensive game (even though his +/- isn't that great - but I don't put much stock into that) and probably will for the rest of his career, but saying Zherdev is a one-trick pony is pretty short-sighted considering he's two years younger.

Oh and what one trick is that? Speed? Puck Control? Passing Ability? Shot? or just general Offensive ability?

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
BlueJackets61 said:
Oh and what one trick is that? Speed? Puck Control? Passing Ability? Shot? or just general Offensive ability?

Offensive and only offensive.

Zherdev isn't a slouch but i'll take the player that brings it all instead of the player who only scores.

It's pretty much Iginla VS Bure. I'll take Iggy.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
If you want the better offensive player then Zherdev is your answer, but if you want the overall player then Ruutu is your guy.

For me this is a tough one, I love Zherdev and I would'nt wanna pass on him, but Ruutu seems like a complete package, so I'll take Ruutu.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Ruutu is a finnish god.

I don't think you'll ever see Zherdev go through Team Canada. Tuomo is a power forward with the skills of a russian and hitting of a tank. A wicked shot too!

Ruutu please

Zherdev is a first liner but he isnt a "marquee" player. That would be his linemate.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
roshiajin said:
Zherdev, hands down. Why? Because I've seen Zherdev play a lot and I think he's one of the best young players in the league, but I haven't seen Ruutuu for mor than a few games, and he didn't impress me at all.

he didnt impress you at all? surely u watched the WC final? In the second half he lead the league in goals, not impressed? His last 50 games played including the WC have been magical :)

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
^ Are you serious it only took 21 goals to lead the league in the 2nd half? Im not so sure about that stat but he definitely was on fire the second half and about a ppg.

Ruutu is already a top 5 hitter in the NHL, by many accounts the best, to do that as a rookie is pretty damn ridiculous. Zherdev has a slight edge in offensive talent, definitely not enough to make him more valueble.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I would take Zherdev in a heart beat...Ruutu is awsome as well and is the better overall package but Zherdev has the super rare ability to be in the top 3 most exciting players in the league and one of the top scorers, his skills are very rare.

LyleOdelein

Aug 3, 2005
Renfrew
These are 2 of my favourite young guys. I like Zherdev's skill level a lot. But I think that Ruutu's going to prove to be a very special player as the years go on. He's got a good mix of skill, determination and toughness. I'd gladly take either of them on my team, but of the two, I'd take Ruutu.

Mr.Brownov*

For overall skill,IMO Nik doesn't come close to Tuomo.As mentioned above,Ruutu does it all.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I didn't realize that Ruutu had played so well over there since I never heard anything about him after he left Finland, until the WC obviously. (Yes, they don't show NHL here unless you got satellite and I don't)

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
This decision took me all of 2 seconds...RUUTU. And of course you meant jarkko, right? :biglaugh: j/k of course. Tuomo has comparable offensive skills to Zherdev, plays better defense, and hits as good as almost anyone. I'd kill for the predators to have Ruutu.

AgentNaslund*

zherdev. I Remember the time when team canada, did a little tourny thoughout europe, then there was a game vs russa, which included, yashin, kovelev, zherdev, kovalchuk ovechkin, canada, had domi, lindros, sundin, kinda wierd, but some of you guys remembered, i was able to watch that game, and zherdev looked so good i think one day hes gonna be an all star.

Zherdev in a heart beat.

X0ssbar

salty justice said:
Ruutu is already a top 5 hitter in the NHL, by many accounts the best, to do that as a rookie is pretty damn ridiculous. Zherdev has a slight edge in offensive talent, definitely not enough to make him more valueble.

Ruutu may have a better overall game but Z definitely has more than just a slight edge offensively over Ruutu.

This kid is best talent with the puck I've seen in a long time. He has that rare ability to create his own scoring chances no matter who is on his line. He can score goals and create opportunities equally IMO. Z also is no slouch in the physical department - he doesn't shy away from contact but at the same time he doesn't look to run people over - he undresses them. Just sick puck skills.

That said - I like both player's games a lot. For the Blue Jackets situation - they need an offensive guy like Zherdev who can gain the offensive zone and maintain puck control (especially on the PP) more than a what someone like a Ruutu can bring to the table. I say that b/c they already have Nash who plays a similar game to Ruutu.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Nash plays a similiar game to Ruutu? Maybe you havent seen them play. What can Zherdev do that Ruutu cant? Put the puck through his legs!!! O JOY!

Heres a comparison

Federov and Roenick

Zherdev and Ruutu

Roenick is a better player now and has been. Ruutu is probably even better than Roenick was.

Come on, you must choose Ruutu he adds EVERYTHING better than Zherdev.

Zherdev also adds only offense, thats not waht hockey is all about.

Zherdev isnt a franchise player.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hawkhead said:
Nash plays a similiar game to Ruutu? Maybe you havent seen them play. What can Zherdev do that Ruutu cant? Put the puck through his legs!!! O JOY!

Heres a comparison

Federov and Roenick

Zherdev and Ruutu

Roenick is a better player now and has been. Ruutu is probably even better than Roenick was.

Come on, you must choose Ruutu he adds EVERYTHING better than Zherdev.

Zherdev also adds only offense, thats not waht hockey is all about.

Zherdev isnt a franchise player.

Are you being sarcastic? Especially the Feds vs. JR comparison.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hawkhead said:
he didnt impress you at all? surely u watched the WC final? In the second half he lead the league in goals, not impressed? His last 50 games played including the WC have been magical :)

Zherdev didn't attend training camp. He started the season on another league on another continent. He arrived to the NHL in December, had an adaptation period.

In his last 13 games he had 16 points.

Ruutu had 27 points in his last 24 games, but come on, it took him twice as long to adapt to the NHL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad