GDT: May 4 • Russia 6, Latvia 0

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
With these bums we played much better before Nolan came. I agree that our roster is very weak but Nolans makes it look even weaker than it actually is.

Last year i might have disagreed with you,but its obvious our players CAN play better, Nolan may not be the best choice for us.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
With these bums we played much better before Nolan came.
When exactly? Before Nolan's reign declines for NT wasn't a norm, no?How fast we have forgotten our fantastic run last year which ended at current dry spell? All the exhibition games? Game against Russia? Win against Germany? It was awesome hockey.

Who could of imagine that Saviels will ever return to our roster? Like seriously, Ukraine wouldn't call him up for their third tier campaign... :(

Anyway, this wasn't the game for us. Hopefully guys will perform better against our level-ish opponents. And I mean level-ish, because with this roster we are underdogs to 13 of 16 teams in this tournament.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
When exactly? Before Nolan's reign declines for NT wasn't a norm, no?How fast we have forgotten our fantastic run last year which ended at current dry spell? All the exhibition games? Game against Russia? Win against Germany? It was awesome hockey.

Who could of imagine that Saviels will ever return to our roster? Like seriously, Ukraine wouldn't call him up for their third tier campaign... :(

Anyway, this wasn't the game for us. Hopefully guys will perform better against our level-ish opponents. And I mean level-ish, because with this roster we are underdogs to 13 of 16 teams in this tournament.

Atleast before we could put the puck in the back of the net...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It won't happen, if we will have one somewhat skilled line. No Nizivijs, Vasiljevs, Karsums, Daugavins... Znaroks had it easy :)

Nizivijs? Today hes useless. Vasiljevs yeah but he appearently is German now, Karsums 2nd year in row some mysterious injuries RIGHT BEFORE the wc,Daugavins? He has absolutley no finesse and no skill.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
With these bums we played much better before Nolan came. I agree that our roster is very weak but Nolans makes it look even weaker than it actually is.

It won't happen, if we will have one somewhat skilled line. No Nizivijs, Vasiljevs, Karsums, Daugavins... Znaroks had it easy :)

The fantastic year of 2009 had many players, that aren't playing anymore. Let's remember how Znaroks coped the year before Nolan came - not so good.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
oh well I know it must hurt losing 0-6 to Russia, but at least you didn't get to tired physically and there are more important games to come.
Now at least you know what doesn't work on the team.....

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
oh well I know it must hurt losing 0-6 to Russia, but at least you didn't get to tired physically and there are more important games to come.
Now at least you know what doesn't work on the team.....

Well it was obvious already before the tournament- simple lack of skill Miks Indrasis,Darzins,Sprukts,Krisjanis Redlihs,Kulda aaaaaand thats about it everyone else is just pathetic and certainly wouldnt make a team like norway or Denmark..

Domen

Feb 18, 2013

You can check Znaroks' last year's roster and see who was gaining the points and you will see many players who are still playing now under Nolan and not scoring. And scoring is not the only problem anyway. We are just playing like s**t. There is no fighting spirit. The team is playing awful.

Under Znaroks every line tried to play as hard as they could, you could have never blamed the team for lacking a fighting spirit, even when we were losing hard, the team was not unbearable to watch.

Domen

Feb 18, 2013
The fantastic year of 2009 had many players, that aren't playing anymore. Let's remember how Znaroks coped the year before Nolan came - not so good.

If you forget that game against Denmark when we lost in bullets and had to play to avoid relegation, we did actually play good. Back then we lost to future champs Finalnd in bullets, had a very solid game against czechs, won Belarus and Austria quite easily.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well it was obvious already before the tournament- simple lack of skill Miks Indrasis,Darzins,Sprukts,Krisjanis Redlihs,Kulda aaaaaand thats about it everyone else is just pathetic and certainly wouldnt make a team like norway or Denmark..

Well if you don't have skill then you grind......:laugh: We have always had players from the danish league on the NT. You can come a long way on team spirit and grinding so long you at least have 1-2 lines that can play with skill. Your first two lines does have skills.
[Thor Dresler have had 0G 3A in 37 WC matches since 2003 WC, but he has been a great grinding 4'th liner. Hhe was benched forward today I think, but will likely be on against Norway]
I think Latvia just have to focus all their mental powers on the Austria match and maybe they already have and that's why they lost 0-6 this game.
Denmark made the same mistake as last year. Play a fantastic opening game, spend lots of energy but still end up losing. So they will be dead tired against Norway tomorrow....

If you lose to Austria then you can start complaining, but with this years roster that is the reasonable goal (to win that match that is).

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
You can check Znaroks' last year's roster and see who was gaining the points and you will see many players who are still playing now under Nolan and not scoring. And scoring is not the only problem anyway. We are just playing like s**t. There is no fighting spirit. The team is playing awful.

Under Znaroks every line tried to play as hard as they could, you could have never blamed the team for lacking a fighting spirit, even when we were losing hard, the team was not unbearable to watch.

Nonsense.

2010: 11th place
2011: 13th place

Inability to score started shortly after 2nd season in KHL. There was even that thing of "bosses" asking players to save strength during the WCH for the next season. How can you even think about asking things like that? And Znaroks last successful year was 2009. After that some key players left the NT and many more mysteriously began to lose skill. And the syndrome of no-goals started while Znaroks was still in charge. It's not Nolan's thing, it's KHL, MHL and all that hockey school. Self confidence is a key factor for mediocre players.

Domen

Feb 18, 2013
Nonsense.

2010: 11th place
2011: 13th place

Inability to score started shortly after 2nd season in KHL. There was even that thing of "bosses" asking players to save strength during the WCH for the next season. How can you even think about asking things like that? And Znaroks last successful year was 2009. After that some key players left the NT and many more mysteriously began to lose skill. And the syndrome of no-goals started while Znaroks was still in charge. It's not Nolan's thing, it's KHL, MHL and all that hockey school. Self confidence is a key factor for mediocre players.

The inability to score goals was even before KHL, 2008 was very bad in goals too, KHL and MHL isn't the reason for that. It really isn't Nolan's thing but under Nolan they not only don't score goals, they barely create any chances to do it. They just play badly. Last year's 10th place was better than Znarok's 13th only because of the formula change. That year with Znaroks we got 13th place only because we lost that one game to Denmark in bullets, next year with Nolan we lost to that same Denmark 0-2.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
The inability to score goals was even before KHL, 2008 was very bad in goals too, KHL and MHL isn't the reason for that. It really isn't Nolan's thing but under Nolan they not only don't score goals, they barely create any chances to do it. They just play badly. Last year's 10th place was better than Znarok's 13th only because of the formula change. That year with Znaroks we got 13th place only because we lost that one game to Denmark in bullets, next year with Nolan we lost to that same Denmark 0-2.

I still think, that the best coach for Latvia was Vasiļjevs. And nobody likes Znaroks. I don't care what he does in KHL, but he's simply not welcome in Latvia anymore. He should have known how to keep his mouth shut.

Domen

Feb 18, 2013
I still think, that the best coach for Latvia was Vasiļjevs. And nobody likes Znaroks. I don't care what he does in KHL, but he's simply not welcome in Latvia anymore. He should have known how to keep his mouth shut.

That's not true, lol. Some people don't like him, but not everybody :laugh:

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
he wanted Loktionov to go far post, but that's not the way to build good chemistry

Corrrect. The slow mo showed clearly that he wanted to push Loktionov towards the far post.

Looked funny though .. But I dont anyone care really. Looks like they have good chemistry in that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad